'Nations' in the Bible
I am fiercely angry with the nations that are at ease, for I was a little angry, but they made it worse.
I asked, "What are they coming to do?" He replied, "These are the horns that scattered Judah so no one could raise his head. These [craftsmen] have come to terrify them, to cut off the horns of the nations that raised [their] horns against the land of Judah to scatter it."
For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.
As you have been a curse among the nations, house of Judah and house of Israel, so I will save you, and you will be a blessing. Don't be afraid; let your hands be strong."
Thus says Yahweh of hosts: '[It will happen] again that nations and the inhabitants of many cities will come.
Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim and the horse from Jerusalem. The bow of war will be removed, and He will proclaim peace to the nations. His dominion will extend from sea to sea, from the Euphrates River to the ends of the earth.
Though I sow them among the nations, they will remember Me in the distant lands; they and their children will live and return.
"I am about to make Jerusalem a cup that brings dizziness to all the surrounding nations; indeed, Judah will also be included when Jerusalem is besieged.
On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who try to lift it will injure themselves severely when all the nations of the earth gather against her.
On that day"-the Lord's declaration-"I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness. I will keep a watchful eye on the house of Judah but strike all the horses of the nations with blindness.
On that day I will make the leaders of Judah like an igniter among sticks and a burning torch among sheaves, and they will burn up all the surrounding nations right and left. Then the people of Jerusalem will settle once more in their place, the city of Jerusalem.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
But this will be the nature of the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that have fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will decay while they stand on their feet, their eyes will rot away in their sockets, and their tongues will dissolve in their mouths.
Judah will also fight at Jerusalem, and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected: gold, silver, and clothing in great abundance.
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
But if any of the nations anywhere on earth refuse to go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord who rules over all, they will get no rain.
And if the people of Egypt will not go up and enter, then rain will not fall on them; this will be the plague the Lord inflicts on the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Booths.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (21)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (10)
- Numbers (5)
- Deuteronomy (50)
- Joshua (10)
- Judges (11)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (6)
- 1 Kings (10)
- 2 Kings (14)
- 1 Chronicles (11)
- 2 Chronicles (17)
- Ezra (6)
- Nehemiah (15)
- Job (4)
- Psalm (93)
- Proverbs (2)
- Isaiah (82)
- Jeremiah (76)
- Lamentations (9)
- Ezekiel (104)
- Daniel (12)
- Hosea (7)
- Joel (8)
- Amos (3)
- Obadiah (4)
- Micah (11)
- Nahum (2)
- Habakkuk (9)
- Zephaniah (6)
- Haggai (2)
- Zechariah (24)
- Malachi (3)
- Abomination (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Abominations (94 instances in 13 translations)
- Alienation (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Assassination (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Condemnation (34 instances in 13 translations)
- Consternation (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Contamination (19 instances in 3 translations)
- Contaminations (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Coronation (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Cross-examination (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Culmination (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Damnation (12 instances in 3 translations)
- Decontamination (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Destination (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Determination (10 instances in 9 translations)
- Determinations (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Discrimination (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Divination (38 instances in 12 translations)
- Divinations (9 instances in 9 translations)
- Domination (34 instances in 4 translations)
- Donation (11 instances in 2 translations)
- Donations (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Examination (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Explanation (41 instances in 9 translations)
- Explanations (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Extermination (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Illumination (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Imagination (24 instances in 12 translations)
- Imaginations (11 instances in 11 translations)
- Incarnation (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Inclination (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Inclinations (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Indignation (88 instances in 13 translations)
- Insubordination (1 instance in 1 translation)
- International (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Internationally (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Machinations (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Nation (329 instances in 14 translations)
- Nation's (9 instances in 4 translations)
- National (18 instances in 3 translations)
- Nationality (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Nationhood (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Nationwide (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Ordination (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Profanation (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Recriminations (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Resignation (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Ruination (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Termination (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Abominations, Ceremonial Matters
- Abominations, Idolatry Is
- Abominations, Judgments Of
- Abominations, Perverse Sexuality
- Abominations, Practices
- Abominations, Sin Is
- Abominations, To God
- All Nations
- Assassinations, Attempted
- Assassinations, Completed
- Dealing With The Nations
- Disorder Among The Nations
- Exchange Of Nations
- Foundations Of Nations
- Gathering Other Nations
- God Angry With The Nations
- God's Activity In The Nations
- Healing Of Nations
- History Of Nations
- Judgment Of The Nations
- Large Denominations
- Like The Nations
- Nations Attacking Israel