'High Places' in the Bible
But the high places were not taken away: the people still sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places.
Howbeit the high places were not taken away: as yet the people did sacrifice and burnt incense on the high places.
Save that the high places were not removed: the people sacrificed and burnt incense still on the high places.
Howbeit the high places were not removed: the people sacrificed and burned incense still in the high places. He built the higher gate of the house of the LORD.
And he sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places, and on the hills, and under every green tree.
And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the LORD their God, and they built them high places in all their cities, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city.
And there they burnt incense in all the high places, as did the heathen whom the LORD carried away before them; and wrought wicked things to provoke the LORD to anger:
Howbeit every nation made gods of their own, and put them in the houses of the high places which the Samaritans had made, every nation in their cities wherein they dwelt.
So they feared the LORD, and made unto themselves of the lowest of them priests of the high places, which sacrificed for them in the houses of the high places.
He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.
But if ye say unto me, We trust in the LORD our God: is not that he, whose high places and whose altars Hezekiah hath taken away, and hath said to Judah and Jerusalem, Ye shall worship before this altar in Jerusalem?
For he built up again the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Baal, and made a grove, as did Ahab king of Israel; and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.
And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.
And he brought all the priests out of the cities of Judah, and defiled the high places where the priests had burned incense, from Geba to Beersheba, and brake down the high places of the gates that were in the entering in of the gate of Joshua the governor of the city, which were on a man's left hand at the gate of the city.
Nevertheless the priests of the high places came not up to the altar of the LORD in Jerusalem, but they did eat of the unleavened bread among their brethren.
And the high places that were before Jerusalem, which were on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile.
And all the houses also of the high places that were in the cities of Samaria, which the kings of Israel had made to provoke the LORD to anger, Josiah took away, and did to them according to all the acts that he had done in Bethel.
And he slew all the priests of the high places that were there upon the altars, and burned men's bones upon them, and returned to Jerusalem.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- Heavenly Places (5 instances in 14 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Priest (193 instances in 38 translations)
- In the Heavenly Places (5 instances in 12 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Baptism, Places Used
- Bringing People Out Of Other Places
- Burials, Places Of
- Burying places
- Caves As Places Of Refuge
- Christ, The High Priest
- Dry Places
- Empty Places
- Filling Places
- Foreigners In The Holy Places
- God On High
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Places To This Day
- Polluting Holy Places
- Rivers As Places Of Prayer
- Sacred Places
- Sacrificing On The High Places
- The Most High
- Things On High
- Trampling Places
- Waste Places Restored
- Worship, Places Of
- Incense Offered Amiss
- 10 more topics on High
- 18 more topics on Places