'It is Written' in the Bible
FOR IN IT IS BEING REVEALED A RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH PROCEEDS FROM GOD, FROM FAITH UNTO FAITH; AS IT IS WRITTEN.
For, as it is written: The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.
Absolutely not! God must be true, but everyone is a liar, as it is written: That You may be justified in Your words and triumph when You judge.
Well now, are we Jews in a better position? Not at all. I have already charged all, Jews as well as Greeks, with being under sin ??10 as it is written, None is righteous, no, not one;
as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
therefore the inheritance is of faith, that it might be meerly of favour, to the end the promise might be assured to all his posterity, not to that part only who have the law, but to that also who have the faith of Abraham, the father of us all, as it is written,
As it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations." This is in the presence of him whom he believed: God, who gives life to the dead, and calls the things that are not, as though they were.
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
as it is written,
according as it is written, I have loved Jacob, and I have hated Esau.
And why? Simply because Israel has relied not on faith but on what they could do. They have stumbled over the stone that makes men stumble ??33 as it is written, Here I lay a stone in Sion that will make men stumble, even a rock to trip them up; but he who believes in Him will never be disappointed.
just as it is written, Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense. And every man who believes in him will not be shamed.
And how can people preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are those who bring the good news!"
What then? What Israel seeks, this it did not obtain, but the election obtained; and the rest were hardened,??8 as it is written, God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear??o this day.
as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, to this very day."
and so all Israel will be saved. Even as it is written, "There will come out of Zion the Deliverer, and he will turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
Don't seek revenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord."
So why do you criticize your brother? And you, why do you look down upon your brother? All of us have to stand before the tribunal of God ??11 for it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bend before me, every tongue shall offer praise to God.
For it is written: As I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow to Me, and every tongue will give praise to God.
For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "THE REPROACHES OF THOSE WHO REPROACHED YOU FELL ON ME."
and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy; as it is written, "THEREFORE I WILL GIVE PRAISE TO YOU AMONG THE GENTILES, AND I WILL SING TO YOUR NAME."
But, as it is written [Isa. 52:15], "Those people who had not been told about Him will see [the truth], and those who have not heard [the message] will understand [it]." [Note: Paul here applies a Messianic prediction to his ambition of doing pioneer evangelism].
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As It is Written (69 instances in 35 translations)
- Be It Far From Me (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Conscience When It Is Weak (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Declare It Boldly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Far Be It from Me (13 instances in 21 translations)
- How Good It is (6 instances in 10 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Is It Lawful (12 instances in 31 translations)
- It is Finished (8 instances in 33 translations)
- It is I (300 instances in 39 translations)
- It is Impossible (25 instances in 39 translations)
- It is the Lord (49 instances in 36 translations)
- It Was Good (28 instances in 23 translations)
- It Will Be Forgiven (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Keep It Holy (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Law Written in Their Hearts (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Placed It In A Tomb (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Sealed It (11 instances in 27 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Take It And Eat It (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Take It Away From Me (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Take It to Heart (9 instances in 11 translations)
- That It May Go Well with You (13 instances in 10 translations)
- That It Might Be Fulfilled (12 instances in 18 translations)
- What Is Written (28 instances in 35 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Wind Blows Where It Wishes (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Write on It (6 instances in 12 translations)
- Written by the Prophets (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Written in the Book (83 instances in 39 translations)
- Written in the Prophets (5 instances in 36 translations)
- You Have Heard that It Was Said (5 instances in 18 translations)