'Man of God' in the Bible
Then the king sent unto him a captain of fifty with his fifty. And he went up to him: and, behold, he sat on the top of an hill. And he spake unto him, Thou man of God, the king hath said, Come down.
And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
Again also he sent unto him another captain of fifty with his fifty. And he answered and said unto him, O man of God, thus hath the king said, Come down quickly.
And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
And he sent again a captain of the third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and besought him, and said unto him, O man of God, I pray thee, let my life, and the life of these fifty thy servants, be precious in thy sight.
Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.
And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.
And she went up, and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door upon him, and went out.
And she called unto her husband, and said, Send me, I pray thee, one of the young men, and one of the asses, that I may run to the man of God, and come again.
So she went and came unto the man of God to mount Carmel. And it came to pass, when the man of God saw her afar off, that he said to Gehazi his servant, Behold, yonder is that Shunammite:
When the man of God noticed her from a distance, he told his attendant Gehazi, "Look! There's the woman from Shunem! Please run out quickly and greet her. Ask her, "Are things going well with you? Are things going well with your husband? Are things going well with your child?'" She answered Gehazi, "Things are going well."
And when she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught him by the feet: but Gehazi came near to thrust her away. And the man of God said, Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the LORD hath hid it from me, and hath not told me.
So they poured out for the men to eat. And it came to pass, as they were eating of the pottage, that they cried out, and said, O thou man of God, there is death in the pot. And they could not eat thereof.
And there came a man from Baalshalisha, and brought the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of corn in the husk thereof. And he said, Give unto the people, that they may eat.
And it was so, when Elisha the man of God had heard that the king of Israel had rent his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, Wherefore hast thou rent thy clothes? let him come now to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel.
Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.
And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel: now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.
But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought: but, as the LORD liveth, I will run after him, and take somewhat of him.
And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim.
And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.
And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.
And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
And the king appointed the lord on whose hand he leaned to have the charge of the gate: and the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died, as the man of God had said, who spake when the king came down to him.
And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:
And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
And the woman arose, and did after the saying of the man of God: and she went with her household, and sojourned in the land of the Philistines seven years.
And the king talked with Gehazi the servant of the man of God, saying, Tell me, I pray thee, all the great things that Elisha hath done.
And Elisha came to Damascus; and Benhadad the king of Syria was sick; and it was told him, saying, The man of God is come hither.
And the king said unto Hazael, Take a present in thine hand, and go, meet the man of God, and inquire of the LORD by him, saying, Shall I recover of this disease?
So Hazael went out to meet with him and took a gift with him 40 camel loads filled with samples of everything good in Damascus. He approached the man of God and said, "Your son King Ben-hadad from Aram has sent me to you to ask you, "Will I recover from this sickness?'"
And he settled his countenance stedfastly, until he was ashamed: and the man of God wept.
And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.
And as Josiah turned himself, he spied the sepulchres that were there in the mount, and sent, and took the bones out of the sepulchres, and burned them upon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the LORD which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words.
Then he said, What title is that that I see? And the men of the city told him, It is the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Judah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As One Man (31 instances in 26 translations)
- Behold the Man (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Blameless and Upright Man (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Blessed is the Man (25 instances in 31 translations)
- Certain Man (72 instances in 38 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Contentious Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Dishonored the Poor Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Double-Minded Man (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Every Man To His Inheritance (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Faithful Man (10 instances in 21 translations)
- First Man (12 instances in 39 translations)
- Foolish Man (58 instances in 37 translations)
- From One Man (4 instances in 17 translations)
- God Formed Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- God is Greater Than Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- God is Not a Man (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Good Man (64 instances in 39 translations)
- Happy is the Man (26 instances in 21 translations)
- Head of Every Man (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Heavenly Man (2 instances in 4 translations)
- If A Man Dies (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Inward Man (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Lazy Man (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Like a Drunken Man (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Man After His Own Heart (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Man After My Own Heart (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Man and Beast (36 instances in 20 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Man From Heaven (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Man Full of Faith (1 instance in 39 translations)
- Man is Born to Trouble (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Man is Like a Breath (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Man Is Like To Vanity (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man Of Discretion (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man Of Heaven (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Man Of Integrity (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Man of Sorrows (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Man of Unclean Lips (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Man of Understanding (21 instances in 20 translations)
- Man of War (33 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Sent From God (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (3 instances in 18 translations)
- Mighty Man of Valor (7 instances in 11 translations)
- New Man (6 instances in 35 translations)
- No Man Hath Seen God (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Old Man (69 instances in 38 translations)
- Outward Man (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Perfect Man (13 instances in 26 translations)
- Prayer of a Righteous Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Prudent Man (12 instances in 24 translations)
- Rebuke A Wise Man (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Reprove A Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Reprove a Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Righteous Man (129 instances in 37 translations)
- Second Man (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Slothful Man (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Son of Man (232 instances in 40 translations)
- Spirit of Man (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Strive with Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Tongue Can No Man Tame (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Way that Seems Right to a Man (2 instances in 5 translations)
- What is Man (9 instances in 38 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Whatever a Man Sows (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Whatsoever A Man Soweth (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Whole Duty of Man (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Will a Man Rob God (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Will of Man (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Wise Man (78 instances in 37 translations)
- Wretched Man that I Am (1 instance in 21 translations)
- A Mans Character
- A Mans Reputation
- Anger Management
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Being A Man Of God
- Being Seen By Man
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brotherhood Of Man
- Creation Of All Mankind
- Dealing With Many People
- Depravity Of Man
- Divine Manifestations
- Drawbacks To Man's Power
- Dung and manure
- Duty Of Man To God
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Fear Of Man
- God In Relation To Man
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Keeping Man's Word
- Killing Many People
- Love, Of Fellow Man
- Man A Mere Breath
- Man Appointing
- Man As Grass
- Man Avenging
- Man Defending
- Man Differentiating
- Man Going Down
- Man Keeping Watch
- Man Of God
- Man Of Sin
- Man Providing Water
- Man Trapping
- Man Vindicates
- Man's Action Tomorrow
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Man's Conduct Towards God
- Man's Counsel
- Man's Dominion
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Man's Favourite
- Man's Function
- Man's Needs
- Man's Purposes
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Man's Teaching
- Man's Thoughts
- Man's Ways
- Man's Wisdom
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Man's Work Finished
- Man, Creation Of
- Man, Insignificance Of
- Man, Trichotomy View Of
- Manifesting (making Something Clear)
- Many Combatants
- Many Creatures
- Many Deceivers And Deceived
- Many Enemies
- Many In Israel
- Many In The Church
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Praise, Manner And Methods Of
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Reconciliation, Between God And Man
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Reuben Gad And Half Manasseh
- Son Of Man
- The Frailty Of Man
- The Glory Of Man
- The Inner Man
- The New Man In Christ
- The Spirit Of Man
- Things Manifest
- Time Management
- Too Many Words
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- What Manner?
- What Value Is Man?
- Wise Man Or Fool
- God's Things Concealed
- 70 more topics on Man
- 962 more topics on God