'Author' in the Bible
These came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah [not the author], Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai [not Esther's relative], Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of Israel:
Who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah [not the author], Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum, Baanah. The men of Israel numbered:
Will you depend upon him to bring home your seed and gather the grain of your threshing floor? [Who, Job, was the author of this strange variance in the disposition of animals so alike in appearance? Was it you?]
And He has raised up a Horn of salvation [a mighty and valiant Helper, the Author of salvation] for us in the house of David His servant -- "
But you killed the very Source (the Author) of life, Whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.
And Philip said, If you believe with all your heart [if you have a conviction, full of joyful trust, that Jesus is the Messiah and accept Him as the Author of your salvation in the kingdom of God, giving Him your obedience, then] you may. And he replied, I do believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
And [Paul] went down to Derbe and also to Lystra. A disciple named Timothy was there, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer [she had become convinced that Jesus is the Messiah and the Author of eternal salvation, and yielded obedience to Him]; but [Timothy's] father was a Greek.
And when she was baptized along with her household, she earnestly entreated us, saying, If in your opinion I am one really convinced [that Jesus is the Messiah and the Author of salvation] and that I will be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay. And she induced us [to do it].
For as woman was made from man, even so man is also born of woman; and all [whether male or female go forth] from God [as their Author].
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Finally, brethren, farewell (rejoice)! Be strengthened (perfected, completed, made what you ought to be); be encouraged and consoled and comforted; be of the same [agreeable] mind one with another; live in peace, and [then] the God of love [Who is the Source of affection, goodwill, love, and benevolence toward men] and the Author and Promoter of peace will be with you.
And they glorified God [as the Author and Source of what had taken place] in me.
For it was becoming to Him, because of whom are the all things, and through whom are the all things, many sons to glory bringing, the author of their salvation through sufferings to make perfect,
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Now may the God of peace [Who is the Author and the Giver of peace], Who brought again from among the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, by the blood [that sealed, ratified] the everlasting agreement (covenant, testament),
And to the angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the trusty and faithful and true Witness, the Origin and Beginning and Author of God's creation:
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Authentic (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Authenticated (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Authenticating (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Authoritative (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Authorities (66 instances in 14 translations)
- Abuse Of Authority, Examples Of
- Abuse Of Authority, Warnings Against
- All Authority Has Been Given To Jesus
- Apostles, Authority In Church
- Apostles, Basis Of Authority
- Authority Delegated To People
- Authority Of Christ
- Authority Of Disciples
- Authority Of People
- Authority Within The Family, Kinds Of
- Authority, Belonging To God
- Authority, Responsibilities Of
- Authority, of human institutions
- Christ The Beginning
- Christ's Authority Over Death
- Christ's Authority Over Evil
- Christ's Authority Over Nature
- Christ's Authority Over Sickness
- Christ's Authority Over Sin
- Christ, Names For
- Church Authority, Of Eldars
- Church Authority, Of Jesus Christ
- Church, Christ Authority Over
- Civil authorities
- Demons, Christ's Authority
- God Of Peace
- Honoring Authority
- Human Authority, Christian Response
- Human Authority, Instituted By God
- Human Authority, Nature Of
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Names And Titles For Christ
- Obedience, To Human Authorities
- People Lacking Authority
- Rebellion, Against Human Authority
- Submission To Authority
- The Authority Of Scripture