'Win' in the Bible
Also ask yourselves: do you have a better case than Zippor's son Balak, king of Moab? Did he ever have a quarrel with Israel or ever win a fight against them?
when her husband got up and went after her, intending to speak lovingly to her in order to win her back. He took with him his young man servant and a pair of donkeys. When she brought him into her father's house to see him, her father was happy to have met him.
If he wins in a fight against me and kills me, we will be your servants. But if I win against him and kill him, then you will be our servants and serve us."
Now look, God is with us as our leader. His priests are ready to blow the trumpets to signal the attack against you. You Israelites, don't fight against the Lord God of your ancestors, for you will not win!"
Early the next morning they marched out to the Desert of Tekoa. When they were ready to march, Jehoshaphat stood up and said: "Listen to me, you people of Judah and residents of Jerusalem! Trust in the Lord your God and you will be safe! Trust in the message of his prophets and you will win."
After these things, and the establishment thereof, Sennacherib king of Assyria came, and entered into Judah, and encamped against the fenced cities, and thought to win them for himself.
"Look, now! I've prepared my case for court. I know that I'm going to win.
He will experience my faithfulness and loyal love, and by my name he will win victories.
A gracious and good woman wins honor [for her husband], and violent men win riches but a woman who hates righteousness is a throne of dishonor for him.
The words of a wise person win him favor, but the words of a fool are self-destructive.
and who made his glorious arm march at Moses' right hand, who divided the waters in front of them to win an everlasting name,
like cattle that go down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD gave them rest. For you led your people, to win for yourself a glorious name.
That is how they have grown fat and sleek. There is no limit to the evil things they do. They do not plead the cause of the fatherless in such a way as to win it. They do not defend the rights of the poor.
How long will you waver and hesitate [to return], O you backsliding daughter? For the Lord has created a new thing in the land [of Israel]: a female shall compass (woo, win, and protect) a man.
Zedekiah will be carried off to Babylon and will remain there until I have fully dealt with him. I, the Lord, affirm it! Even if you continue to fight against the Babylonians, you cannot win.'"
"Teacher," said one man, coming up to Him, "what that is good shall I do in order to win the Life of the Ages?"
"Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for you scour sea and land in order to win one convert--and when he is gained, you make him twice as much a son of Gehenna as yourselves.
"And if this should come to the governor's ears, we will win him over and keep you out of trouble."
"But I charge you, so to use the wealth which is ever tempting to dishonesty as to win friends who, when it fails, shall welcome you to the tents that never perish.
In your patience ye shall win your souls.
And the soldiers also mocked him, coming up [and] offering him sour win
He who speaks on his own authority seeks to win honor for himself. [He whose teaching originates with himself seeks his own glory.] But He Who seeks the glory and is eager for the honor of Him Who sent Him, He is true; and there is no unrighteousness or falsehood or deception in Him.
But, Sabbath after Sabbath, he preached in the synagogue and tried to win over both Jews and Greeks.
But after two years Felix received Porcius Festus as successor; and Felix, wanting to win the grace of the Jews, left Paul bound.
through whom we have received grace and Apostleship in His service in order to win men to obedience to the faith, among all Gentile peoples,
Of course not! God is true, even if everyone else is a liar. As it is written, "You are right when you speak, and win your case when you go into court."
For [of course] I will not venture (presume) to speak thus of any work except what Christ has actually done through me [as an instrument in His hands] to win obedience from the Gentiles, by word and deed,
But is now disclosed and through the prophetic Scriptures is made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, [to win them] to obedience to the faith,
For although I am free from all people, I have made myself a slave to all, in order to win more people.
To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win Jews; to those under the law, like one under the law-though I myself am not under the law-to win those under the law.
To those who are outside the law, like one outside the law-not being outside God's law, but under the law of Christ-to win those outside the law.
To the weak I became weak, in order to win the weak. I have become all things to all people, so that I may by all means save some.
Do you not know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
Everyone who enters an athletic contest practices self-control in everything. They do it to win a wreath that withers away, but we run to win a prize that never fades.
is never glad with sin; she's always glad to side with truth, and pleased that truth will win.
Therefore, being conscious of fearing the Lord with respect and reverence, we seek to win people over [to persuade them]. But what sort of persons we are is plainly recognized and thoroughly understood by God, and I hope that it is plainly recognized and thoroughly understood also by your consciences (your inborn discernment).
For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ.
These men [the Judaizing teachers] are zealously trying to dazzle you [paying court to you, making much of you], but their purpose is not honorable or worthy or for any good. What they want to do is to isolate you [from us who oppose them], so that they may win you over to their side and get you to court their favor.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
I keep pursuing the goal to win the prize of God's heavenly call in the Messiah Jesus.
so that you may win the respect of outsiders, and have need of nothing.
Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.
And [then] when the Chief Shepherd is revealed, you will win the conqueror's crown of glory.
Look to yourselves (take care) that you may not lose (throw away or destroy) all that we and you have labored for, but that you may [persevere until you] win and receive back a perfect reward [in full].
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Wind (245 instances in 14 translations)
- Wind-driven (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Wind-swept (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Windbag (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Windblown (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Winding (8 instances in 11 translations)
- Windings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Window (28 instances in 14 translations)
- Window-opening (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Windows (28 instances in 13 translations)
- Winds (41 instances in 14 translations)
- Windstorm (26 instances in 5 translations)
- Windstorms (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Windy (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Wine (317 instances in 14 translations)
- Wine-bottles (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Wine-cellars (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Wine-cup (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wine-drinker (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Wine-drinking (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Wine-fat (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Wine-flasks (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wine-mixing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wine-offerings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wine-press (25 instances in 13 translations)
- Wine-presses (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Wine-skin (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Wine-skins (8 instances in 11 translations)
- Wine-tank (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Wine-vat (13 instances in 10 translations)
- Wine-vats (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Wine-vine (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Winebibber (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Winebibbers (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Winebibbings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wineglass (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wines (5 instances in 10 translations)
- Wing (23 instances in 13 translations)
- Wing-to-wing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Winged (79 instances in 13 translations)
- Wings (87 instances in 14 translations)
- Wingspan (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Wink (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Winked (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Winketh (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Winking (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Winks (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Winner (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Winneth (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Winning (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Winnow (8 instances in 8 translations)
- Winnowed (7 instances in 11 translations)
- Winnowers (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Winnowest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Winnoweth (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Winnowing (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Winnowing-fan (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Winnowing-shovel (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Winnows (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Wins (10 instances in 9 translations)
- Winsome (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Winter (25 instances in 14 translations)
- Winter's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wintered (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Wintereth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Winterhouse (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Wintering (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Angel's Wings
- Drinking No Wine
- Drinking Wine
- Effect Of Wine
- Four Winds
- Getting Wine
- God Dispensing Wind
- God In The Wind
- God's Wings
- Keeping Man's Word
- Looking Through Windows
- Love And Wine
- Lowered From Windows
- Metaphorical Wine
- Mixed Wine
- No Winds
- Not Drinking Wine
- Not Too Much Wine
- Plenty Of Wine
- Providing Wine
- Quantities Of Wine
- Self Discipline
- Shortage Of Wine
- Soul Winners
- Summer And Winter
- The Holy Spirit Described As The Wind
- The Soul Winners Joy
- Windows For The Temple
- Windows Of Heaven