'Worth' in the Bible
That he may give me the cave of Machpelah, which he hath, which is in the end of his field; for as much money as it is worth he shall give it me for a possession of a buryingplace amongst you.
My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.
Understand that the Lord has given you the Sabbath; therefore on the sixth day He will give you two days’ worth of bread. Each of you stay where you are; no one is to leave his place on the seventh day.”
"If a person consecrates his house to be holy to the LORD, then the priest is to set a value for it as to its worth, whether good or bad. As the priest sets value on it, so it will stand.
Then the priest shall reckon unto him the worth of thy estimation, even unto the year of the jubile: and he shall give thine estimation in that day, as a holy thing unto the LORD.
It shall not seem hard unto thee, when thou sendest him away free from thee; for he hath been worth a double hired servant to thee, in serving thee six years: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all that thou doest.
And now, my daughter, fear not: all that thou sayest will I do to thee; for all the gate of my people knows that thou art a woman of worth.
But the people answered, Thou shalt not go forth: for if we flee away, they will not care for us; neither if half of us die, will they care for us: but now thou art worth ten thousand of us: therefore now it is better that thou succour us out of the city.
He said, “What are these cities [good for] which you have given me, my brother?” So they have been called the land of Cabul (like nothing, unproductive) to this day.
And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money.
And there was a great famine in Samaria; and behold, they besieged it, until an ass's head was worth eighty silver-pieces, and the fourth part of a cab of dove's dung five silver-pieces.
So David paid Ornan 600 shekels weight worth in gold for the site,
Thus I weighed into their hands 650 talents of silver, and silver utensils worth 100 talents, and 100 gold talents,
20 gold bowls worth 1,000 gold coins, and two articles of fine gleaming bronze, as valuable as gold.
For my people and I have been sold out to destruction, death, and extermination. If we had merely been sold as male and female slaves, I would have kept silent. Indeed, the trouble wouldn’t be worth burdening the king.”
“He frustrates the devices and schemes of the crafty,So that their hands cannot attain success or achieve anything of [lasting] worth.
And place your gold in the dust,And the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks [considering it of little value],
And if it be not so now, who will make me a liar, and make my speech nothing worth?
Neither gold nor crystal can be compared with it, nor can a vase of gold match its worth.
Coral and quartz are not worth mentioning.The price of wisdom is beyond pearls.
They speak deceitful and worthless words to one another;With flattering lips and a double heart they speak.
For length of days and years of life [worth living]And tranquility and prosperity [the wholeness of life’s blessings] they will add to you.
The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth.
A woman of worth is a crown to her husband; but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
A woman of worth who doth find? Yea, far above rubies is her price.
What advantage does man have from all his workWhich he does under the sun (while earthbound)?
Put no more trust in man,who has only the breath in his nostrils.What is he really worth?
And on that dayevery place where there were 1,000 vines,worth 1,000 pieces of silver,will become thorns and briers.
He was despised and rejected by men,A Man of sorrows and pain and acquainted with grief;And like One from whom men hide their facesHe was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or esteem Him.
They are worthless and devoid of promise, a work of delusion and mockery;In their time of [trial and] punishment they will perish [without hope].
ב BetZion’s precious people—once worth their weight in pure gold—how they are regarded as clay jars,the work of a potter’s hands!
Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Howl ye, Woe worth the day!
You rejoice in nothing worth mentioning that is, you keep on saying, "We captured Karnaim by our own strength of will and by our own effort, didn't we?'
Look at the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?
So don’t be afraid therefore; you are worth more than many sparrows.
A man is worth far more than a sheep, so it is lawful to do what is good on the Sabbath.”
His disciples asked him, "If that is the relationship of a man with his wife, it's not worth getting married!"
“You give them something to eat,” He responded.They said to Him, “Should we go and buy 200 denarii worth of bread and give them something to eat?”
And a poor widow came and dropped in two tiny coins worth very little.
An argument started among them as to which of them might be the greatest [surpassing the others in esteem and authority].
Indeed, the hairs of your head are all counted. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows!
Consider the ravens: They don’t sow or reap; they don’t have a storeroom or a barn; yet God feeds them. Aren’t you worth much more than the birds?
saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish!’
“If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not valid.
Philip answered, “Two hundred denarii worth of bread wouldn’t be enough for each of them to have a little.”
Moreover, many people who had practiced occult arts gathered their books and burned them in front of everybody. They estimated their value and found them to have been worth 50,000 silver coins.
But I do not consider my life worth anything to myself, so that I may finish my task and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the good news of God's grace.
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or consider Him worth knowing [as their Creator], God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do things which are improper and repulsive,
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is going to be revealed to us.
each one’s work will be clearly shown [for what it is]; for the day [of judgment] will disclose it, because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality and character and worth of each person’s work.
For there must of necessity be differences of opinion among you, in order that it may be plainly seen who are the men of sterling worth among you.
And if it is worth while for me also to make the journey, they shall go as my companions.
but if to live in flesh is my lot, this is for me worth the while: and what I shall choose I cannot tell.
But you know his proven worth how like a son with his father he served with me in the gospel.
But more than that, I count everything as loss compared to the priceless privilege and supreme advantage of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord [and of growing more deeply and thoroughly acquainted with Him—a joy unequaled]. For His sake I have lost everything, and I consider it all garbage, so that I may gain Christ,
And just as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so also these false teachers withstand the truth--being, as they are, men of debased intellects, and of no real worth so far as faith is concerned.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Word (1640 instances in 13 translations)
- Word's (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Word-striving (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wording (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Words (1384 instances in 13 translations)
- Wordy (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wore (35 instances in 9 translations)
- Work (1093 instances in 13 translations)
- Work's (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Worked (226 instances in 11 translations)
- Worker (74 instances in 13 translations)
- Worker's (9 instances in 4 translations)
- Workers (121 instances in 13 translations)
- Workest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Worketh (50 instances in 4 translations)
- Workfellow (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Working (270 instances in 13 translations)
- Working-days (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Workings (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Workload (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Workman (25 instances in 11 translations)
- Workman's (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Workmanship (19 instances in 10 translations)
- Workmen (59 instances in 13 translations)
- Workmen's (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Works (419 instances in 13 translations)
- World (405 instances in 13 translations)
- World's (44 instances in 11 translations)
- World-like (1 instance in 1 translation)
- World-rulers (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Worldlings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Worldly (35 instances in 12 translations)
- Worldly-minded (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Worldly-wise (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Worlds (3 instances in 9 translations)
- Worldwide (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Worm (24 instances in 13 translations)
- Worms (24 instances in 13 translations)
- Wormwood (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Wormy (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Worn (59 instances in 10 translations)
- Worn-out (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Worried (17 instances in 7 translations)
- Worries (10 instances in 8 translations)
- Worry (34 instances in 7 translations)
- Worrying (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Worse (79 instances in 13 translations)
- Worship (503 instances in 13 translations)
- Worshiped (120 instances in 7 translations)
- Worshiper (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Worshiper's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Worshipers (20 instances in 8 translations)
- Worshipful (21 instances in 1 translation)
- Worshipfully (26 instances in 1 translation)
- Worshiping (48 instances in 6 translations)
- Worshipped (87 instances in 8 translations)
- Worshipper (15 instances in 7 translations)
- Worshippers (45 instances in 8 translations)
- Worshippeth (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Worshipping (51 instances in 7 translations)
- Worships (11 instances in 8 translations)
- Worst (9 instances in 12 translations)
- Worsted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Worthies (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Worthiest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Worthily (11 instances in 7 translations)
- Worthiness (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Worthless (150 instances in 11 translations)
- Worthlessly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Worthlessness (23 instances in 5 translations)
- Worthwhile (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Worthy (127 instances in 12 translations)
- A Good Woman
- Beauty And Self Worth
- God Is Worthy
- God's Trustworthiness
- In Men's Presence
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Life That Is Worth Living
- Price Of People
- Self Worth