'Put on' in the Bible
To be put on the list with Mary, his future wife, who was about to become a mother.
And he spake also a simile unto them -- 'No one a patch of new clothing doth put on old clothing, and if otherwise, the new also doth make a rent, and with the old the patch doth not agree, that is from the new.
And as he got out of the ship on the land, a certain man out of the city met him, who had demons a long time, and put on no clothes, and did not abide in a house, but in the tombs.
Saying, The Son of man will undergo much and be put on one side by the rulers and the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and be put to death, and on the third day he will come back to life.
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
How blessed are those servants whom the master finds watching for him when he comes! I tell all of you with certainty, he himself will put on an apron, make them sit down at the table, and go around and serve them.
And he answered and said to him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I dig about it, and put on manure;
But the father said unto his servants - Quick! bring forth a robe - the best! and put on him, and get out a ring for his hand, and sandals for his feet.
Of course not. Instead, he would say to him, "Get dinner ready for me, and put on your apron and wait on me until I eat and drink. Then you can eat and drink.'
But first, he will have to undergo much and be put on one side by this generation.
But he, looking on them, said, Is it not in the Writings, The stone which the builders put on one side, the same has become the chief stone of the building?
And Herod, with his soldiers, treated him with contempt, and mocked him, and put on him a splendid garment, and sent him back to Pilate.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (9)
- Exodus (32)
- Leviticus (34)
- Numbers (23)
- Deuteronomy (10)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (5)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (9)
- 2 Samuel (7)
- 1 Kings (13)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (10)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (4)
- Esther (6)
- Job (6)
- Psalm (24)
- Proverbs (2)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (14)
- Jeremiah (16)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (26)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (1)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Jonah (4)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (2)
- Zechariah (2)
- Be Put to Death (175 instances in 40 translations)
- In God I Have Put My Trust (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 16 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Forth (119 instances in 34 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Put In Trust With The Gospel (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Put Off (63 instances in 33 translations)
- Put Out of the Synagogue (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Put The Lord To The Test (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Put to Death (484 instances in 40 translations)
- Put to Shame (139 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)