'Lifted Up' in the Bible
Rise, O Jehovah, in Thine anger, Be lifted up at the wrath of mine adversaries, And awake Thou for me: Judgment Thou hast commanded:
Have mercy on me, O Lord, and see how I am troubled by my haters; let me be lifted up from the doors of death;
For the evil-doer is lifted up because of the purpose of his heart, and he whose mind is fixed on wealth is turned away from the Lord, saying evil against him.
How long shall I take counsel in my heart having sorrow in my heart daily? How long shall my enemy be lifted up over me?
He hath not slandered by his tongue, He hath not done to his friend evil; And reproach he hath not lifted up Against his neighbour.
Thou wilt save the humble people, and thou wilt humble the eyes of the lifted up.
He makes me free from my haters; I am lifted up over those who come up against me: you have made me free from the violent man.
They are bent down and made low; but we have been lifted up.
Be lifted up, O Lord, in your strength; so will we make songs in praise of your power.
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; And be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors: And the King of glory will come in.
Lift up, O gates, your heads, And be lifted up, O doors age-during, And come in doth the king of glory!
To you, O Lord, my soul is lifted up.
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
Give ear to the voice of my prayer, when I am crying to you, when my hands are lifted up to your holy place.
Because they have no respect for the works of the Lord, or for the things which his hands have made, they will be broken down and not lifted up by him.
Be a saviour to your people, and send a blessing on your heritage: be their guide, and let them be lifted up for ever.
I will give you praise and honour, O Lord, because through you I have been lifted up; you have not given my haters cause to be glad over me.
Let all those who take pleasure in my troubles be shamed and come to nothing: let those who are lifted up against me be covered with shame and have no honour.
There the workers of evil have come down: they have been made low, and will not be lifted up.
Be waiting for the Lord, and keep his way; and you will be lifted up, and have the land for your heritage: when the evil-doers are cut off, you will see it.
Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
Be at peace in the knowledge that I am God: I will be lifted up among the nations, I will be honoured through all the earth.
The rulers of the peoples have come together, with the people of the God of Abraham; because the powers of the earth are God's: he is lifted up on high.
Even of those whose faith is in their wealth, and whose hearts are lifted up because of their stores.
O God, be lifted up higher than the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.
Be lifted up, O God, higher than the heavens, let your glory be over all the earth.
Thou hast given to those fearing thee an ensign. To be lifted up as an ensign Because of truth. Selah.
From the end of the earth I will call to thee, in the fainting of my heart: thou wilt lead me into the rock it will be lifted up above me.
My voice went up to him, and I was lifted up from the underworld.
Make clear that strength is God's: he is lifted up over Israel, and his power is in the clouds.
Take me from the grip of the sticky earth, so that I may not go down into it; let me be lifted up from the deep waters.
But I am poor and full of sorrow; let me be lifted up by your salvation, O Lord.
A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees.
I say to the men of pride, Let your pride be gone: and to the sinners, Let not your horn be lifted up.
Let not your horn be lifted up: let no more words of pride come from your outstretched necks.
All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; But the horns of the righteous shall be lifted up.
In my day of trouble I sought the Lord. My hands were lifted up all night long; I refused to be comforted.
For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
In your name will they have joy all the day: in your righteousness will they be lifted up.
For you are the glory of their strength; in your pleasure will our horn be lifted up.
Then You spoke in a vision to Your holy one, and You said, I have laid help on a mighty one; I have lifted up a chosen one out of the people.
But my faith and my mercy will be with him; and in my name will his horn be lifted up.
You have lifted up the right hand of his adversaries; you have made all his enemies to rejoice.
Remember, O Jehovah, the reproach of thy servants; I lifted up in my bosom all the multitudes of peoples;
You have lifted up my horn like that of a wild ox; I have been anointed with oil.
The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves.
Be lifted up, O Judge of the earth, Send back a recompence on the proud.
For you, Lord, are most high over the earth; you are lifted up over all other gods.
Therefore he lifted up his hand against them, to overthrow them in the wilderness:
For He spoke and raised up a stormy wind, Which lifted up the waves of the sea.
Be lifted up, O God, above the heavens; and Your glory above all the earth;
He has given with open hands to the poor; his righteousness is for ever; his horn will be lifted up with honour.
The right hand of the Lord is lifted up; the right hand of the Lord does works of power.
My eyes are lifted up to the hills: O where will my help come from?
A Song of the Ascents. Unto Thee I have lifted up mine eyes, O dweller in the heavens.
He going, shall go; and weeping he lifted up the drawing of the seed: coming, he shall come with joy, lifting up his sheaves.
Lord, there is no pride in my heart and my eyes are not lifted up; and I have not taken part in great undertakings, or in things over-hard for me.
For the LORD, who is high and lifted up, looks upon the humble, but the proud he does not know.
Who exchange Thee for wickedness, Lifted up to vanity are Thine enemies.
Are not your haters hated by me, O Lord? are not those who are lifted up against you a cause of grief to me?
Thou wilt not give, O Jehovah, the desires of the unjust one: thou wilt not bring forth his device; they will be lifted up. Silence.
Cause me to hear in the morning Thy kindness, For in Thee I have trusted, Cause me to know the way that I go, For unto Thee I have lifted up my soul.
Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is lifted up; his majesty transcends earth and heaven.
And he hath lifted up the horn of his people, The praise of all his saints; Even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye Jehovah.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (26)
- Exodus (24)
- Leviticus (16)
- Numbers (28)
- Deuteronomy (10)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (5)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (10)
- 2 Samuel (14)
- 1 Kings (9)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (12)
- Ezra (5)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Esther (1)
- Job (24)
- Psalm (65)
- Proverbs (17)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (64)
- Jeremiah (24)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (43)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (3)
- Amos (3)
- Micah (4)
- Nahum (2)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Zechariah (12)
- Malachi (1)
- Bind Up The Brokenhearted (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Bore Up (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Build Up Your Throne (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Caught Up into Paradise (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Death is Swallowed Up (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Delivered Up to Be Crucified (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Folly Is Bound Up (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Foolishness is Bound Up (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Get Him Up (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Gird Up the Loins (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Going Up to Jerusalem (14 instances in 36 translations)
- Gone Up To Heaven (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Hatred Stirs Up Strife (1 instance in 8 translations)
- He Was Taken Up (9 instances in 39 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- Knowledge Puffs Up (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Laid Up for You in Heaven (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Lay Up for Yourselves (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Lift Up His Eyes (21 instances in 19 translations)
- Lift Up My Eyes (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Lift Up My Soul (3 instances in 15 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lift Up Your Eyes (15 instances in 32 translations)
- Lift Up Your Heads (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Lift Up Your Voice (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Lifted Up from the Earth (6 instances in 35 translations)
- Lifted Up His Eyes (23 instances in 30 translations)
- Lifted Up the Serpent (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Lifted Up Their Voice (16 instances in 32 translations)
- Lifted Up Their Voices (14 instances in 19 translations)
- Lofty And Lifted Up (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Looked Up (145 instances in 39 translations)
- Looking Up Toward Heaven (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Lord Had Shut Up Her Womb (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Love Builds Up (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Not Give Up (39 instances in 24 translations)
- Offer Up Spiritual Sacrifices (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Offered Up Isaac (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Raise Him Up (19 instances in 36 translations)
- Raise Up the Name of the Dead (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Raised Up a Deliverer (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Received Up in Glory (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Rolled Up Like a Scroll (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Seal Up (17 instances in 38 translations)
- Shut Thou Up (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Spirit Lifted Me Up (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Spirit Took Me Up (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Stirs Up Dissension (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Stirs Up Strife (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Swallow Up Death (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Take Up a Lamentation (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Take Up His Cross (7 instances in 37 translations)
- Take Up the Cross (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Taken Up In Glory (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Up to Half My Kingdom (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Went Up To Heaven (6 instances in 27 translations)