'Off' in the Bible
Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called the mount of Olives, which is near Jerusalem, a sabbath-day's journey off.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Now in the present case let me say to you, stand off (withdraw) from these men and let them alone. For if this doctrine or purpose or undertaking or movement is of human origin, it will fail (be overthrown and come to nothing);
They stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; so they came up, dragged him off, and took him to the Sanhedrin.
Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.
dragged him out of the city, and stoned him, the witnesses throwing off their outer garments and giving them into the care of a young man called Saul.
Saul, however, was ravaging the church, and he would enter house after house, drag off men and women, and put them in prison.
When Saul got up off the ground, he couldn't see anything, even though his eyes were open. So his companions took him by the hand and led him into Damascus.
and his hearers were all amazed, and began to ask one another, "Is not this the man who in Jerusalem tried to exterminate those who called upon that Name, and came here on purpose to carry them off in chains to the High Priests?"
When the brothers found out, they took him down to Caesarea and sent him off to Tarsus.
The news about them reached the ears of the church at Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas off to Antioch.
And they determined, according as any one of the disciples was well off, each of them to send to the brethren who dwelt in Judaea, to minister to them;
And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.
And they said to her, You are off your head. But still she said, with decision, that it was so. And they said, It is his angel.
Then, after they had fasted, prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them off.
Then, throwing off all reserve, Paul and Barnabas said, "We were bound to proclaim God's Message to you first. But since you spurn it and judge yourselves to be unworthy of the Life of the Ages--well, we turn to the Gentiles.
But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.
Then, being sent off, they went down to Antioch, and after gathering the assembly, they delivered the letter.
After they had spent some time there, they were sent off in peace by the brothers to those who had sent them.
There was such a sharp disagreement that they parted company, and Barnabas took Mark with him and sailed off to Cyprus.
But when her owners saw that their hopes of gain were gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them off to the magistrates in the public square.
And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
And suddenly there was an earth-shock, so that the base of the prison was moved: and all the doors came open, and everyone's chains came off.
As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas off to Beroea. On arrival, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.
At once the brethren sent Paul off on his way to the sea, but Silas and Timothy remained behind.
And the whole city was filled with confusion, and they rushed with one accord to the theatre, having seized and carried off with them Gaius and Aristarchus, Macedonians, fellow-travellers of Paul.
A young man named Eutychus, who was sitting in a window, began to sink off into a deep sleep as Paul kept speaking longer and longer. Overcome by sleep, he fell down from the third floor and was picked up dead.
And we, having gone before on board ship, sailed off to Assos, going to take in Paul there; for so he had directed, he himself being about to go on foot.
Sailing from there, the next day we arrived off Chios. The following day we crossed over to Samos, and the day after, we came to Miletus.
When, however, our time was up, we left and went on our way, all the disciples and their wives and children coming to see us off. Then, after kneeling down on the beach and praying,
who, at once, having taken soldiers and centurions, ran down upon them, and they having seen the chief captain and the soldiers, did leave off beating Paul.
as also the high priest and all the Council of the elders can testify From them I also received letters to the brethren, and started off for Damascus in order to bring even those who were there to Jerusalem as prisoners to be punished.
And now why delay? Rise, get yourself baptized, and wash off your sins, calling upon His name.'
and he said unto me, Go, because to nations far off I will send thee.'
They listened to him up to this word. Then they raised their voices, shouting, "Wipe this person off the earth-it's a disgrace for him to live!"
And as they cried out, and cast off their clothes, and threw dust into the air,
But Felix, having a more exact knowledge about the Way, put them off, saying, "When Lysias the commander comes down, I will decide your case."
If then I am a wrongdoer and a criminal and have committed anything for which I deserve to die, I do not beg off and seek to escape death; but if there is no ground for their accusations against me, no one can give me up and make a present of me [ give me up freely] to them. I appeal to Caesar.
When therefore they had come together here, without putting it off, I sat the next day on the judgment-seat and commanded the man to be brought:
And when he made his answer in these words, Festus said in a loud voice, Paul, you are off your head; your great learning has made you unbalanced.
Then Paul said, I am not off my head, most noble Festus, but my words are true and wise.
After sailing through the open sea off Cilicia and Pamphylia, we reached Myra in Lycia.
Sailing slowly for many days, we came with difficulty as far as Cnidus. But since the wind did not allow us to approach it, we sailed along the south side of Crete off Salmone.
After hoisting it on board, they used supports with ropes to undergird and brace the ship; then afraid that they would be driven into the Syrtis [quicksands off the north coast of Africa], they lowered the gear (sails and ropes) and so were driven along.
and the third day with our own hands we cast off the dead works of the ship.
Then fearing that we might fall off [our course] onto rocks, they dropped four anchors from the stern and kept wishing for daybreak to come.
Then the soldiers cut off the ropes of the boat, and let her fall off.
After casting off the anchors, they left them in the sea, at the same time loosening the ropes that held the rudders. Then they hoisted the foresail to the wind and headed for the beach.
The soldiers' plan was to kill the prisoners so that no one could swim off and escape.
But the captain, desiring to keep Paul safe, kept them from their purpose, and gave orders that those who had knowledge of swimming were to go off the ship and get first to land:
And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (68)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (35)
- Numbers (27)
- Deuteronomy (33)
- Joshua (17)
- Judges (27)
- Ruth (6)
- 1 Samuel (40)
- 2 Samuel (34)
- 1 Kings (33)
- 2 Kings (45)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (34)
- Ezra (3)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (8)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (70)
- Proverbs (20)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Song of Songs (4)
- Isaiah (73)
- Jeremiah (122)
- Lamentations (12)
- Ezekiel (82)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (14)
- Joel (7)
- Amos (13)
- Obadiah (2)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (7)
- Nahum (6)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (4)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (6)
- Malachi (1)
- Off-scouring (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Off-times (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offal (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Offence (28 instances in 7 translations)
- Offenceless (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Offences (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Offend (34 instances in 11 translations)
- Offended (46 instances in 11 translations)
- Offender (16 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenders (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Offending (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offends (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Offense (60 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenses (28 instances in 8 translations)
- Offensive (29 instances in 6 translations)
- Offer (534 instances in 14 translations)
- Offered (392 instances in 14 translations)
- Offerer (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Offerest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offereth (29 instances in 4 translations)
- Offering (959 instances in 14 translations)
- Offering's (21 instances in 1 translation)
- Offerings (561 instances in 14 translations)
- Offeror (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Offers (47 instances in 10 translations)
- Offhand (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Office (80 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Officers (201 instances in 13 translations)
- Offices (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Official (92 instances in 8 translations)
- Official's (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Officially (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Officials (338 instances in 9 translations)
- Officiate (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Officiated (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Officiating (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offset (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Offsets (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Offshoot (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offshoots (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Offspring (285 instances in 14 translations)
- Offspring's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Animal Offspring
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Burnt offering
- Cutting Off Branches
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Death Of Office Holders
- Divine Assistance, Offered
- Fellowship Offering
- Food Offered To Idols
- Freewill Offering
- Grain Offering
- Guilt Offering
- Incense Offered Amiss
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offences Against The Holy Spirit
- Offering Sacrifices
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- People Stripping Off
- Permitted To Eat Offerings
- Praise, Should Be Offered By
- Prayer, Offered With
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Regulations For Cereal Offerings
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Remaining Offerings
- Sin Offering
- Spiritual Offspring
- Thank Offering
- Thanksgiving, Offered
- The Saints, Without Offence
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Wave Offerings
- Drink offering