'High Priest' in the Bible
How he went into the House of God, in the time of Abiathar the High Priest, and ate 'the consecrated bread,' which only the priests are allowed to eat, and gave some to his comrades as well?"
Then he explained to them for the first time that the Son of Man must go through much suffering, and be refused by the elders and the high priests and the scribes, and be killed, and rise again three days after.
"Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and the son of man shall be delivered unto the high priests and unto the scribes: and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the gentiles,
And the scribes and high priests heard it and sought how to destroy him. For they feared him, because all the people marveled at his doctrine.
And they came again to Jerusalem. And as he walked in the temple, there came to him the high priests, and the scribes, and the elders,
Now the feast of the Passover and of Unleavened Bread was two days later. So the high priests and scribes kept looking for some way to arrest Him by stratagem and have Him put to death,
Now Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went away to the high priests to betray Jesus to them;
At that instant, while he was yet speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, came up, and with him a mob armed with swords and clubs, sent by the high priests and Scribes and elders.
But one of those standing there drew his sword and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his ear.
And they led Jesus away to the high priest; and there come together with him all the high priests and the elders and the scribes.
And Peter followed him at a distance, till he was within the court of the high priest's palace; and he was sitting with the officers and warming himself in the light of the fire.
The high priests and the whole council tried to get evidence against Jesus in order to put him to death, and they could find none,
And neither so was their evidence sufficient. Then the high priest standing up in the midst,
The high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, "Have you no answer? What is it which these testify against you?"
But he was silent and did not answer. Again the high priest questioned him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"
Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, What further need do we have of witnesses?
And Peter being in the court, one of the maidservants of the high priest comes down;
As soon as it was down, after the high priests had conferred with the elders and the whole Sanhedrin, they bound Jesus, and took him away, and handed him over to Pilate.
And the high priests accused him of many things.
For he recognized that it was through spite that the high priests had handed him over.
But the high priests stirred up the crowd to get him to release Barabbas for them instead.
The high priests too made sport of him to one another with the scribes and said, "He saved others, but he cannot save himself!
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Chief Priest (158 instances in 34 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Priest Forever (9 instances in 24 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Aaron, Priestly Responsibilities
- Anointing Priests
- Chief priests
- Christ, The High Priest
- Corrupt Priests
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Deposed Priests
- Few Priests
- Food For Priests Defined
- God On High
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Jesus Christ, Priesthood
- Killing Priests
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Priesthood, In Nt
- Priesthood, In Ot
- Priestly Inheritance
- Priests Atoning
- Priests Garments
- Priests In Action
- Priests Possessing
- Priests, Function In Ot Times
- Priests, Institution In Ot Times
- Priests, Tasks In Nt Times
- Priests, Types Of In Nt Times
- Royal Priesthood
- Sacrificing On The High Places
- The Chief Priests Condemning Christ
- The Chief Priests Convened
- The Most High
- Things On High
- Unnamed Priests
- Handing Over Christ
- Opposition To Christ From Scribes
- Teachers Of The Law
- Christ Would Be Killed
- 10 more topics on High
- 25 more topics on Priest