'Presence' in the Bible
While she was praying in the Lord's presence, Eli watched her lips.
"No, sir!" Hannah replied. "I'm a deeply troubled woman. I've drunk neither wine nor beer. I've been pouring out my soul in the LORD's presence.
They got up early the next morning and worshipped in the LORD's presence, and then they returned and came to their house at Ramah. Elkanah had marital relations with his wife Hannah, and the LORD remembered her.
Hannah did not go and explained to her husband, "After the child is weaned, I'll take him to appear in the Lord's presence and to stay there permanently."
Elkanah went home to Ramah, but the boy served the Lord in the presence of Eli the priest.
So the servants' sin was very severe in the presence of the Lord, because they treated the Lord's offering with contempt.
The boy Samuel served in the Lord's presence and wore a linen ephod.
The Lord paid attention to Hannah's [need], and she conceived and gave birth to three sons and two daughters. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord.
I selected your house from the tribes of Israel to be priests, to offer sacrifices on My altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod in My presence. I also gave your house all the Israelite fire offerings.
The boy Samuel served the Lord in Eli's presence. In those days the word of the Lord was rare and prophetic visions were not widespread.
The men of Beth-shemesh asked, "Who is able to stand in the presence of this holy Lord God? Who should the ark go to from here?"
When they gathered at Mizpah, they drew water and poured it out in the Lord's presence. They fasted that day, and there they confessed, "We have sinned against the Lord." And Samuel [began to lead] the Israelites at Mizpah as [their] judge.
And the Philistines hear that the sons of Israel have gathered themselves to Mizpeh; and the princes of the Philistines go up against Israel, and the sons of Israel hear, and are afraid of the presence of the Philistines.
But today you have rejected your God who delivers you from all your troubles and difficulties. You have said, "No! Instead, appoint a king over us.' Now present yourselves in the LORD's presence by your tribes and families."
Samuel proclaimed to the people the rights of kingship. He wrote them on a scroll, which he placed in the presence of the Lord. Then, Samuel sent all the people away, each to his home.
So all the people went to Gilgal, and there in the Lord's presence they made Saul king. There they sacrificed fellowship offerings in the Lord's presence, and Saul and all the men of Israel greatly rejoiced.
Here I am. Testify against me in the LORD's presence and before his anointed. Whose ox have I taken, or whose donkey have I taken? Who have I cheated? Who have I oppressed? Who bribed me to look the other way? I'll restore it to you."
Samuel said, "Just as your sword has made women childless, so your mother will be childless among women." Then Samuel cut Agag into pieces in the LORD's presence in Gilgal.
So Samuel took the horn of oil, anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and the Spirit of the Lord took control of David from that day forward. Then Samuel set out and went to Ramah.
Let our lord command your servants here in your presence to look for someone who knows how to play the harp. Whenever the evil spirit from God [troubles] you, that person can play the harp, and you will feel better."
And one of the young men answered and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, who is skilled in playing, and he is a valiant man and a man of war, and skilled in speech, and of good presence, and Jehovah is with him.
and all the men of Israel when they see the man flee from his presence, and are greatly afraid.
And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice.
And Saul is afraid of the presence of David, for Jehovah hath been with him, and from Saul He hath turned aside;
Saul removed David from his presence and made him an officer over a division of soldiers. So David led the troops in battle.
and Saul addeth to be afraid of the presence of David yet; and Saul is an enemy with David all the days.
And Jonathan called David, and Jonathan shewed him all those things. And Jonathan brought David to Saul, and he was in his presence, as in times past.
And Saul sought to smite David even to the wall with the javelin; but he slipped away out of Saul's presence, and he smote the javelin into the wall: and David fled, and escaped that night.
So the priest gave him the consecrated [bread], for there was no bread there except the bread of the Presence that had been removed from before the Lord. When the bread was removed, it had been replaced with warm bread.
Now, Doeg the Edomite, one of Saul's officials, was there that day, detained in the LORD's presence. He was the chief of Saul's shepherds.
David fled that day from Saul's presence and went to King Achish of Gath.
so he pretended to be insane in their presence. He acted like a madman around them,scribbling on the doors of the gate and letting saliva run down his beard.
Have I need of mad men, that ye have brought this fellow to play the mad man in my presence? shall this fellow come into my house?
Then the two of them made a covenant in the Lord's presence. Afterwards, David remained in Horesh, while Jonathan went home.
And Saul went on this side of the mountain, and David and his men on that side of the mountain; and David made haste to get away from the presence of Saul, for Saul and his men compassed David and his men round about to take them.
But Nabal answered David's servants and said, "Who [is] David? And who [is] the son of Jesse? Today, [there] are many servants breaking away from the presence of their masters.
Kneeling at his feet she said, Upon me alone let this guilt be, my lord. And let your handmaid, I pray you, speak in your presence, and hear the words of your handmaid.
So David took the spear and the jug of water by Saul's head, and they got out of there. No one saw them or was aware of their presence or woke up. All of them were asleep, for the Lord had caused a deep sleep to fall on them.
Now, may my lord the king please hear the words of his servant: If it is the Lord who has incited you against me, then may He accept an offering. But if it is people, may they be cursed in the presence of the Lord, for today they have driven me away from sharing in the inheritance of the Lord saying, 'Go and worship other gods.'
So don't let my blood fall to the ground far from the Lord's presence, for the king of Israel has come out to search for a flea, like one who pursues a partridge in the mountains."
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (38)
- Exodus (58)
- Leviticus (65)
- Numbers (60)
- Deuteronomy (72)
- Joshua (31)
- Judges (23)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (41)
- 2 Samuel (41)
- 1 Kings (48)
- 2 Kings (36)
- 1 Chronicles (40)
- 2 Chronicles (46)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (9)
- Esther (18)
- Job (18)
- Psalm (76)
- Proverbs (14)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (37)
- Jeremiah (40)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (21)
- Daniel (13)
- Hosea (1)
- Joel (4)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (4)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (3)
- Matthew (13)
- Mark (2)
- Luke (18)
- John (13)
- Acts (18)
- Romans (5)
- 1 Corinthians (7)
- 2 Corinthians (13)
- Galatians (2)
- Ephesians (5)
- Philippians (3)
- Colossians (2)
- 1 Thessalonians (8)
- 2 Thessalonians (4)
- 1 Timothy (4)
- 2 Timothy (3)
- Hebrews (6)
- James (3)
- 2 Peter (5)
- 1 John (4)
- 3 John (1)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (19)
- Presbytery (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Prescribe (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Prescribed (68 instances in 12 translations)
- Prescribedst (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Prescribes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Prescribing (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Prescription (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Present (734 instances in 14 translations)
- Present-day (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presentability (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presentable (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Presentation (33 instances in 5 translations)
- Presented (203 instances in 13 translations)
- Presenter (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Presenteth (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Presenting (52 instances in 12 translations)
- Presently (29 instances in 9 translations)
- Presents (95 instances in 13 translations)
- Preservation (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Preserve (85 instances in 13 translations)
- Preserved (44 instances in 13 translations)
- Preserver (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Preserves (21 instances in 9 translations)
- Preservest (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Preserveth (15 instances in 4 translations)
- Preserving (14 instances in 7 translations)
- Preside (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Presided (6 instances in 2 translations)
- President (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Presidents (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Presides (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Presiding (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Press (50 instances in 13 translations)
- Press-measures (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pressed (64 instances in 13 translations)
- Presses (11 instances in 13 translations)
- Presseth (11 instances in 4 translations)
- Pressfat (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Pressing (24 instances in 11 translations)
- Pressure (19 instances in 11 translations)
- Pressured (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Pressures (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Pressuring (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Prestige (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Prestigious (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Presume (12 instances in 12 translations)
- Presumed (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Presumes (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Presumeth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presuming (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Presumption (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Presumptious (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presumptuous (16 instances in 11 translations)
- Presumptuously (12 instances in 11 translations)
- Presumptuousness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Admission Into God's Presence
- An Overpowering Presence
- Clouds, God's Presence
- Death Due To God's Presence
- Driven From God's Presence
- Exclusion From God's Presence
- God's Omnipresence
- God, Presence Of
- In Men's Presence
- Leaving God's Presence