'Put on' in the Bible
As it says in the holy Writings, I will put an end to the wisdom of the wise, and will put on one side the designs of those who have knowledge.
But the spiritual man tries all things [he examines, investigates, inquires into, questions, and discerns all things], yet is himself to be put on trial and judged by no one [he can read the meaning of everything, but no one can properly discern or appraise or get an insight into him].
But [as for me personally] it matters very little to me that I should be put on trial by you [on this point], and that you or any other human tribunal should investigate and question and cross-question me. I do not even put myself on trial and judge myself.
For it seems to me that God has put us the Apostles last of all, as men whose fate is death: for we are put on view to the world, and to angels, and to men.
And can you put on airs, instead of being overwhelmed with grief at having to expel from your number the man who has done this?
All this kept happening to them with a figurative meaning; but it was put on record by way of admonition to us upon whom the ends of the Ages have come.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not envious or boastful. It does not put on airs.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
On the first day of every week let each of you put on one side and store up at his home whatever gain has been granted to him; so that whenever I come, there may then be no collections going on.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (9)
- Exodus (32)
- Leviticus (34)
- Numbers (23)
- Deuteronomy (10)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (5)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (9)
- 2 Samuel (7)
- 1 Kings (13)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (10)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (4)
- Esther (6)
- Job (6)
- Psalm (24)
- Proverbs (2)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (14)
- Jeremiah (16)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (26)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (1)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Jonah (4)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (2)
- Zechariah (2)
- Be Put to Death (175 instances in 40 translations)
- In God I Have Put My Trust (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 16 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Forth (119 instances in 34 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Put In Trust With The Gospel (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Put Off (63 instances in 33 translations)
- Put Out of the Synagogue (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Put The Lord To The Test (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Put to Death (484 instances in 40 translations)
- Put to Shame (139 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)