'High Priest' in the Bible
And while they [Peter and John] were talking to the people, the high priests and the military commander of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,
And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.
After their release the two Apostles went to their friends, and told them all that the High Priests and Elders had said.
Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,
And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought.
Now when the high priest and the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them whereunto this would grow.
And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
Then said the high priest, Are these things so?
And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
went to the High Priest and begged from him letters addressed to the synagogues in Damascus, in order that if he found any believers there, either men or women, he might bring them in chains to Jerusalem.
Now he is here and has authority from the high priests to put in chains all who call upon Your name.
He lost no time in preaching throughout the synagogues that Jesus was the Son of God ??21 to the amazement of all his hearers, who said, "Is this not the man who in Jerusalem harried those who invoke this Name, the man who came here for the express purpose of carrying them all in chains to the high priests?"
and his hearers were all amazed, and began to ask one another, "Is not this the man who in Jerusalem tried to exterminate those who called upon that Name, and came here on purpose to carry them off in chains to the High Priests?"
And there were certain men, seven sons of Sceva, Jewish high priest, who were doing this.
And I persecuted this way to the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women: As likewise the high priest is my witness, and all the estate of the elders:
As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.
The next day, wishing to know exactly what charge was being brought against him by the Jews, the Tribune ordered his chains to be removed; and, having sent word to the High Priests and all the Sanhedrin to assemble, he brought Paul down and made him stand before them.
And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
They went to the High Priests and Elders and said to them, "We have bound ourselves under a heavy curse to take no food till we have killed Paul.
And after five days Ananias the high priest descended with the elders, and with a certain orator named Tertullus, who informed the governor against Paul.
Then the high priest and the chief of the Jews informed him against Paul, and besought him,
about whom, when I went to Jerusalem, the High Priests and the Elders of the Jews made representations to me, begging that sentence might be pronounced against him.
And that was how I acted in Jerusalem. Armed with authority received from the High Priests I shut up many of God's people in various prisons, and when they were about to be put to death I gave my vote against them.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Chief Priest (158 instances in 34 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Priest Forever (9 instances in 24 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Aaron, Priestly Responsibilities
- Anointing Priests
- Chief priests
- Christ, The High Priest
- Corrupt Priests
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Deposed Priests
- Few Priests
- Food For Priests Defined
- God On High
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Jesus Christ, Priesthood
- Killing Priests
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Priesthood, In Nt
- Priesthood, In Ot
- Priestly Inheritance
- Priests Atoning
- Priests Garments
- Priests In Action
- Priests Possessing
- Priests, Function In Ot Times
- Priests, Institution In Ot Times
- Priests, Tasks In Nt Times
- Priests, Types Of In Nt Times
- Royal Priesthood
- Sacrificing On The High Places