'Constant' in the Bible
When Abram was 99 years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and announced, "I am God Almighty. Live in constant awareness that I'm always with you, and be blameless.
So Abraham responded to God, "If only Ishmael would live in constant awareness that you're always with him!"
Saul was even more afraid of David; and Saul became David’s constant enemy.
Please, your majesty, don't pay attention to this worthless man Nabal, for he's just like his name. Nabal is his name and folly is his constant companion. But I, your servant, didn't see your majesty's young men whom you sent.
Now when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the Lord, she came to test him with riddles.
As a result, the LORD's wrath flared up against Israel, so he handed them over to domination by King Hazael of Aram and later into constant domination by Hazael's son Ben-hadad.
Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my commandments and my judgments, as at this day.
A person may be disciplined on his bed with painand constant distress in his bones,
For I am about to stumble, and I am in constant pain.
I did not hide Your righteousness in my heart;I spoke about Your faithfulness and salvation;I did not conceal Your constant love and truthfrom the great assembly.
Lord, do not withhold Your compassion from me;Your constant love and truth will always guard me.
For the choir director. A Davidic Maskil. When Doeg the Edomite went and reported to Saul, telling him, “David went to Ahimelech’s house.”Why brag about evil, you hero!God’s faithful love is constant.
I will bow down toward Your holy templeand give thanks to Your namefor Your constant love and truth.You have exalted Your nameand Your promise above everything else.
A foolish son is destruction to his father,And the contentions of a wife are a constant dripping.
The one who reveals secrets is a constant gossip;avoid someone with a big mouth.
A constant dripping on a day of steady rainAnd a contentious woman are alike;
“You will keep in perfect and constant peace the one whose mind is steadfast [that is, committed and focused on You—in both inclination and character],Because he trusts and takes refuge in You [with hope and confident expectation].
He is your constant source of stability; he abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; he gives all this to those who fear him.
This is the person who will live in a secure place; he will find safety in the rocky, mountain strongholds; he will have food and a constant supply of water.
But you have forgotten the Lord, your Maker,who stretched out the heavensand laid the foundations of the earth.You are in constant dread all day longbecause of the fury of the oppressor,who has set himself to destroy.But where is the fury of the oppressor?
Lord, you coerced me into being a prophet, and I allowed you to do it. You overcame my resistance and prevailed over me. Now I have become a constant laughingstock. Everyone ridicules me.
For whenever I speak, I cry out,I proclaim, “Violence and destruction!”because the word of the Lord has become for meconstant disgrace and derision.
therefore as I'm alive and living" declares the Lord GOD, "I'm going to deal with you as your anger deserves. When I judge you, I'll treat you like you did the Israelis that is, with the same kind of envy that motivated your constant hatred of them.
There is no remedy for your injury;your wound is severe.All who hear the news about youwill clap their hands because of you,for who has not experiencedyour constant cruelty?
And He told His disciples to have a small boat stand ready for Him because of the many people, so that they would not crowd Him;
In the afterlife, where he was in constant torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus by his side.
and they were constant in listening to the teaching of the Apostles and in their attendance at the Communion, that is, the Breaking of the Bread, and at prayer.
When the angel who was speaking to him had left, he summoned two of his servants and a devout soldier of those who were his personal attendants,
Peter therefore was kept in the prison, but constant prayer was made by the assembly to God for him.
that my grief is great and [there is] constant distress in my heart.
constantly rejoicing in hope [because of our confidence in Christ], steadfast and patient in distress, devoted to prayer [continually seeking wisdom, guidance, and strength],
I am saying this for your benefit, not to place a limitation on you, but so that without distraction you may give notable and constant service to the Lord.
trying to learn [by experience] what is pleasing to the Lord [and letting your lifestyles be examples of what is most acceptable to Him—your behavior expressing gratitude to God for your salvation].
But now that Timothy has come back to us from [his visit with] you, and has brought us good news of your [steadfast] faith and [the warmth of your] love, and [reported] that you always think kindly of us and treasure your memories of us, longing to see us just as we long to see you,
and constant disagreement among people whose minds are depraved and deprived of the truth, who imagine that godliness is a way to material gain.
Such persons are mere babes. But solid food is for adults--that is, for those who through constant practice have their spiritual faculties carefully trained to distinguish good from evil.
And if they had been thinking of that country from which they departed [as their true home], they would have had [a continuing] opportunity to return.
Above all, keep your love for one another constant, because love covers a large number of sins.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Constable (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constancy (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Constantly (117 instances in 10 translations)
- Constellation (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Constellations (5 instances in 11 translations)
- Consternation (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Constitute (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Constituted (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Constitutes (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Constituting (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constitution (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constrain (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Constrained (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Constrainedly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constraineth (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Constraining (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constrains (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Constraint (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Constraints (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constrict (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Constricted (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Construct (24 instances in 7 translations)
- Constructed (65 instances in 8 translations)
- Constructing (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Construction (40 instances in 8 translations)
- Constructive (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Constructor (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Constructs (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Inconstant (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Misconstrue (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Reconstitution (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Reconstruct (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Reconstructed (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Reconstructing (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Reconstruction (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Self-constituted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Ceaseless (1 instance)
- Changeless (1 instance)
- Constant (38 instances)
- Continuous (11 instances)
- Exact (49 instances)
- Faithful (341 instances)
- Frequent (10 instances)
- Incessant (3 instances)
- Incorruptible (12 instances)