'Going' in the Bible
And a river is going out from Eden to water the garden, and from thence it is parted, and hath become four chief rivers;
and the name of the third river is Hiddekel, it is that which is going east of Asshur; and the fourth river is Phrat.
Then God said to Noah, "I have decided to put an end to all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence because of them; therefore I am going to destroy them along with the earth.
And turn back do the waters from off the earth, going on and returning; and the waters are lacking at the end of a hundred and fifty days.
and the waters have been going and becoming lacking till the tenth month; in the tenth month, on the first of the month, appeared the heads of the mountains.
and he sendeth forth the raven, and it goeth out, going out and turning back till the drying of the waters from off the earth.
and with every living creature which is with you, among fowl, among cattle, and among every beast of the earth with you, from all who are going out of the ark -- to every beast of the earth.
And the sons of Noah who are going out of the ark are Shem, and Ham, and Japheth; and Ham is father of Canaan.
The Canaanite border went from Sidon going toward Gerar as far as Gaza, and going toward Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, as far as Lasha.
The LORD told Abram, "You are to leave your land, your relatives, and your father's house and go to the land that I'm going to show you.
And Abram goeth on, as Jehovah hath spoken unto him, and Lot goeth with him, and Abram is a son of five and seventy years in his going out from Charan.
And Abram journeyed, going on still toward the south.
And also to Lot, who is going with Abram, there hath been sheep and oxen and tents;
because I'm going to give you and your descendants all of the land that you see forever!
Get up! Walk throughout the length and breadth of the land, because I'm going to give it to you."
And separating his forces by night, he overcame them, putting them to flight and going after them as far as Hobah, which is on the north side of Damascus.
And Abram saith, 'Lord Jehovah, what dost Thou give to me, and I am going childless? and an acquired son in my house is Demmesek Eliezer.'
Look!" Abram said, "You haven't given me any offspring, so a servant born in my house is going to be my heir."
And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.
He said, "Hagar, slave of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?" She replied, "I'm running away from my mistress Sarai."
I'm going to cause you to have many descendants, and I'll bring nations from you. Kings will come from you.
And I will give to you and to your posterity after you the land in which you are a stranger [going from place to place], all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
God said, "No, Sarah your wife is going to bear you a son, and you will name him Isaac. I will confirm my covenant with him as a perpetual covenant for his descendants after him.
That's why Sarah laughed to herself, thinking, "After I'm so old and my husband is old, too, am I going to have sex?"
The LORD asked Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and think, "Am I really going to bear a child, since I'm so old?'
And the men rise from thence, and look on the face of Sodom, and Abraham is going with them to send them away;
And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham [My friend and servant] what I am going to do,
I'm going down to see whether they've acted according to the protests that have reached me. If not, I wish to know."
But they replied, "Get out of the way! This man came here as a foreigner, and now he's acting like a judge! So we're going to deal more harshly with you than with them." Then they pushed hard against the man (that is, against Lot), intending to break down the door.
because we're going to destroy it. Their outcry has come to the attention of the LORD, so he sent us here to destroy it!"
So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were going to marry his daughters. "Get up," he said. "Get out of this place, for the Lord is about to destroy the city!" But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.
As dawn was breaking, the angels pressured Lot. "Get going!" they told him. "Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be engulfed by the devastation that's coming to this city."
He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah and all the land of the plain, and he saw that smoke was going up from the land like the smoke of a furnace.
Behold, I am standing by the spring of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are going out to draw water.
The woman was very beautiful, young, and had not had sexual relations with a man. Going down to the spring, she filled her jug and turned for home.
And said, Blessed be the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, Who has not left my master bereft and destitute of His loving-kindness and steadfastness. As for me, going on the way [of obedience and faith] the Lord led me to the house of my master's kinsmen.
And I come to-day unto the fountain, and I say, Jehovah, God of my lord Abraham, if Thou art, I pray Thee, making prosperous my way in which I am going --
Now, if you are going to show kindness and faithfulness to my master, tell me; if not, tell me, and I will go elsewhere."
Now Isaac had come from going to Beer-lahai-roi; for he was living in the Negev.
and they tabernacle from Havilah unto Shur, which is before Egypt, in thy going towards Asshur; in the presence of all his brethren hath he fallen.
But the children struggled inside her, and she said, "If it is going to be like this, I'm not so sure I want to be pregnant!" So she asked the Lord,
And Esau saith, 'Lo, I am going to die, and what is this to me -- birthright?'
I'm going to do this because Abraham did what I told him to do. He kept my instructions, commands, statutes, and laws."
and the man is great, and goeth on, going on and becoming great, till that he hath been very great,
where one night the LORD appeared to him. "I am the God of your father Abraham," he told him. "Don't be afraid, because I'm with you. I'm going to bless you and multiply your descendants on account of my servant Abraham."
And it cometh to pass, as Isaac hath finished blessing Jacob, and Jacob is only just going out from the presence of Isaac his father, that Esau his brother hath come in from his hunting;
In response, Isaac told Esau, "Look! I've predicted that he's going to become your master, and I've assigned all his brothers to be his servants. What then can I do for you, my son?"
So Esau harbored animosity toward Jacob because of the way his father had blessed him. Esau kept saying to himself, "The time to mourn for my father is very near. That's when I'm going to kill my brother Jacob."
And he dreamed: A stairway was set on the ground with its top reaching heaven, and God's angels were going up and down on it.
Your descendants are going to become like the dust of the earth and spread out to the west, east, north, and south. All the families of the earth will be blessed through you and your descendants.
Now pay attention! I'm here with you, and I'm going to be watching over you wherever you go. I'm going to bring you back to this land, because I won't ever leave you until I've accomplished what I've promised about you."
And Jacob voweth a vow, saying, 'Seeing God is with me, and hath kept me in this way which I am going, and hath given to me bread to eat, and a garment to put on --
Rachel noticed that she was not bearing children for Jacob, so because she envied her sister Leah, she told Jacob, "If you don't give me sons, I'm going to die!"
What you had previously was only a few head, but the herd has now multiplied, because the LORD has blessed you through my efforts. But now, when am I going to be able to provide for my own household?"
And it cometh to pass at the time of the flock conceiving, that I lift up mine eyes and see in a dream, and lo, the he-goats, which are going up on the flock, are ring-streaked, speckled, and grisled;
And He saith, Lift up, I pray thee, thine eyes, and see -- all the he-goats which are going up on the flock are ring-streaked, speckled, and grisled, for I have seen all that Laban is doing to thee;
And now, it seems, you are going because your heart's desire is for your father's house; but why have you taken my gods?
Now, you promised me that "I'm certainly going to cause things to go well with you, and I'm going to make your offspring as numerous as the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.'"
And he told the first one: "When my brother Esau meets you and asks, 'Who do you belong to? Where are you going? And whose [animals] are these ahead of you?'
And he commandeth also the second, also the third, also all who are going after the droves, saying, 'According to this manner do ye speak unto Esau in your finding him,
You are to also say, 'Look, your servant Jacob is right behind us.' " For he thought, "I want to appease Esau with the gift that is going ahead of me. After that, I can face him, and perhaps he will forgive me."
And while he was going past Peniel, the sun came up. And he went with unequal steps because of his damaged leg.
And he himself, going before them, went down on his face to the earth seven times till he came near his brother.
The sons of Jacob answered Shechem and Hamor his father deceitfully, [justifying their intended action by saying, in effect, we are going to do this] because Shechem had defiled and disgraced their sister Dinah.
But if you won't listen to us, then we're going to take our daughter and leave."
And unto Hamor, and unto Shechem his son, hearken do all those going out of the gate of his city, and every male is circumcised, all those going out of the gate of his city.
Then Jacob told Simeon and Levi, "You have certainly stirred up trouble for me! You've made me despised by the Canaanites and the Perizzites who live in this territory. Because I have only a few men with me, they're going to gather themselves together and attack me until I am totally destroyed, along with my entire household!"
While she was suffering due to her difficult labor, the midwife told her, "Don't fear! You're going to have another son."
And it cometh to pass in the going out of her soul (for she died), that she calleth his name Ben-Oni; and his father called him Benjamin;
"Are you really going to reign over us?" his brothers asked him. "Are you really going to rule us?" So they hated him even more because of his dream and what he had said.
He told his father and brothers, but his father rebuked him. "What kind of dream is this that you have had?" he said. "Are your mother and brothers and I going to bow down to the ground before you?"
And Israel instructed Joseph, "Your brothers are tending the flock in Shechem. Come here, because I'm going to send you to them." "Here I am!" he responded.
And they sat down to eat bread: and they lifted up their eyes and looked, and, behold, a company of Ishmeelites came from Gilead with their camels bearing spicery and balm and myrrh, going to carry it down to Egypt.
He went back to his brothers and said, "The boy is gone! What am I going to do?"
Tamar was told, "Your father-in-law is going up to Timnah to shear his sheep."
Israel's sons went in a caravan that included others who were going to Egypt to buy grain, because the famine pervaded the land of Canaan, too.
But the man who was in charge of the land responded, "I'm going to test your honesty. Leave one of your brothers with me, take some grain for the famine that's afflicting your households, and leave.
Their father Jacob told them, "You're causing me to lose my children! Joseph is gone. Now Simeon is gone, and you're planning to take Benjamin, too. Everything's going against me!"
But Jacob replied, "My son isn't going back with you, since his brother is dead and he's the only one left. If something should harm him as you travel, then it'll be death for me and my sad, gray hair!"
But if you don't send him, we're not going, because the man told us, "You'll never see my face unless your brother is with you.'"
Then Judah said to Israel, his father, Send the boy with me, and let us be up and going, so that we and you and our little ones may not come to destruction.
Since the men had heard that they were going to eat a meal there, they prepared their gift for Joseph's arrival at noon.
That's because this famine has been going on for two years now in this region, and there are still five years left, during which there won't be any plowing or harvesting.
"It's enough," Israel replied. "My son Joseph is still alive. I'm going to go see him before I die!"
"I'm God, your father's God. Don't be afraid to move down to Egypt, because I'm going to turn you into a mighty nation there.
I'm going down with you to Egypt, and I'm certainly going to bring you back again. And Joseph himself will be with you when you die."
He told me, "Pay attention! I'm going to make you fruitful and numerous. I'm going to build you into a vast nation of people and then I'll give this land to your descendants for an eternal possession.'
But his father refused. "I know," he said. "I know. He's going to produce a large nation, and he's going to be very great. However, his younger brother will become even greater than he, and his descendants will become a multitude of nations."
After this, Jacob called his sons together and told them, "Assemble yourselves around me so I can tell you all what is going to happen to you in the last days.
Unstable as water, thou shalt not be principal because thou didst go up to thy father's bed; then thou became defiled, going up to my couch.
As soon as the Canaanites who lived in the land observed the mourning going on at Atad's threshing floor, they commented "This is a significant time of mourning for the Egyptians." That's why the place, which is located beyond the Jordan River, became known as Abel-mizraim.
And Joseph turneth back to Egypt, he and his brethren, and all who are going up with him to bury his father, after his burying his father.
Later, Joseph told his brothers, "I'm going to die soon, but God will certainly provide for you and bring you up from this land to the land that he promised with an oath to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."
So Joseph made all of Israel's other children make this promise: "Because God is certainly going to take care of you, you are to carry my bones up from here."
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (94)
- Exodus (69)
- Leviticus (18)
- Numbers (67)
- Deuteronomy (63)
- Joshua (46)
- Judges (63)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (60)
- 2 Samuel (63)
- 1 Kings (53)
- 2 Kings (42)
- 1 Chronicles (18)
- 2 Chronicles (32)
- Ezra (11)
- Nehemiah (17)
- Esther (4)
- Job (20)
- Psalm (36)
- Proverbs (24)
- Ecclesiastes (14)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (48)
- Jeremiah (116)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (177)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (11)
- Joel (5)
- Amos (10)
- Jonah (4)
- Micah (5)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (2)
- Zechariah (26)
- Malachi (7)
- Go-between (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Goad (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Goading (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Goads (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Goah (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Goal (17 instances in 10 translations)
- Goals (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Goat (103 instances in 13 translations)
- Goat's (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Goat-demon (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goat-demons (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Goat-idols (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goatlike (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goats (148 instances in 14 translations)
- Goatskin (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goatskins (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Gobble (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Gobbled (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Goblet (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Goblet-cup (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Goblets (7 instances in 5 translations)
- God (4986 instances in 14 translations)
- God (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-appointed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- God-assigned (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-breathed (1 instance in 4 translations)
- God-fearers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-fearing (17 instances in 7 translations)
- God-forsaken (2 instances in 8 translations)
- God-given (5 instances in 3 translations)
- God-haters (1 instance in 2 translations)
- God-king (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-ordained (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-sows (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-taught (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-ward (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Godasked (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goddess (33 instances in 14 translations)
- Godhead (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Godless (38 instances in 10 translations)
- Godlessness (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Godlike (19 instances in 14 translations)
- Godlikewise (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Godliness (21 instances in 12 translations)
- Godly (167 instances in 13 translations)
- Godspeed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Goes (574 instances in 11 translations)
- Goest (80 instances in 5 translations)
- Goeth (726 instances in 4 translations)
- Gofer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goim (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goings (49 instances in 10 translations)
- Gold (443 instances in 14 translations)
- Gold-colored (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Gold-embroidered (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Gold-plated (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Golden (120 instances in 13 translations)
- Goldsmith (7 instances in 11 translations)
- Goldsmith's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goldsmiths (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Gone (1291 instances in 14 translations)
- Gong (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Good (1602 instances in 14 translations)
- Good-for-nothing (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Good-for-nothings (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Good-looking (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Good-natured (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Good-news (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Good-sized (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Good-will (42 instances in 14 translations)
- Goodbye (18 instances in 8 translations)
- Goodlier (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Goodliest (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Goodliness (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Goodly (46 instances in 7 translations)
- Goodman (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Goodness (110 instances in 13 translations)
- Goods (246 instances in 14 translations)
- Gopher-wood (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Gore (10 instances in 11 translations)
- Gored (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Gores (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Gorge (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Gorged (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Gorgeous (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Gorgeously (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Gorges (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Goring (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Gospel (150 instances in 10 translations)
- Gospel's (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Gossip (19 instances in 7 translations)
- Gossip's (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Gossipers (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Gossiping (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Gossips (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Gossipy (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Gotten (44 instances in 12 translations)
- Gouge (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Gouged (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Gouging (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Gourd (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Gourds (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Govern (42 instances in 13 translations)
- Governed (30 instances in 5 translations)
- Governing (11 instances in 7 translations)
- Governings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Government (34 instances in 13 translations)
- Governments (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Governor (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Governor's (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Governors (55 instances in 13 translations)
- Governorship (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Gowns (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Belong (257 instances)
- Blend (1 instance)
- Choke (6 instances)
- Decease (2 instances)
- Depart (220 instances)
- Departure (21 instances)
- Die (554 instances)
- Endure (183 instances)
- Exit (3 instances)
- Expire (16 instances)
- Extend (112 instances)
- Function (10 instances)
- Going (1725 instances)
- Last (360 instances)
- Lead (273 instances)
- Leaving (176 instances)
- Live (1209 instances)
- Loss (110 instances)
- Move (158 instances)
- Operate (5 instances)
- Pass (1265 instances)
- Angels Going At God's Bidding
- Animals Going Astray
- Animals Going To Heaven
- Babies Going To Heaven
- Blessing Through God's People
- Christ Going Before
- Christ Going Down
- Christ Going With People
- Creatures Going Up
- God Going Before
- God Going Down
- God's Things Concealed
- God's Things Revealed
- Going Down To The Pit
- Going Forward
- Going In Peace
- Going Out And Coming In
- Going Outside
- Going Together
- Going Up Mountains
- Going Up To Heaven
- Groups going home
- Individuals going home