'Asses' in the Bible
And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels.
And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.
And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.
And I have oxen, and asses, flocks, and menservants, and womenservants: and I have sent to tell my lord, that I may find grace in thy sight.
Thirty milch camels with their colts, forty kine, and ten bulls, twenty she asses, and ten foals.
They took their sheep, and their oxen, and their asses, and that which was in the city, and that which was in the field,
And these are the children of Zibeon; both Ajah, and Anah: this was that Anah that found the mules in the wilderness, as he fed the asses of Zibeon his father.
And they laded their asses with the corn, and departed thence.
And the men were afraid, because they were brought into Joseph's house; and they said, Because of the money that was returned in our sacks at the first time are we brought in; that he may seek occasion against us, and fall upon us, and take us for bondmen, and our asses.
And the man brought the men into Joseph's house, and gave them water, and they washed their feet; and he gave their asses provender.
As soon as the morning was light, the men were sent away, they and their asses.
Then in bitter grief they put the bags on the asses again and went back to the town.
And to his father he sent after this manner; ten asses laden with the good things of Egypt, and ten she asses laden with corn and bread and meat for his father by the way.
And they brought their cattle unto Joseph: and Joseph gave them bread in exchange for horses, and for the flocks, and for the cattle of the herds, and for the asses: and he fed them with bread for all their cattle for that year.
Behold, the hand of the LORD is upon thy cattle which is in the field, upon the horses, upon the asses, upon the camels, upon the oxen, and upon the sheep: there shall be a very grievous murrain.
Then Moses was very angry, and said to the Lord, Give no attention to their offering: not one of their asses have I taken, or done wrong to any of them.
And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep:
And of the children of Israel's half, thou shalt take one portion of fifty, of the persons, of the beeves, of the asses, and of the flocks, of all manner of beasts, and give them unto the Levites, which keep the charge of the tabernacle of the LORD.
And threescore and one thousand asses,
And the asses were thirty thousand and five hundred; of which the LORD'S tribute was threescore and one.
And thirty thousand asses and five hundred,
And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them unto the valley of Achor.
They did work wilily, and went and made as if they had been ambassadors, and took old sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles, old, and rent, and bound up;
Speak, ye that ride on white asses, ye that sit in judgment, and walk by the way.
And put their army in position against them; and they took all the produce of the earth as far as Gaza, till there was no food in Israel, or any sheep or oxen or asses.
And he had thirty sons who rode on thirty asses; and they had thirty cities, called Hav'voth-ja'ir to this day, which are in the land of Gilead.
He had forty sons and thirty grandsons, who rode on seventy asses; and he judged Israel eight years.
And Samson saith, 'With a jaw-bone of the ass -- an ass upon asses -- with a jaw-bone of the ass I have smitten a thousand men.'
And her husband arose, and went after her, to speak friendly unto her, and to bring her again, having his servant with him, and a couple of asses: and she brought him into her father's house: and when the father of the damsel saw him, he rejoiced to meet him.
But the man would not tarry that night, but he rose up and departed, and came over against Jebus, which is Jerusalem; and there were with him two asses saddled, his concubine also was with him.
Yet there is both straw and provender for our asses; and there is bread and wine also for me, and for thy handmaid, and for the young man which is with thy servants: there is no want of any thing.
So he brought him into his house, and gave provender unto the asses: and they washed their feet, and did eat and drink.
And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
And the asses of Kish Saul's father were lost. And Kish said to Saul his son, Take now one of the servants with thee, and arise, go seek the asses.
And when they were come to the land of Zuph, Saul said to his servant that was with him, Come, and let us return; lest my father leave caring for the asses, and take thought for us.
And as for thine asses that were lost three days ago, set not thy mind on them; for they are found. And on whom is all the desire of Israel? Is it not on thee, and on all thy father's house?
When thou art departed from me to day, then thou shalt find two men by Rachel's sepulchre in the border of Benjamin at Zelzah; and they will say unto thee, The asses which thou wentest to seek are found: and, lo, thy father hath left the care of the asses, and sorroweth for you, saying, What shall I do for my son?
And Saul's uncle said unto him and to his servant, Whither went ye? And he said, To seek the asses: and when we saw that they were no where, we came to Samuel.
And Saul said unto his uncle, He told us plainly that the asses were found. But of the matter of the kingdom, whereof Samuel spake, he told him not.
And Nob, the city of the priests, smote he with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and sucklings, and oxen, and asses, and sheep, with the edge of the sword.
Then Abigail made haste, and took two hundred loaves, and two bottles of wine, and five sheep ready dressed, and five measures of parched corn, and an hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of figs, and laid them on asses.
And David smote the land, and left neither man nor woman alive, and took away the sheep, and the oxen, and the asses, and the camels, and the apparel, and returned, and came to Achish.
And when David was a little past the top of the hill, behold, Ziba the servant of Mephibosheth met him, with a couple of asses saddled, and upon them two hundred loaves of bread, and an hundred bunches of raisins, and an hundred of summer fruits, and a bottle of wine.
And the king said unto Ziba, What meanest thou by these? And Ziba said, The asses be for the king's household to ride on; and the bread and summer fruit for the young men to eat; and the wine, that such as be faint in the wilderness may drink.
And she called unto her husband, and said, Send me, I pray thee, one of the young men, and one of the asses, that I may run to the man of God, and come again.
Wherefore they arose and fled in the twilight, and left their tents, and their horses, and their asses, even the camp as it was, and fled for their life.
So they came and called unto the porter of the city: and they told them, saying, We came to the camp of the Syrians, and, behold, there was no man there, neither voice of man, but horses tied, and asses tied, and the tents as they were.
And they took away their cattle; of their camels fifty thousand, and of sheep two hundred and fifty thousand, and of asses two thousand, and of men an hundred thousand.
Moreover they that were nigh them, even unto Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali, brought bread on asses, and on camels, and on mules, and on oxen, and meat, meal, cakes of figs, and bunches of raisins, and wine, and oil, and oxen, and sheep abundantly: for there was joy in Israel.
Over the camels also was Obil the Ishmaelite: and over the asses was Jehdeiah the Meronothite:
And the men which were expressed by name rose up, and took the captives, and with the spoil clothed all that were naked among them, and arrayed them, and shod them, and gave them to eat and to drink, and anointed them, and carried all the feeble of them upon asses, and brought them to Jericho, the city of palm trees, to their brethren: then they returned to Samaria.
Their camels, four hundred thirty and five; their asses, six thousand seven hundred and twenty.
Their camels, four hundred thirty and five: six thousand seven hundred and twenty asses.
In those days saw I in Judah some treading wine presses on the sabbath, and bringing in sheaves, and lading asses; as also wine, grapes, and figs, and all manner of burdens, which they brought into Jerusalem on the sabbath day: and I testified against them in the day wherein they sold victuals.
His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:
Behold, as wild asses in the desert, go they forth to their work; rising betimes for a prey: the wilderness yieldeth food for them and for their children.
They make noises like asses among the brushwood; they get together under the thorns.
So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed:
The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.
The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.
Because the palaces shall be forsaken; the multitude of the city shall be left; the forts and towers shall be for dens for ever, a joy of wild asses, a pasture of flocks;
And they will take your countrymen out of all the nations for an offering to the Lord, on horses, and in carriages, and in carts, and on asses, and on camels, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, says the Lord, as the children of Israel take their offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.
And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.
For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.
And the horses and the transport beasts, the camels and the asses and all the beasts in those tents will be attacked by the same disease.
Do not come into close association with unbelievers, like oxen yoked with asses. For what is there in common between righteousness and lawlessness? Or what partnership has light with darkness?
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Ass (94 instances in 9 translations)
- Ass's (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Ass-colts (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Assail (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Assailant (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Assailants (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Assailed (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Assaileth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assailing (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Assails (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assar (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assaria (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Assars (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assassin (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assassinate (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Assassinated (10 instances in 3 translations)
- Assassination (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Assassins (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Assault (27 instances in 11 translations)
- Assaulted (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Assaulteth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assaulting (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Assaults (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Assay (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Assayed (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Assayer (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Assaying (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Assays (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Assemblage (22 instances in 3 translations)
- Assemble (88 instances in 12 translations)
- Assembled (199 instances in 12 translations)
- Assembles (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Assembleth (9 instances in 2 translations)
- Assemblies (59 instances in 11 translations)
- Assembling (20 instances in 11 translations)
- Assembly (505 instances in 12 translations)
- Assembly's (18 instances in 2 translations)
- Assented (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Assenting (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Assert (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Asserted (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Asserting (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Assertions (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Asserts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assess (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Assessed (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Assesses (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Assessing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assessment (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Assessor (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assessors (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Assets (12 instances in 4 translations)
- Asseverate (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Asshurites (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Assign (33 instances in 10 translations)
- Assigned (232 instances in 11 translations)
- Assigning (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Assignment (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Assignments (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Assigns (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Assimilated (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assimilating (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assist (35 instances in 12 translations)
- Assistance (13 instances in 5 translations)
- Assistant (13 instances in 6 translations)
- Assistants (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Assisted (23 instances in 6 translations)
- Assisting (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Assists (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Assize-days (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Associate (28 instances in 10 translations)
- Associated (15 instances in 5 translations)
- Associates (34 instances in 7 translations)
- Associating (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Association (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Associations (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Assorted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assuaged (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Assuaging (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Assume (14 instances in 7 translations)
- Assumed (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Assumes (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Assuming (16 instances in 5 translations)
- Assurance (28 instances in 12 translations)
- Assure (83 instances in 11 translations)
- Assured (52 instances in 12 translations)
- Assuredly (37 instances in 10 translations)
- Assures (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Assuring (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Asswage (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Asswaged (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Ass (94 instances)
- Asses (70 instances)
- Backside (3 instances)
- Behind (289 instances)
- Bottom (41 instances)
- Butt (4 instances)
- Buttocks (3 instances)
- Fundament (1 instance)
- Hindquarters (2 instances)
- Rear (45 instances)