'Tasted' in the Bible
The house of Israel named the substance manna. It resembled coriander seed, was white, and tasted like wafers made with honey.
The people walked around and gathered it. They ground it on a pair of grinding stones or crushed it in a mortar, then boiled it in a cooking pot and shaped it into cakes. It tasted like a pastry cooked with the finest oil.
But while the meat was still between their teeth, before it was tasted, the wrath of the Lord was moved against the people and he sent a great outburst of disease on them.
And the men of Israel were distressed that day: for Saul had adjured the people, saying, Cursed be the man that eateth any food until evening, that I may be avenged on mine enemies. So none of the people tasted any food.
When the men entered the wood, behold, the honey was dripping, but no man tasted it, for the men feared the oath.
Then said Jonathan, My father hath troubled the land: see, I pray you, how mine eyes have been enlightened, because I tasted a little of this honey.
Saul commanded him, “Tell me what you did.”Jonathan told him, “I tasted a little honey with the end of the staff I was carrying. I am ready to die!”
Are not words tested by the ear, even as food is tasted by the mouth?
Yet another person dies with a bitter soul,having never tasted prosperity.
For words are tested by the ear, as food is tasted by the mouth.
Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein.
They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
and having come up, and having broken bread, and having tasted, for a long time also having talked -- till daylight, so he went forth,
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Task (59 instances in 11 translations)
- Tasked (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Taskmaster (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Taskmaster's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Taskmasters (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Tasks (23 instances in 6 translations)
- Taskwork (14 instances in 1 translation)
- Tassel (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Tassels (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Taste (51 instances in 13 translations)
- Tasteful (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Tasteless (4 instances in 7 translations)
- Tastes (10 instances in 8 translations)
- Tasteth (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Tasting (16 instances in 6 translations)
- Tasty (8 instances in 4 translations)