'Free' in the Bible
Who will give you strength to the end, to be free from all sin in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Get rid of the old yeast so that you may be a new batch of dough, since you are to be free from yeast. For the Messiah, our Passover, has been sacrificed.
Therefore let us keep our festival not with old yeast nor with the yeast of what is evil and mischievous, but with bread free from yeast--the bread of transparent sincerity and of truth.
And such some of you were [once]. But you were washed clean (purified by a complete atonement for sin and made free from the guilt of sin), and you were consecrated (set apart, hallowed), and you were justified [pronounced righteous, by trusting] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the [Holy] Spirit of our God.
I am free to do all things; but not all things are wise. I am free to do all things; but I will not let myself come under the power of any.
Defraud not one another, except by consent for a time, that ye may be free for fasting and prayer, and again may come together, that the Adversary may not tempt you because of your incontinence;
Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.
For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
Art thou bound to a wife? seek not to be loosed; art thou free from a wife? do not seek a wife.
I want you to be free from concerns. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, that is, about how he can please the Lord.
But if a father stands firm in his resolve, being free from all external constraint and having a legal right to act as he pleases, and in his own mind has come to the decision to keep his daughter unmarried, he will do well.
A wife is bound as long as her husband is living. But if her husband dies, she is free to be married to anyone she wants-only in the Lord.
Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?
What then is my reward? To preach the gospel and offer it free of charge, and not make full use of my authority in the gospel.
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
To those who do not have the Law, I became like a man who does not have the Law in order to win those who do not have the Law. However, I am not free from God's Law, but I'm subject to the Messiah's law.
All things are legitimate [permissible -- "and we are free to do anything we please], but not all things are helpful (expedient, profitable, and wholesome). All things are legitimate, but not all things are constructive [to character] and edifying [to spiritual life].
Right and wrong, I say, not for you, but for the other man; for the fact that I am free is not dependent on another man's sense of right or wrong.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
It is the same with the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in a state of decay, it is raised free from decay;
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the [sound of the] last trumpet call. For a trumpet will sound, and the dead [in Christ] will be raised imperishable (free and immune from decay), and we shall be changed (transformed).
For this body which comes to destruction will be made free from the power of death, and the man who is under the power of death will put on eternal life.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (9)
- Exodus (14)
- Leviticus (30)
- Numbers (11)
- Deuteronomy (13)
- Joshua (5)
- Judges (3)
- 1 Samuel (5)
- 2 Samuel (7)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 2 Kings (10)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (9)
- Ezra (1)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Job (20)
- Psalm (50)
- Proverbs (14)
- Ecclesiastes (5)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (25)
- Jeremiah (26)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (14)
- Daniel (3)
- Hosea (1)
- Amos (1)
- Micah (3)
- Zechariah (3)
- Malachi (1)
- Matthew (21)
- Mark (8)
- Luke (26)
- John (10)
- Acts (16)
- Romans (22)
- 1 Corinthians (23)
- 2 Corinthians (9)
- Galatians (15)
- Ephesians (6)
- Philippians (3)
- Colossians (5)
- 1 Thessalonians (3)
- 2 Thessalonians (3)
- 1 Timothy (6)
- 2 Timothy (7)
- Titus (4)
- Hebrews (15)
- James (7)
- 1 Peter (6)
- 2 Peter (5)
- 1 John (2)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (10)
- Freckled (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Free-flowing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Free-hearted (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Free-will (42 instances in 13 translations)
- Free-will-offering (14 instances in 2 translations)
- Free-will-offerings (9 instances in 2 translations)
- Freed (51 instances in 13 translations)
- Freed-men (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Freed-men's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Freedman (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Freedom (69 instances in 13 translations)
- Freedperson (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Freeing (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Freely (137 instances in 14 translations)
- Freeman (9 instances in 7 translations)
- Freemen (17 instances in 1 translation)
- Frees (8 instances in 5 translations)
- Freeth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Freewoman (6 instances in 14 translations)
- Freewoman's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Freeze (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Freezes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Freezing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Freight (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Frenzy (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Frequent (10 instances in 13 translations)
- Frequented (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Frequently (32 instances in 7 translations)
- Fresh (82 instances in 13 translations)
- Fresh-cut (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fresher (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Freshly (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Freshly-picked (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Freshness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fret (10 instances in 11 translations)
- Fretful (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Frets (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fretted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fretteth (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Fretting (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Absolve (3 instances)
- Complimentary (3 instances)
- Costless (1 instance)
- Detached (1 instance)
- Discharge (34 instances)
- Dislodge (2 instances)
- Exempt (11 instances)
- Free (529 instances)
- Impure (45 instances)
- Independent (4 instances)
- Justify (22 instances)
- Liberal (12 instances)
- Liberate (4 instances)
- Loose (248 instances)
- Regular (105 instances)
- Abuse, Of Christian Freedom
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Christian Liberty
- Christian Liberty Is Freedom From
- Consider Your Call To Salvation
- Evil And Freedom
- Free Of Charge
- Freed From Fear
- Freedom From Violence
- Freedom from the Law
- Freedom, Abuse Of Christian
- Freedom, Acts Of In Ot
- Freedom, Of The Will
- Freedom, Through Jesus Christ
- Freewill Offering
- Fulfilling The Law