'Right' in the Bible
So the Lord said to Satan, "All right then, everything he has is in your power. Only do not extend your hand against the man himself!" So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
So the Lord said to Satan, "All right, he is in your power; only preserve his life."
Think [earnestly], I beg of you: who, being innocent, ever perished? Or where were those upright and in right standing with God cut off?
Can mortal man be just before God, or be more right than He is? Can a man be pure before his Maker, or be more cleansed than He is?
You'll go to your grave at a ripe old age; like a stack of grain that's harvested at just the right time.
Lo, this -- we searched it out -- it is right, hearken; And thou, know for thyself!
How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?
Does God pervert justice? Does the Almighty pervert what is right?
"Indeed, I'm fully aware that this is so, but how can a person become right with God?
If He passes by me, I wouldn't see Him; [if] He goes right by, I wouldn't recognize Him.
How much less may I give an answer to him, using the right words in argument with him?
Even if I were in the right, I could not answer. I could only beg my judge for mercy.
Even if I were in the right, my own mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, my mouth would declare me guilty.
I speak, and do not fear Him, But I am not right with myself.
'Is it right for You indeed to oppress, To reject the labor of Your hands, And to look favorably on the schemes of the wicked?
I should have been as though I had never existed; I should have been carried right from the womb to the grave!
Are all these words to go unanswered? and is a man seen to be right because he is full of talk?
"If you would direct your heart right And spread out your hand to Him,
But you put a false face on things; all your attempts to put things right are of no value.
Will you say in God's name what is not right, and put false words into his mouth?
He will certainly put you right, if you have respect for persons in secret.
Now then, I have prepared [my] case; I know that I am right.
"What is mankind, that he can be blameless? Or does being born of a woman mean he'll be in the right?
And he has made his resting-place in the towns which have been pulled down, in houses where no man had a right to be, whose fate was to become masses of broken walls.
That he would maintain the right of a man with God, And of a son of man with his neighbor!
Yet shall the righteous (those upright and in right standing with God) hold to their ways, and he who has clean hands shall grow stronger and stronger.
"For he has stumbled into a net with his own feet; he walked right into the network!
Is it any pleasure or advantage to the Almighty that you are righteous (upright and in right standing with Him)? Or is it gain to Him that you make your ways perfect?
Put yourself now in a right relation with him and be at peace: so will you do well in your undertakings.
There the righteous [one who is upright and in right standing with God] could reason with Him; so I should be acquitted by my Judge forever.
On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
How can a human being become right with God? How can a human being be pure?
As God liveth, who hath taken away my right, and the Almighty, who hath embittered my soul,
I will never affirm that you are right. I will maintain my integrity until I die.
My uprightness and my right standing with God I hold fast and will not let them go; my heart does not reproach me for any of my days and it shall not reproach me as long as I live.
I put on righteousness as my clothing, and was full of it; right decisions were to me a robe and a head-dress.
Upon my right hand rise the youth; they push away my feet, and they raise up against me the ways of their destruction.
"If I have disregarded the right of my male servants or my female servants when they disputed with me,
For if my land has cried out against me and its furrows have complained together with tears [that I have no right to them],
So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was [rigidly] righteous (upright and in right standing with God) in his own eyes. [But there was a fifth man there also.]
And Elihu, the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, was angry, burning with wrath against Job, because he seemed to himself more right than God;
I said to myself, It is right for the old to say what is in their minds, and for those who are far on in years to give out wisdom.
It is not the aged who are wise, nor old men who understand what is right.
"Look! I have waited to hear your speech, so I listened to your insights while you searched for the right words to say.
"You aren't right about this; My response is that God is greater than human beings.
If there is an angel on his side, one mediator out of a thousand, to tell a person what is right for him
He prays to God, and He is favorable to him, so that he sees His face with joy; for [God] restores to him his righteousness (his uprightness and right standing with God -- "with its joys).
He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not;
Let us judge for ourselves what is right; let us decide together what is good.
For Job hath said, 'I have been righteous, And God hath turned aside my right,
Should I lie against my right? my wound is incurable without transgression.
Shall even he that hateth right govern? and wilt thou condemn him that is most just?
For he will not lay upon man more than right; that he should enter into judgment with God.
Because that against right They have turned aside from after Him, And none of His ways have considered wisely,
Thinkest thou this to be right, that thou saidst, My righteousness is more than God's?
He preserveth not the life of the wicked: but giveth right to the poor.
He withdraws not His eyes from the righteous (the upright in right standing with God); but He sets them forever with kings upon the throne, and they are exalted.
Touching the Almighty, we cannot find Him out; He is excellent in power; and to justice and plenteous righteousness He does no violence [He will disregard no right].
Do you make Mazzaroth come out in its right time, or are the Bear and its children guided by you?
Would you indeed annul my justice? Would you declare me guilty so that you might be right?
stared down and subdued every proud person, trampled the wicked right where they are,
Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.
And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (51)
- Exodus (29)
- Leviticus (29)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (38)
- Joshua (23)
- Judges (40)
- Ruth (11)
- 1 Samuel (39)
- 2 Samuel (50)
- 1 Kings (52)
- 2 Kings (48)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (42)
- Ezra (8)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (6)
- Job (64)
- Psalm (137)
- Proverbs (77)
- Ecclesiastes (15)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (80)
- Jeremiah (57)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (71)
- Daniel (11)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (2)
- Amos (9)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (8)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (4)
- Matthew (57)
- Mark (39)
- Luke (55)
- John (28)
- Acts (40)
- Romans (50)
- 1 Corinthians (46)
- 2 Corinthians (17)
- Galatians (17)
- Ephesians (12)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (6)
- 1 Timothy (20)
- 2 Timothy (7)
- Titus (13)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (10)
- 1 Peter (14)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (6)
- 3 John (4)
- Revelation (25)
- Affright (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Affrighted (39 instances in 5 translations)
- Affrighteth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Alright (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Birthright (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Bright (116 instances in 14 translations)
- Brighten (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightened (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightening (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Brightens (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Brighter (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Brightest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Brightly (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Brightness (48 instances in 13 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Fright (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Frighten (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Frightened (81 instances in 11 translations)
- Frighteneth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Frightening (11 instances in 6 translations)
- Frightens (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Frightful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Makeupright (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Outright (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Over-righteous (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-hand (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Right-handed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Righted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Righteous (474 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteously (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteousness (471 instances in 14 translations)
- Righteousnesses (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Rightful (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightfully (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightly (54 instances in 14 translations)
- Rightness (31 instances in 1 translation)
- Rights (118 instances in 11 translations)
- Shipwrights (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unrighteous (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteously (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Unrighteousness (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteousnesses (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Upright (444 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Uprightly (40 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightness (98 instances in 13 translations)
- Uprights (20 instances in 3 translations)
- A Righteous People
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Animal Rights
- Blessings For The Right Hand
- Christ Our Righteousness
- Christ's Right Hand
- Civic Righteousness
- Clothed With Righteousness
- Death Of The Righteous
- Delighting, Right Kinds Of
- Distinctives Of Righteousness
- Doing Right
- Evil For The Right Hand
- Fruits Of Righteousness
- God Does Right For People
- God Doing Right
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God, Righteousness Of
- Hating The Righteous
- Hope For The Righteous
- Imputed Righteousness
- Is God Unjust?
- Judging Rightly
- Knowing Right And Wrong
- Learning The Right Way
- Numbers Of Righteous People
- Other Right Parts
- Paths Of Righteousness
- People In Righteousness
- People Who Did Right
- Plea Of Innocence
- Right Desires
- Right Hand Of God
- Right Living As Food
- Right Measures
- Right Sacrifices
- Right Sides
- Right Time For God
- Right Time For People
- Right Time For The Devil
- Right Use Of Wealth
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteous By Obedience
- Righteous, The
- Righteousness Of Christ
- Righteousness imputed
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Self Righteousness, And The Gospel
- Self Righteousness, Nature Of
- Smiting Of The Righteous
- The Lips Of The Righteous
- The Recompense Of The Righteous
- The Right Time
- The Righteous Perishing
- The Righteous Prosper
- Thinking Aright
- Those Frightened Of God
- Thoughts Of The Righteous
- Turning To Right And Left
- White And Bright Clothes