'Off' in the Bible
Then Job got up, and after parting his clothing and cutting off his hair, he went down on his face to the earth, and gave worship, and said,
And when they lifted up their eyes afar off, and knew him not, they lifted up their voice, and wept; and they rent every one his mantle, and sprinkled dust upon their heads toward heaven.
Even that it would please God to destroy me; that he would let loose his hand, and cut me off!
They wind about in the paths of their course, they go off into the waste and perish.
Yes, you would gamble for the fatherless, and auction off your friend.
Behold, God will not cast off a perfect man, neither will he take evil-doers by the hand.
He commands the sun not to shine and seals off the stars.
If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness, and comfort myself:
He doth turn aside from off me his rod, And His terror doth not make me afraid,
My soul hath been weary of my life, I leave off my talking to myself, I speak in the bitterness of my soul.
If he cuts off, or shuts up, or gathers together, then who can hinder him?
If iniquity is in thy hand, put it far off, And let not perverseness dwell in thy tents.
Thy hand put far off from me, And Thy terror let not terrify me.
Look away from off him that he may cease, Till he enjoy as an hireling his day.
Yea, thou castest off fear, and restrainest prayer before God.
He shall shake off his unripe grape as the vine, and shall cast off his flower as the olive.
My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart.
He is dragged from the security of his tent, and marched off to the king of terrors.
He has walled off my way and I shall not pass, and he has set darkness in my paths.
"He has stripped me of my honor; he has stolen the crown off my head!
My brethren from me He hath put far off, And mine acquaintances surely Have been estranged from me.
A flood will carry off his house, rushing waters on the day of God's wrath.
May they become like a straw, blown away before the wind; like a chaff that's swept off by a storm.
For what is his interest in his home after his death, when the number of his months has been broken off?
For you took collateral from your brothers without cause, stripping off their clothes and leaving them naked.
Who were carried off before the time, whose foundation was overflowed with a flood;
They push the needy off the road; the poor of the land are forced into hiding.
"But He drags off the valiant by His power; He rises, but no one has assurance of life.
For a short time they are lifted up; then they are gone; they are made low, they are pulled off like fruit, and like the heads of grain they are cut off.
For what is the hope of the profane, When He doth cut off? When God doth cast off his soul?
Terrors overwhelm him like a flood; at night a whirlwind carries him off.
"They would pluck off herbs from salt marshes to eat; and roots of the broom shrub for food.
Because God has loosened my bowstring and oppressed me, they have cast off restraint in my presence.
you carried me off in a wind storm, making me ride on it while you toss me about as the storm roars around me.
My skin blackens and flakes off, and my bones burn with fever.
then let my arm fall from its socket; and may my arm be torn off at the shoulder.
They were amazed, they answered no more: they left off speaking.
I am just like you before God; I was also pinched off from [a piece of] clay.
What profit is it to me, and how am I better off than if I had done wrong?
He does not take his eyes off the righteous; but with kings on the throne he seats the righteous and exalts them forever.
Do not desire the night, when he cuts people off in their place.
Every man may see it; man may behold it afar off.
to take hold of the earth's skirts so that the wicked might be shaken off from it?
Their young are strong; they grow up in the open field; then they go off and don't return to them."
He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off, the thunder of the captains, and the shouting.
From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (68)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (35)
- Numbers (27)
- Deuteronomy (33)
- Joshua (17)
- Judges (27)
- Ruth (6)
- 1 Samuel (40)
- 2 Samuel (34)
- 1 Kings (33)
- 2 Kings (45)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (34)
- Ezra (3)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (8)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (70)
- Proverbs (20)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Song of Songs (4)
- Isaiah (73)
- Jeremiah (122)
- Lamentations (12)
- Ezekiel (82)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (14)
- Joel (7)
- Amos (13)
- Obadiah (2)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (7)
- Nahum (6)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (4)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (6)
- Malachi (1)
- Off-scouring (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Off-times (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offal (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Offence (28 instances in 7 translations)
- Offenceless (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Offences (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Offend (34 instances in 11 translations)
- Offended (46 instances in 11 translations)
- Offender (16 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenders (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Offending (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offends (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Offense (60 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenses (28 instances in 8 translations)
- Offensive (29 instances in 6 translations)
- Offer (534 instances in 14 translations)
- Offered (392 instances in 14 translations)
- Offerer (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Offerest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offereth (29 instances in 4 translations)
- Offering (959 instances in 14 translations)
- Offering's (21 instances in 1 translation)
- Offerings (561 instances in 14 translations)
- Offeror (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Offers (47 instances in 10 translations)
- Offhand (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Office (80 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Officers (201 instances in 13 translations)
- Offices (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Official (92 instances in 8 translations)
- Official's (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Officially (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Officials (338 instances in 9 translations)
- Officiate (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Officiated (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Officiating (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offset (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Offsets (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Offshoot (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offshoots (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Offspring (285 instances in 14 translations)
- Offspring's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Animal Offspring
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Burnt offering
- Cutting Off Branches
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Death Of Office Holders
- Divine Assistance, Offered
- Fellowship Offering
- Food Offered To Idols
- Freewill Offering
- Grain Offering
- Guilt Offering
- Incense Offered Amiss
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offences Against The Holy Spirit
- Offering Sacrifices
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- People Stripping Off
- Permitted To Eat Offerings
- Praise, Should Be Offered By
- Prayer, Offered With
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Regulations For Cereal Offerings
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Remaining Offerings
- Sin Offering
- Spiritual Offspring
- Thank Offering
- Thanksgiving, Offered
- The Saints, Without Offence
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Wave Offerings
- Drink offering