'Death' in the Bible
Let us overcome them living, like the underworld, and in their strength, as those who go down to death;
For the turning back of the simple from teaching will be the cause of their death, and the peace of the foolish will be their destruction.
For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead.
For length of days and years of a life [worth living] and tranquility [inward and outward and continuing through old age till death], these shall they add to you.
Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.
The simple man goes after her, like an ox going to its death, like a roe pulled by a cord;
For she has brought many down to death; her victims are countless.
Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
She has put her fat beasts to death; her wine is mixed, her table is ready.
Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death.
The lips of the upright man give food to men, but the foolish come to death for need of sense.
Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
In the death of a wicked man, hope perisheth, And the expectation of the iniquitous hath been lost.
When things go well for the upright man, all the town is glad; at the death of sinners, there are cries of joy.
As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.
No matter how many covenants he has made with death, the wicked shall not be absolved, but the seed of the righteous shall escape.
In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.
A rich man can buy his way out of threatened death by paying a ransom, but the poor man does not even have to listen to threats [from the envious].
The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
There is bitter punishment for him who is turned from the way; and death will be the fate of the hater of teaching.
Death and Destruction are before the Lord -- how much more the hearts of humans!
The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but a wise man will pacify it.
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
He who keeps the law keeps his soul; but death will be the fate of him who takes no note of the word.
Chastise thy son, for there is hope, And to put him to death lift not up thy soul.
The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.
The desire of the sluggard puts him to death, For his hands refuse to work;
The hater of work says, There is a lion outside: I will be put to death in the streets.
Do not keep back training from the child: for even if you give him blows with the rod, it will not be death to him.
If you strike him with the rod, you will deliver him from death.
If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death,
As Death and Destruction are never satisfied, so the eyes of a person are never satisfied.
A man burdened by bloodguilt will be a fugitive until death. Let no one help him.
I have made request to you for two things; do not keep them from me before my death:
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (80)
- Exodus (64)
- Leviticus (71)
- Numbers (81)
- Deuteronomy (70)
- Joshua (38)
- Judges (60)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (70)
- 2 Samuel (79)
- 1 Kings (67)
- 2 Kings (65)
- 1 Chronicles (34)
- 2 Chronicles (58)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Esther (18)
- Job (40)
- Psalm (76)
- Proverbs (41)
- Ecclesiastes (13)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (42)
- Jeremiah (95)
- Lamentations (8)
- Ezekiel (77)
- Daniel (9)
- Hosea (6)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (5)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (5)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Zechariah (5)
- Matthew (59)
- Mark (40)
- Luke (58)
- John (43)
- Acts (62)
- Romans (49)
- 1 Corinthians (26)
- 2 Corinthians (16)
- Galatians (7)
- Ephesians (5)
- Philippians (6)
- Colossians (4)
- 1 Thessalonians (6)
- 2 Thessalonians (1)
- 1 Timothy (3)
- 2 Timothy (2)
- Hebrews (26)
- James (7)
- 1 Peter (3)
- 2 Peter (3)
- 1 John (5)
- Revelation (39)
- Deacon (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Deacon's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deaconesses (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deacons (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Dead (781 instances in 14 translations)
- Deaden (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deadened (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deadening (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Deadly (49 instances in 13 translations)
- Deadly-wounded (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deadness (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Deaf (26 instances in 13 translations)
- Deafen (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Deafening (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deafens (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deafness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deal (223 instances in 13 translations)
- Dealer (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Dealers (16 instances in 10 translations)
- Dealest (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Dealeth (19 instances in 4 translations)
- Dealing (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Dealings (19 instances in 13 translations)
- Deals (44 instances in 12 translations)
- Dealt (136 instances in 13 translations)
- Dear (168 instances in 13 translations)
- Dearer (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Dearest (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Dearly (43 instances in 12 translations)
- Dearly-loved (20 instances in 1 translation)
- Dearth (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Dearths (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dearworthy (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deat (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Death's (8 instances in 3 translations)
- Death-bringing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Death-burdened (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Death-shade (17 instances in 1 translation)
- Death-stroke (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Deathless (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deathly (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Deaths (17 instances in 12 translations)