'They Were Afraid' in the Bible
And he said to them, "Where [is] your faith?" But they were afraid [and] were astonished, saying to one another, "Who then is this, that he commands even the winds and the water and they obey him?"
Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
and they were afraid, for those that saw it told them how the demoniac was healed.
And [while] he was saying these [things], a cloud came and overshadowed them, and they were afraid as they entered into the cloud.
But they understood not this saying, and it was concealed from them, that they should not perceive it; and they were afraid to ask him about this saying.
The scribes and the chief priests desired and tried to find a way to arrest Him at that very hour, but they were afraid of the people; for they discerned that He had related this parable against them.
and the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how they may take him up, for they were afraid of the people.
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Be Not Afraid (60 instances in 24 translations)
- Believed and Were Baptized (2 instances in 13 translations)
- By Him All Things Were Created (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Covenant Which They Broke (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Days That Were Before (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Do Not Be Afraid (108 instances in 20 translations)
- Hearts Were Hardened (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Heavens Were Opened (3 instances in 27 translations)
- Remember that You Were a Slave (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Sabbath They Rested (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- That They All May Be One (1 instance in 16 translations)
- That They May Be One (5 instances in 38 translations)
- That They May Believe (3 instances in 32 translations)
- They Forgot Me (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They Have Their Reward (3 instances in 21 translations)
- They Remembered (10 instances in 37 translations)
- They That Are After The Flesh (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They That Are After The Spirit (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They Were Accursed (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They Were Amazed (27 instances in 34 translations)
- They Were Divided (9 instances in 18 translations)
- They Will Know that I Am the Lord (32 instances in 5 translations)
- They Will Reign (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Waters Were Divided (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Being Afraid
- Kings, How They Should Act
- Ministers, Way They Should Teach
- Prophets Who Were Not Sent
- They Committed Immorality
- They Do Not Keep Commands
- Those Who Were Ignorant
- What Do They Do?
- Teachers Of The Law
- Fearing Other People
- Opposition To Christ From Scribes
- Fear Of Christ