'Godly' in the Bible
And His mercy (His compassion and kindness toward the miserable and afflicted) is on those who fear Him with godly reverence, from generation to generation and age to age.
For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
but -- which becometh women professing godly piety -- through good works.
By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, kept righteous by the Spirit's might, adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, believing souls found peace and rest, our Lord in heaven reigning!
Do not have anything to do with godless myths and fables of old women. Instead, train yourself to be godly.
If anyone teaches false doctrine and refuses to agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, and godly teaching,
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Who in the days of his flesh, having offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and having been heard for his godly fear,
By faith Noah, being warned of God concerning things not seen as yet, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; through which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
In like manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,
For it is with this end in view that the Good News was proclaimed even to some who were dead, that they may be judged, as all mankind will be judged, in the body, but may be living a godly life in the spirit.
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
Since everything will be destroyed in this way, think of the kind of holy and godly people you ought to be
Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:
She has been permitted to dress in fine (radiant) linen, dazzling and white -- "for the fine linen is (signifies, represents) the righteousness (the upright, just, and godly living, deeds, and conduct, and right standing with God) of the saints (God's holy people).
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- God (4986 instances in 14 translations)
- God (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-appointed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- God-assigned (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-breathed (1 instance in 4 translations)
- God-fearers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-fearing (17 instances in 7 translations)
- God-forsaken (2 instances in 8 translations)
- God-given (5 instances in 3 translations)
- God-haters (1 instance in 2 translations)
- God-king (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-ordained (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-sows (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-taught (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-ward (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Godasked (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goddess (33 instances in 14 translations)
- Godhead (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Godless (38 instances in 10 translations)
- Godlessness (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Godlike (19 instances in 14 translations)
- Godlikewise (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Godliness (21 instances in 12 translations)
- Godspeed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Cursing The Ungodly
- Example Of Godly Men Who Failed
- Examples Of Ungodly Men
- Fate Of The Godly
- Fate Of The Ungodly
- Godly Ancestry
- Godly Fear, Description
- Godly Fear, Examples Of
- Godly Reverence
- Guidance, From Godly People