'Put on' in the Bible
So I have decided to build a temple to honor the Lord my God, as the Lord instructed my father David, 'Your son, whom I will put on your throne in your place, is the one who will build a temple to honor me.'
And two chapiters he hath made to put on the tops of the pillars, cast in brass; five cubits the height of the one chapiter, and five cubits the height of the second chapiter.
and he putteth the five bases on the right side of the house, and five on the left side of the house, and the sea he hath put on the right side of the house, eastward -- over-against the south.
Now at that time, when Jeroboam was going out of Jerusalem, the prophet Ahijah the Shilonite came across him on the road; now Ahijah had put on a new robe; and the two of them were by themselves in the open country.
"Your father made our yoke harsh. You, therefore, lighten your father's harsh service and the heavy yoke he put on us, and we will serve you."
He said to them, What do you advise that we answer this people who have said, Make the yoke your father put on us lighter?
And Jeroboam said to his wife, Now come, put on different clothing so that you may not seem to be the wife of Jeroboam, and go to Shiloh; see, Ahijah is there, the prophet who said I would be king over this people.
Then his servants said to him, It is said that the kings of Israel are full of mercy: let us then put on haircloth, and cords on our heads, and go to the king of Israel; it may be that he will give you your life.
So they put on haircloth, and cords on their heads, and came to the king of Israel and said, Your servant Ben-hadad says, Let me now keep my life. And he said, Is he still living? he is my brother.
Nevertheless, as soon as Ahab heard this message, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth, and fasted. He even slept in sackcloth and wandered around meekly.
And the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah sat each on his throne, having put on their robes, in a void place in the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets prophesied before them.
And the king of Israel saith unto Jehoshaphat to disguise himself, and to go into battle, 'And thou, put on thy garments.' And the king of Israel disguiseth himself, and goeth into battle.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (9)
- Exodus (32)
- Leviticus (34)
- Numbers (23)
- Deuteronomy (10)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (5)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (9)
- 2 Samuel (7)
- 1 Kings (13)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (10)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (4)
- Esther (6)
- Job (6)
- Psalm (24)
- Proverbs (2)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (14)
- Jeremiah (16)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (26)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (1)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Jonah (4)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (2)
- Zechariah (2)
- Be Put to Death (175 instances in 40 translations)
- In God I Have Put My Trust (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 16 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Forth (119 instances in 34 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Put In Trust With The Gospel (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Put Off (63 instances in 33 translations)
- Put Out of the Synagogue (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Put The Lord To The Test (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Put to Death (484 instances in 40 translations)
- Put to Shame (139 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)