'House of the Lord' in the Bible
"Stand in the gate of the house of the Lord and there call out this word: Hear the word of the Lord, all [you people] of Judah who enter through these gates to worship the Lord.
And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD.
And so Jeremiah came from Tophet, where the LORD had sent him to prophesy, and stood in the court of the house of the LORD, and spake to all the people:
Now Pashur the son of Immer the priest, who was also chief governor in the house of the LORD, heard that Jeremiah prophesied these things.
Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.
So the priests and the prophets and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the house of the LORD.
Why hast thou prophesied in the name of the LORD, saying, This house shall be like Shiloh, and this city shall be desolate without an inhabitant? And all the people were gathered against Jeremiah in the house of the LORD.
When the princes of Judah heard these things, then they came up from the king's house unto the house of the LORD, and sat down in the entry of the new gate of the LORD'S house.
But if they be prophets, and if the word of the LORD be with them, let them now make intercession to the LORD of hosts, that the vessels which are left in the house of the LORD, and in the house of the king of Judah, and at Jerusalem, go not to Babylon.
Yea, thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, concerning the vessels that remain in the house of the LORD, and in the house of the king of Judah and of Jerusalem;
And it came to pass the same year, in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fourth year, and in the fifth month, that Hananiah the son of Azur the prophet, which was of Gibeon, spake unto me in the house of the LORD, in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying,
Then the prophet Jeremiah said unto the prophet Hananiah in the presence of the priests, and in the presence of all the people that stood in the house of the LORD,
The LORD hath made thee priest in the stead of Jehoiada the priest, that ye should be officers in the house of the LORD, for every man that is mad, and maketh himself a prophet, that thou shouldest put him in prison, and in the stocks.
The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
Go unto the house of the Rechabites, and speak unto them, and bring them into the house of the LORD, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink.
And I brought them into the house of the LORD, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan, the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door:
And Jeremiah commanded Baruch, saying, I am shut up; I cannot go into the house of the LORD:
Then read Baruch in the book the words of Jeremiah in the house of the LORD, in the chamber of Gemariah the son of Shaphan the scribe, in the higher court, at the entry of the new gate of the LORD'S house, in the ears of all the people.
Then Zedekiah the king sent, and took Jeremiah the prophet unto him into the third entry that is in the house of the LORD: and the king said unto Jeremiah, I will ask thee a thing; hide nothing from me.
That there came certain from Shechem, from Shiloh, and from Samaria, even fourscore men, having their beards shaven, and their clothes rent, and having cut themselves, with offerings and incense in their hand, to bring them to the house of the LORD.
And burned the house of the LORD, and the king's house; and all the houses of Jerusalem, and all the houses of the great men, burned he with fire:
Also the pillars of brass that were in the house of the LORD, and the bases, and the brasen sea that was in the house of the LORD, the Chaldeans brake, and carried all the brass of them to Babylon.
The two pillars, one sea, and twelve brasen bulls that were under the bases, which king Solomon had made in the house of the LORD: the brass of all these vessels was without weight.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As for Me and My House (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Build Me a House (4 instances in 15 translations)
- Build My House (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Build the House (34 instances in 20 translations)
- Building the House (12 instances in 14 translations)
- Cloud Filled the House of the Lord (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Court of the House of the Lord (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Courts of the House of the Lord (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Defile The House (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Doorkeeper in the House of My God (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Dwell in the House of the Lord (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Elders of the House of Israel (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Filled the House of the Lord (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Foundation Of The House (8 instances in 19 translations)
- Foundation Of This House (2 instances in 17 translations)
- From House to House (7 instances in 39 translations)
- House Divided Against Itself (2 instances in 25 translations)
- House for My Name (13 instances in 22 translations)
- House of Bondage (13 instances in 14 translations)
- House of David (31 instances in 35 translations)
- House of God (187 instances in 40 translations)
- House of Israel (160 instances in 38 translations)
- House of Judah (44 instances in 36 translations)
- House of Prayer (7 instances in 39 translations)
- Lord Filled The House (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Master of the House (21 instances in 38 translations)
- Owner Of The House (16 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Rebellious House (12 instances in 18 translations)
- Reign Over the House of Jacob (1 instance in 32 translations)
- Set Your House in Order (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Stand in the House of the Lord (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Unless the Lord Builds the House (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Zeal for Your House (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Zeal Of Thine House (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Bethel The House Of God
- Born In One's House
- Building Houses
- Destruction Of Houses
- Entering Houses
- Filling Houses
- God's Storehouses
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- House Of God
- Household Gods
- Houses Under Attack
- Living In Houses
- Metaphorical Houses
- Outside The House