'Pressed' in the Bible
And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
"I'll send you a young goat from the flock," he responded. But she pressed him, asking, "What security will you put up until you've sent it?"
And Pharaoh's cup was in my hand: and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand.
The taskmasters pressed them, saying, “Complete your work quota, your daily amount, just as when you had straw.”
"You are to command the Israelites that they bring to you pure oil of pressed olives for the light, so that the lamps will burn regularly.
With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with a fourth of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a fourth of a hin of wine as a drink offering.
And the priest shall bring it near to the altar and pinch off its head and burn it on the altar; and its blood shall be pressed out at the side of the altar.
The donkey saw the Angel of the Lord and pressed herself against the wall, squeezing Balaam’s foot against it. So he hit her once again.
with one-tenth of an ephah of finely ground flour as a grain offering mixed with one quarter of a hin of pressed olive oil.
The Amorites pressed the Danites back into the hill country, for they did not allow them to come down to the plain;
The hand of the sons of Israel pressed heavier and heavier upon Jabin the king of Canaan, until they had destroyed Jabin the king of Canaan.
And it was so; for he rose up early on the morrow, and pressed the fleece together, and wrung the dew out of the fleece, a bowlful of water.
She wept before him the seven days that their feast lasted; and on the seventh day he told her, because she pressed him hard. Then she told the riddle to her countrymen.
And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;
The men of Israel realized they had a problem because their army was hard pressed. So the army hid in caves, thickets, cliffs, strongholds, and cisterns.
The men of Israel were hard pressed on that day, and Saul required the army to take an oath: "Cursed is the person who eats food before evening and before I've been avenged of my enemies." So no one tasted food.
Abigail hurried, taking 200 loaves of bread, two skins of wine, five butchered sheep, a bushel of roasted grain, 100 clusters of raisins, and 200 cakes of pressed figs, and loaded them on donkeys.
Then they gave him some pressed figs and two clusters of raisins. After he ate he revived, for he hadn’t eaten food or drunk water for three days and three nights.
The messenger said to David, “The men prevailed against us and came out against us in the field, but we pressed them as far as the entrance of the gate.
And the king said to Absalom, Nay, my son, let us not all now go, lest we be chargeable unto thee. And he pressed him: howbeit he would not go, but blessed him.
But Absalom pressed him, that he let Amnon and all the king's sons go with him.
and a thousand men [from the tribe] of Benjamin with him. And Ziba, the servant of the house of Saul, and his fifteen sons and twenty servants with him, rushed down to the Jordan before the king.
And they pressed him till he was ashamed, and he said, Send. They sent therefore fifty men, and they sought three days, but did not find him.
Then Isaiah said, “Bring a lump of pressed figs.” So they brought it and applied it to his infected skin, and he recovered.
So the posts that rode upon mules and camels went out, being hastened and pressed on by the king's commandment. And the decree was given at Shushan the palace.
“The earth is changed like clay into which a seal is pressed;And the things [of the earth] stand out like a [multi-colored] garment.
For Your arrows have sunk into me,and Your hand has pressed down on me.
For we lie in the dirt, with our bellies pressed to the ground.
From the sole of the foot even to the headThere is nothing sound in it,Only bruises, welts and raw wounds,Not pressed out or bandaged,Nor softened with oil.
And they shall pass through it, hard pressed and hungry; and it shall come to pass when they are hungry, they will fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and will gaze upward:
they hatch viper eggs, and they weave a spider web. One who eats their eggs dies, and that which is pressed is hatched [as] a serpent.
“So joy and gladness are taken awayFrom the fruitful field and from the land of Moab.And I have made the wine cease from the wine presses;No one treads the grapes with shouting.Their shouting is not joyful shouting [but is instead, a battle cry].
And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity.
It will come about at that time that the mountains will drip with newly pressed wine, the hills will flow with milk, and the streams of Judah will flow abundantly. A fountain will spring from the Temple of the LORD, to water the Valley of the Acacias.
Behold, I am pressed under you, as a cart is pressed that is full of sheaves.
And He hath passed over through the sea, And hath pressed and smitten billows in the sea, And dried up have been all depths of a flood, And brought down hath been the excellency of Asshur, And the rod of Egypt doth turn aside.
And it hath come to pass, in that day, I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone to all the peoples, All loading it are completely pressed down, And gathered against it have been all nations of the earth.
and his fame went forth to all Syria, and they brought to him all having ailments, pressed with manifold sicknesses and pains, and demoniacs, and lunatics, and paralytics, and he healed them.
As they were coming out, they found a man of Cyrene named Simon, whom they pressed into service to bear His cross.
For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.
Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns came up and choked it, and it yielded no grain.
And he went with him, and a large crowd followed him and pressed on him.
They *pressed into service a passer-by coming from the country, Simon of Cyrene (the father of Alexander and Rufus), to bear His cross.
And having risen out of the synagogue, he entered into the house of Simon, and the mother-in-law of Simon was pressed with a great fever, and they did ask him about her,
And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
And the whole multitude of the region of the Gadarenes round about asked him to go away from them, because with great fear they were pressed, and he having entered into the boat, did turn back.
because he had an only daughter, about twelve years old, and she was dying. As Jesus was on his way, the crowds pressed around him.
but I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how am I pressed till it may be completed!
"The law and the prophets [were] until John; from that time [on] the kingdom of God has been proclaimed, and everyone is urgently pressed into it.
But they pressed Him to remain with them. "Because," said they, "it is getting towards evening, and the day is nearly over." So He went in to stay with them.
So they pressed the question. "Who are you?" they said--"that we may take an answer to those who sent us. What account do you give of yourself?"
Now we know that you have all knowledge, and do not need to be pressed with questions. Through this we believe that you came from God."
And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
for the whole mass of the people pressed on in the rear, shouting, "Away with him!"
When neither sun nor stars shone on us for many days, and no small storm pressed on us, all hope that we would be saved was now taken away.
and it came to pass, the father of Publius with feverish heats and dysentery pressed, was laid, unto whom Paul having entered, and having prayed, having laid his hands on him, healed him;
For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair;
I do not urge you to give in order that others may have relief while you are unduly pressed,
For there is no undue stretch of authority on our part, as though it did not extend to you. We pressed on even to Corinth, and were the first to proclaim to you the Good News of the Christ.
for I am pressed by the two, having the desire to depart, and to be with Christ, for it is far better,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Compressed (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Compresses (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Compresseth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Cypress (26 instances in 12 translations)
- Cypress-trees (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Cypress-wood (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Depressed (31 instances in 7 translations)
- Depression (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Depressions (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Express (27 instances in 9 translations)
- Expressed (25 instances in 8 translations)
- Expressing (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Expression (33 instances in 10 translations)
- Expressions (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Expressive (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Expressly (10 instances in 9 translations)
- Hard-pressed (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Impress (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Impressed (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Impression (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Impressive (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Impressive-looking (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Impressiveness (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Inexpressible (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Irrepressible (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Oppress (69 instances in 11 translations)
- Oppressed (149 instances in 12 translations)
- Oppresses (13 instances in 7 translations)
- Oppressest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Oppresseth (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Oppressing (22 instances in 11 translations)
- Oppression (90 instances in 12 translations)
- Oppressions (8 instances in 8 translations)
- Oppressive (29 instances in 6 translations)
- Oppressively (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Oppressor (37 instances in 12 translations)
- Oppressor's (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Oppressors (44 instances in 11 translations)
- Press (49 instances in 12 translations)
- Press-measures (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presses (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Presseth (11 instances in 4 translations)
- Pressfat (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pressing (23 instances in 10 translations)
- Pressure (19 instances in 11 translations)
- Pressured (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Pressures (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Pressuring (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Repress (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Suppress (7 instances in 8 translations)
- Suppressed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Suppressing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unexpressed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unimpressive (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Wine-press (24 instances in 12 translations)
- Wine-presses (7 instances in 11 translations)
- Adjure (16 instances)
- Beseech (85 instances)
- Bid (26 instances)
- Campaign (11 instances)
- Compact (2 instances)
- Conjure (8 instances)
- Constrict (3 instances)
- Contract (6 instances)
- Entreat (61 instances)
- Exhort (44 instances)
- Fight (352 instances)
- Iron (111 instances)