'Set Apart' in the Bible
[it is being sent] to the church of God at Corinth. [You people are] set apart in [the fellowship of] Christ Jesus and called [by God] to be saints [i.e., His holy people], along with all [others] everywhere who call on our Lord Jesus Christ [i.e., in prayer]. He is their Lord and ours [as well].
If any person destroys God's Temple, God will destroy him. For God's Temple is holy [i.e., set apart for His service], and you people are His [holy] Temple.
And such some of you were [once]. But you were washed clean (purified by a complete atonement for sin and made free from the guilt of sin), and you were consecrated (set apart, hallowed), and you were justified [pronounced righteous, by trusting] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the [Holy] Spirit of our God.
For the unbelieving husband is set apart (separated, withdrawn from heathen contamination, and affiliated with the Christian people) by union with his consecrated (set-apart) wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart and separated through union with her consecrated husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean (unblessed heathen, outside the Christian covenant), but as it is they are prepared for God [pure and clean].
And he is drawn in diverging directions [his interests are divided and he is distracted from his devotion to God]. And the unmarried woman or girl is concerned and anxious about the matters of the Lord, how to be wholly separated and set apart in body and spirit; but the married woman has her cares [centered] in earthly affairs -- "how she may please her husband.
And each one of them [allowed himself also] to be baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea [they were thus brought under obligation to the Law, to Moses, and to the covenant, consecrated and set apart to the service of God];
every sabbath-day let every one of you set apart something of what he has happily gain'd, for the common treasury, that there may be no collection when I come.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Apart from the Law (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Set A Guard (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Set A Watch (5 instances in 15 translations)
- Set Apart For Me (4 instances in 12 translations)
- Set at Liberty (10 instances in 26 translations)
- Set Me Apart (3 instances in 18 translations)
- Set My Feet Upon a Rock (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Set My Name There (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Set on Fire (29 instances in 36 translations)
- Set Your Face Against (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Set Your House in Order (2 instances in 6 translations)
- You Have Been Set Apart (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goal Setting
- God Sets Boundaries
- Holiness, As Set Apart For God
- People Set Free By People
- Price Set On Individuals
- Setting Out
- Setting Up The Bronze Altar
- Settling Accounts
- Baptism, significance of
- Giving Money To The Church
- Holiness, Believers' Growth In
- Sanctification, Nature And Basis