'Constant' in the Bible
When Abram was 99 years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and announced, "I am God Almighty. Live in constant awareness that I'm always with you, and be blameless.
So Abraham responded to God, "If only Ishmael would live in constant awareness that you're always with him!"
Saul was still more afraid of David; and Saul became David's constant enemy.
Please, your majesty, don't pay attention to this worthless man Nabal, for he's just like his name. Nabal is his name and folly is his constant companion. But I, your servant, didn't see your majesty's young men whom you sent.
When the queen of Sheba heard of [the constant connection of] the fame of Solomon with the name of the Lord, she came to prove him with hard questions (problems and riddles).
As a result, the LORD's wrath flared up against Israel, so he handed them over to domination by King Hazael of Aram and later into constant domination by Hazael's son Ben-hadad.
Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my commandments and my judgments, as at this day.
A person may be disciplined on his bed with pain and constant distress in his bones,
For I am about to stumble, and I am in constant pain.
I did not hide Your righteousness in my heart; I spoke about Your faithfulness and salvation; I did not conceal Your constant love and truth from the great assembly.
Lord, do not withhold Your compassion from me; Your constant love and truth will always guard me.
Why brag about evil, you hero! God's faithful love is constant.
I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your constant love and faithfulness. You have exalted Your name and Your promise above everything else.
A foolish son is destruction to his father, And the contentions of a wife are a constant dripping.
The one who reveals secrets is a constant gossip; avoid someone with a big mouth.
A constant dripping on a day of steady rain And a contentious woman are alike;
You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.
He is your constant source of stability; he abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; he gives all this to those who fear him.
This is the person who will live in a secure place; he will find safety in the rocky, mountain strongholds; he will have food and a constant supply of water.
But you have forgotten the Lord, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth. You are in constant dread all day long because of the fury of the oppressor, who has set himself to destroy. But where is the fury of the oppressor?
Lord, you coerced me into being a prophet, and I allowed you to do it. You overcame my resistance and prevailed over me. Now I have become a constant laughingstock. Everyone ridicules me.
For whenever I speak, I cry out- I proclaim: Violence and destruction! because the word of the Lord has become for me constant disgrace and derision.
therefore as I'm alive and living" declares the Lord GOD, "I'm going to deal with you as your anger deserves. When I judge you, I'll treat you like you did the Israelis that is, with the same kind of envy that motivated your constant hatred of them.
There is no remedy for your injury; your wound is severe. All who hear the news about you will clap their hands because of you, for who has not experienced your constant cruelty?
And He told His disciples to have a little boat in [constant] readiness for Him because of the crowd, lest they press hard upon Him and crush Him.
In the afterlife, where he was in constant torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus by his side.
and they were constant in listening to the teaching of the Apostles and in their attendance at the Communion, that is, the Breaking of the Bread, and at prayer.
When the angel who was speaking to him had left, he summoned two of his servants and a devout soldier of those who were his personal attendants,
Peter therefore was kept in the prison, but constant prayer was made by the assembly to God for him.
that my grief is great and [there is] constant distress in my heart.
Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer.
I am saying this for your benefit, not to place a limitation on you, but so that without distraction you may give notable and constant service to the Lord.
And try to learn [in your experience] what is pleasing to the Lord [let your lives be constant proofs of what is most acceptable to Him].
But now that Timothy has just come back to us from [his visit to] you and has brought us the good news of [the steadfastness of] your faith and [the warmth of your] love, and [reported] how kindly you cherish a constant and affectionate remembrance of us [and that you are] longing to see us as we [are to see] you,
and constant disagreement among men whose minds are depraved and deprived of the truth, who imagine that godliness is a way to material gain.
Such persons are mere babes. But solid food is for adults--that is, for those who through constant practice have their spiritual faculties carefully trained to distinguish good from evil.
If they had been thinking with [homesick] remembrance of that country from which they were emigrants, they would have found constant opportunity to return to it.
Above all, keep your love for one another constant, because love covers a large number of sins.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Constable (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constancy (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Constantly (118 instances in 11 translations)
- Constellation (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Constellations (5 instances in 11 translations)
- Consternation (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Constitute (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Constituted (11 instances in 6 translations)
- Constitutes (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Constituting (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constitution (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constrain (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Constrained (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Constrainedly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constraineth (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Constraining (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constrains (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Constraint (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Constraints (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Constrict (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Constricted (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Construct (24 instances in 7 translations)
- Constructed (65 instances in 8 translations)
- Constructing (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Construction (40 instances in 8 translations)
- Constructive (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Constructor (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Constructs (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Inconstant (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Misconstrue (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Reconstitution (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Reconstruct (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Reconstructed (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Reconstructing (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Reconstruction (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Self-constituted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Ceaseless (1 instance)
- Changeless (1 instance)
- Constant (38 instances)
- Continuous (11 instances)
- Exact (49 instances)
- Faithful (347 instances)
- Frequent (10 instances)
- Incessant (3 instances)
- Incorruptible (13 instances)