'Guarding' in the Bible
and listen to what they are saying. Then you will be brave and attack the camp." So he went down with Purah his servant to where the sentries were guarding the camp.
Then Jehu son of Jehoshaphat son of Nimshi conspired against Joram.Now Joram had been in Ramoth Gilead with the whole Israelite army, guarding against an invasion by King Hazael of Syria.
Another third of you will be stationed at the Foundation Gate. Still another third of you will be stationed at the gate behind the royal guard. You will take turns guarding the palace.
guarding the king and surrounding him with weapons in hand. Whoever comes within range is to be killed. Stay with the king wherever he goes, coming or going."
When Athaliah heard all of the commotion coming from those who were guarding the people, she approached the people who were in the LORD's Temple.
And the gatekeepers: Akkub, Talmon and their colleagues who were guarding the gates -- 172.
Mattaniah, Bakbukiah, Obadiah, Meshullam, Talmon, and Akkub were gatekeepers who were guarding the storerooms at the gates.
Look, God is my helper; the Lord is with those who are guarding my life.
How can a young man keep his behavior pure? By guarding it in accordance with your word.
Look! The one who is guarding Israel never sleeps and does not take naps.
guarding the paths of the just and protecting the way of his faithful ones.
"All of them are wielders of the sword, Expert in war; Each man has his sword at his side, Guarding against the terrors of the night.
The watchmen making their rounds through the city found me. They beat me, they bruised me. Those guarding the walls took my cloak from me.
They have surrounded her like those guarding a field because they have rebelled against me,'" declares the LORD.
The gates or dams of the rivers [surrounding and guarding Nineveh] are opened and the [imperial] palace [of sun-dried brick] is dissolved [by the torrents] and is in dismay.
Then they sat down and were guarding Him there.
When the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they were terrified and said, "This man really was God's Son!"
And there were shepherds in the same region, living out of doors and keeping watch, guarding over their flock by night.
"Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property;
And the men who were guarding him began to mock him [while] they beat [him],
But [the knowledge of] their plot was made known to Saul. They were guarding the [city's] gates day and night to kill him,
The very night before Herod was about to bring him forth, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, fastened with two chains, and sentries before the door were guarding the prison.
Even when the blood of your witness Stephen was being shed, I was standing there, approving it and guarding the coats of those who were killing him.'
When we came into Rome, Paul was allowed to live by himself with the soldier who was guarding him.
In Damascus the ethnarch under Aretas the king was guarding the city of the Damascenes in order to seize me,
I went because it was specially and divinely revealed to me that I should go, and I put before them the Gospel [declaring to them that] which I preach among the Gentiles. However, [I presented the matter] privately before those of repute, [for I wanted to make certain, by thus at first confining my communication to this private conference] that I was not running or had not run in vain [guarding against being discredited either in what I was planning to do or had already done].
Obey your spiritual leaders and submit to them [continually recognizing their authority over you], for they are constantly keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare, as men who will have to render an account [of their trust]. [Do your part to] let them do this with gladness and not with sighing and groaning, for that would not be profitable to you [either].
whom God in His power is guarding through faith for a salvation that even now stands ready for unveiling at the End of the Age.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Body-guard (39 instances in 8 translations)
- Body-guards (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Guard (269 instances in 13 translations)
- Guard's (15 instances in 5 translations)
- Guard-chamber (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Guarded (40 instances in 12 translations)
- Guardeth (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Guardhouse (12 instances in 4 translations)
- Guardhouses (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Guardian (22 instances in 7 translations)
- Guardians (18 instances in 10 translations)
- Guardianship (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Guardroom (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Guardrooms (9 instances in 2 translations)
- Guards (116 instances in 12 translations)
- Guardsman (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Guardsmen (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Life-guard (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Life-guard's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Rear-guard (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Safeguard (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Safeguarded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Safeguards (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Unguarded (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Vanguard (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Well-guarded (1 instance in 1 translation)