'Let Us' in the Bible
Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.
And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The LORD God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.
And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the LORD our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.
And the tale of the bricks, which they did make heretofore, ye shall lay upon them; ye shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore they cry, saying, Let us go and sacrifice to our God.
But he said, Ye are idle, ye are idle: therefore ye say, Let us go and do sacrifice to the LORD.
Moses responded, "You must also let us have sacrifices and burnt offerings to prepare for the Lord our God.
And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.
Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song unto the LORD, and said, "Let us sing unto the LORD, for he is become glorious, the horse and him that rode upon him hath he overthrown in the sea!
The Israelites said to them: If only Jehovah had allowed us to die in Egypt! There we sat by our pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted! You brought us out into this desert to let us all starve to death!
He prayed: Jehovah, if you really are pleased with me, I pray that you will go with us. It is true that these people are sinful and rebellious. However, please forgive our sin and let us be your people.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (28)
- Exodus (12)
- Numbers (9)
- Deuteronomy (9)
- Joshua (3)
- Judges (17)
- 1 Samuel (17)
- 2 Samuel (8)
- 1 Kings (7)
- 2 Kings (11)
- 1 Chronicles (4)
- 2 Chronicles (3)
- Ezra (3)
- Nehemiah (10)
- Job (3)
- Psalm (27)
- Proverbs (4)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (21)
- Jeremiah (17)
- Lamentations (4)
- Ezekiel (4)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (2)
- Amos (2)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (3)
- Zechariah (2)
- Be Strong And Let Your Heart Take Courage (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Begotten Us Again (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Blood Be on Us (1 instance in 25 translations)
- Causeth Us To Triumph (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Christ Died for Us (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Christ Has Redeemed Us (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Cleanses Us from All Sin (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Deliver Us (52 instances in 36 translations)
- Dwelt Among Us (1 instance in 13 translations)
- For Us (447 instances in 40 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Debts (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Sins (5 instances in 36 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Glory Which Shall Be Revealed in Us (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Heart Burn Within Us (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Hearts Burning Within Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hearts Condemn Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- If God So Loved Us (1 instance in 24 translations)
- If Our Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Leads Us in Triumph (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Let All the Earth Keep Silence (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Let Down Your Nets (1 instance in 23 translations)
- Let Him Hear (23 instances in 33 translations)
- Let Marriage Be Held In Honor (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Let My People Go (11 instances in 18 translations)
- Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled (2 instances in 20 translations)
- Let the Little Children Come (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Let the Reader Understand (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Let There Be (103 instances in 31 translations)
- Let Us Build (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Let Us Eat and Drink (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Let Us Reason Together (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Let Your Light So Shine (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Oath Betwixt Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Refined Us as Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Revive Us Again (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Show Us the Father (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Teach Us (11 instances in 38 translations)
- Tried Us As Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Unto Us a Child is Born (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Who Shall Separate Us (1 instance in 23 translations)