'Heart' in the Bible
and it cometh to pass, when they have gone round the days of the banquet, that Job doth send and sanctify them, and hath risen early in the morning, and caused to ascend burnt-offerings -- the number of them all -- for Job said, 'Perhaps my sons have sinned, yet blessed God in their heart.' Thus doth Job all the days.
And Jehovah saith unto the Adversary, 'Hast thou set thy heart against My servant Job because there is none like him in the land, a man perfect and upright, fearing God, and turning aside from evil?'
And Jehovah saith unto the Adversary, 'Hast thou set thy heart unto My servant Job because there is none like him in the land, a man perfect and upright, fearing God and turning aside from evil? and still he is keeping hold on his integrity, and thou dost move Me against him to swallow him up for nought!'
For I have a fear and it comes on me, and my heart is greatly troubled.
Truly, that man is happy who has training from the hand of God: so do not let your heart be shut to the teaching of the Ruler of all.
He whose heart is shut against his friend has given up the fear of the Ruler of all.
What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?
Shall not they teach thee, and tell thee, and utter words out of their heart?
He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
And these things hast thou hid in thine heart: I know that this is with thee.
If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him;
I also have a heart like you, I am not fallen more than you, And with whom is there not like these?
He taketh away the heart of the chief of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way.
Oh, that You would hide me in Sheol (the unseen state), that You would conceal me until Your wrath is past, that You would set a definite time and then remember me earnestly [and imprint me on your heart]!
Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at,
Because his hand is stretched out against God, and his heart is lifted up against the Ruler of all,
To conceive misery, and to bear iniquity, Even their heart doth prepare deceit.
For thou hast hid their heart from understanding: therefore shalt thou not exalt them.
My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart.
I will see Him myself; my eyes will look at [Him], and not as a stranger. My heart longs within me.
His food in his bowels is turned, The bitterness of asps is in his heart.
Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have laid up the words of his mouth more than the purpose of my own heart.
For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:
My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
Did not I weep for him who was in trouble? Was not my heart grieved for the poor and needy?
My heart is troubled, and resteth not; Days of affliction are come upon me.
If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaved to mine hands;
If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or if I have laid wait at my neighbour's door;
if he hadn't thanked me from the bottom of his heart, if he had not been warmed by wool from my sheep,
And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:
Have I covered my transgressions as others do by hiding my guilt in my heart,
My heart is like unvented wine; it is about to burst like new wineskins.
My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly.
Therefore, O men of heart, hearken to me; Far be it from God to do wickedness, And from the Mighty to do perverseness:
If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;
For in addition to his sin, he is uncontrolled in heart; before our eyes he makes sport of God, increasing his words against him.
"Indeed God is mighty and he doesn't show disrespect; he is mighty and strong of heart.
But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.
At this also my heart trembleth, and is moved out of his place.
Men do therefore fear him: he respecteth not any that are wise of heart.
Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (22)
- Exodus (49)
- Leviticus (5)
- Numbers (15)
- Deuteronomy (68)
- Joshua (17)
- Judges (18)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (31)
- 2 Samuel (23)
- 1 Kings (38)
- 2 Kings (13)
- 1 Chronicles (21)
- 2 Chronicles (50)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (7)
- Job (45)
- Psalm (168)
- Proverbs (119)
- Ecclesiastes (40)
- Song of Songs (15)
- Isaiah (73)
- Jeremiah (75)
- Lamentations (13)
- Ezekiel (47)
- Daniel (19)
- Hosea (12)
- Joel (2)
- Amos (3)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (2)
- Nahum (1)
- Zephaniah (5)
- Haggai (5)
- Zechariah (5)
- Malachi (2)
- Matthew (26)
- Mark (17)
- Luke (28)
- John (18)
- Acts (35)
- Romans (19)
- 1 Corinthians (9)
- 2 Corinthians (22)
- Galatians (2)
- Ephesians (9)
- Philippians (5)
- Colossians (6)
- 1 Thessalonians (4)
- 2 Thessalonians (2)
- 1 Timothy (7)
- 2 Timothy (5)
- Titus (5)
- Philemon (5)
- Hebrews (16)
- James (5)
- 1 Peter (5)
- 2 Peter (1)
- 1 John (10)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (8)
- Bravehearted (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Broken-hearted (6 instances in 12 translations)
- Cold-hearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dishearten (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Disheartened (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Downhearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Emptyhearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faint-hearted (10 instances in 13 translations)
- Free-hearted (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Generous-hearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Glad-hearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Half-hearted (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Hard-hearted (17 instances in 11 translations)
- Hard-heartedness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Heart's (30 instances in 11 translations)
- Heart-circumcision (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Heart-knowing (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Heartache (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Heartbroken (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hearted (18 instances in 2 translations)
- Heartedly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Heartfelt (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Hearth (11 instances in 12 translations)
- Hearths (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Heartily (23 instances in 10 translations)
- Heartless (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Hearts (469 instances in 14 translations)
- Heartsick (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Heartsore (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hearty (14 instances in 8 translations)
- Kindhearted (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Lion-hearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Loving-hearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Merry-hearted (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Openhearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Single-heartedness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Stiff-hearted (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Stout-hearted (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Strong-hearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Tenderhearted (5 instances in 10 translations)
- Tenderheartedness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Warm-hearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wholehearted (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Wholeheartedly (24 instances in 4 translations)
- Willing-hearted (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Wise-hearted (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Affection (49 instances)
- Bosom (51 instances)
- Center (51 instances)
- Centre (8 instances)
- Essence (7 instances)
- Eye (157 instances)
- Fondness (3 instances)
- Gist (1 instance)
- Heart (1314 instances)
- Kernel (3 instances)
- Marrow (5 instances)
- Meat (416 instances)
- Middle (270 instances)
- Nerve (2 instances)
- Agony, In Heart
- Changed Heart
- Condemned Hearts
- Deceitful Hearts
- Desires Of The Heart
- Divided Hearts
- Evil Hearts
- Faint Heartedness
- God And The Heart
- God Knowing the Human Heart
- God Searching Hearts
- God's Things Concealed
- Half Heartedness
- Hardened Hearts
- Hardness Of Heart
- Heart, Affections Of
- Heart, And Holy Spirit
- Heart, Divine
- Heart, Fallen And Redeemed
- Heart, Human
- Heart, Known To God
- Heart, Of Unregenerate People
- Heart, Renewed
- How Jesus Knows The Heart
- In The Heart Of The Sea
- Nature Of The Heart
- New Hearts
- Not Whole Hearted
- Other References To The Heart
- Proud Hearts
- Purity Of Heart
- Receptive Hearts
- Renewed Heart
- Searching The Heart
- Sinful Hearts
- Singleness Of Heart
- Taking The Law To Heart
- The Hearts Incination To Evil
- Uncircumcised In Heart
- Whole Heartedness
- Worship With The Heart