'High Priest' in the Bible
The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things about him: Wherefore the Pharisees and high priests sent ministers forth to take him.
The officers, therefore, came to the high priests and Pharisees, and they said to them, "Why did ye not bring Him?"
So the high priests and the Pharisees assembled the Council and said, "What are we going to do? This man is performing many signs.
But a certain one of them, Caiaphas, being high priest that year, said to them, Ye know nothing
Now he didn't say this of himself, but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation,
And both the high priests and Pharisees had given commandment, if any one should know where He is, he should communicate it, in order that they might arrest Him.
But the high priests consulted, that they might slay Lazarus also;
So after procuring troops and some attendants belonging to the high priests and the Pharisees, Judas went there with lanterns and torches and weapons.
Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, pulled it out and struck the high priest's slave, cutting off his right ear. (Now the slave's name was Malchus.)
And they led Him away to Annas first, for he was father-in-law to Caiaphas, who was the high priest that year.
And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple: that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest.
But Peter took his stand outside, near the door. So the other disciple who was known to the high priest came out and spoke to the doorkeeper and brought Peter in.
Then the high priest questioned Jesus about his disciples and about his own teaching.
When He had said this, one of the officers standing nearby struck Jesus, saying, "Is that the way You answer the high priest?"
Annas sent him bound to Caiaphas the High Priest.
one of the servants of the high priest, kinsman to him whose ear Peter struck off, said, did not I see thee in the garden with him?
Pilate answered, "Am I a Jew? Thy own nation, and the high priests delivered Thee up to me: what didst Thou do?"
Now when the high priests and their attendants saw him, they yelled, "Crucify him, crucify him!" Pilate said, "Take him and crucify him yourselves! I find nothing wrong about him."
They, therefore, cried out, "Away with Him! away with Him! Crucify Him!" Pilate says to them, "Shall I crucify your King?" The high priests answered, We have no king but Caesar!"
The high priests responded, "We have no king but Caesar!" Then Pilate handed him over to be crucified, and they took Jesus away.
So the high priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "You must not write, 'The king of the Jews,' but write, 'He said, I am the king of the Jews.'"
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Chief Priest (158 instances in 34 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Priest Forever (9 instances in 24 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Aaron, Priestly Responsibilities
- Anointing Priests
- Chief priests
- Christ, The High Priest
- Corrupt Priests
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Deposed Priests
- Few Priests
- Food For Priests Defined
- God On High
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Jesus Christ, Priesthood
- Killing Priests
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Priesthood, In Nt
- Priesthood, In Ot
- Priestly Inheritance
- Priests Atoning
- Priests Garments
- Priests In Action
- Priests Possessing
- Priests, Function In Ot Times
- Priests, Institution In Ot Times