'Among the Nations' in the Bible
And Jehovah said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their bread unclean, among the nations whither I will drive them.
This is what the Lord has said: This is Jerusalem: I have put her among the nations, and countries are round her on every side;
Moreover I will make thee waste, and a reproach among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by.
You will be an object of scorn and taunting, a prime example of destruction among the nations around you when I execute judgments against you in anger and raging fury. I, the Lord, have spoken!
Yet will I leave a remnant, that ye may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shall be scattered through the countries.
And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Whereas I have removed them far off among the nations, and whereas I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them a sanctuary for a little while in the countries where they are come.
"Therefore you are to say, "This is what the Lord GOD says, "I'm going to gather you from among the nations, assembling you from the lands among which you have been dispersed. I'll give you the land of Israel.
And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall scatter them among the nations, and disperse them in the countries.
But I will leave a few men of them from the sword, from the famine, and from the pestilence; that they may declare all their abominations among the nations whither they come; and they shall know that I am Jehovah.
And thy renown went forth among the nations for thy beauty; for it was perfect, through my majesty which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord Jehovah.
Therefore behold, I will gather all your lovers with whom you have taken pleasure, and all those whom you have loved with all those whom you have hated; I will even gather them [the allies you have courted] against you on every side and will uncover your nakedness to them, that they may see all your nakedness [making you, Israel, an object of loathing and of mockery, a spectacle among the nations].
I did this so my reputation might not be tarnished among the nations where they were living, among whom I made myself known in their presence when I brought them out of the land of Egypt.
I did this so my reputation wouldn't be tarnished among the nations in whose presence I had brought them out.
But I withdrew my decision so my reputation wouldn't be tarnished among the nations before whose eyes I brought them out.
Moreover I sware unto them in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the nations, and disperse them through the countries;
"""You're guilty because of the blood that you've shed. You were defiled by the idols that you've made. You've caused your judgment day to draw near and have even come to the end of your life. Therefore, I've made you an object of derision among the nations and to other lands.
And I will scatter thee among the nations, and disperse thee through the countries; and I will consume thy filthiness out of thee.
Unto the men of the east with the Ammonites, and will give them in possession, that the Ammonites may not be remembered among the nations.
See, I am sending against you strange men, feared among the nations: they will let loose their swords against your bright wisdom, they will make your glory a common thing.
All those who know you among the nations are appalled at you. You have become an object of horror and will never exist again."
And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
He and the people with him, causing fear among the nations, will be sent for the destruction of the land; their swords will be let loose against Egypt and the land will be full of dead.
And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
And men from strange lands, who are to be feared among the nations, after cutting him off, have let him be: on the mountains and in all the valleys his branches have come down; his arms are broken by all the waterways of the land; all the peoples of the earth have gone from his shade, and have let him be.
They too descended with it to Sheol, to those slain by the sword. As its alliesthey had lived in its shade among the nations.
Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou wast like a young lion among the nations, and thou wast as a monster in the seas; and thou didst break forth in thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers.
I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known.
I will cause your multitude, your tumult, and your store [of wealth, strength, and glory] to fall by the swords of the mighty -- "the most terrible among the nations are they all. And they shall bring to nothing the pomp and pride of Egypt, and all its multitude [with its activity and its wealth in every sphere] shall be destroyed.
and I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
And when they came among the nations, wherever they went, they made my holy name unclean, when it was said of them, These are the people of the Lord who have gone out from his land.
But I had regard for my holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations, whither they went.
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: I do not this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for my holy name, which ye have profaned among the nations, whither ye went.
And I will sanctify my great name, which hath been profaned among the nations, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the nations shall know that I am Jehovah, saith the Lord Jehovah, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
For I will take you from among the nations, and gather you out of all the countries, and will bring you into your own land.
And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye may receive no more the reproach of famine among the nations.
And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
To capture spoil. And take prey,- To bring back thy hand over desolate places at length inhabited And against a people gathered from among the nations, Getting herds and substance Dwelling upon the navel of the earth.
And I will set my glory among the nations; and all the nations shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
And they shall know that I am Jehovah their God, in that I caused them to go into captivity among the nations, and have gathered them unto their own land; and I will leave none of them any more there;
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Nations Shall Serve Him (2 instances in 11 translations)
- All the Nations Will Be Gathered (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Always Have The Poor Among You (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Blessed are You Among Women (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Byword Among All Nations (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Desire of All Nations (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Discord Among Brethren (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Division Among Them (3 instances in 28 translations)
- Divisions Among You (7 instances in 30 translations)
- Dwelt Among Us (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Fairest Among Women (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Father of a Multitude of Nations (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Father Of A Multitude Of Nations (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Father Of Many Nations (5 instances in 37 translations)
- Fell Among Thieves (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Firstborn Among Many Brethren (1 instance in 11 translations)
- For All Nations (8 instances in 23 translations)
- Galilee Of The Nations (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Gather You from All the Nations (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Gathered from the Nations (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Gods of the Nations (15 instances in 22 translations)
- Greatest Among You (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Justice To The Nations (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Least Among You (1 instance in 26 translations)
- Light To The Nations (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Lily Among Thorns (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Living Among the Dead (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Nations of the Earth (33 instances in 37 translations)
- Sift the Nations (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Stranger That Sojourneth Among You (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Stranger Who Sojourns Among You (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Strangers Who Sojourn Among You (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Abominations, Ceremonial Matters
- Abominations, Idolatry Is
- Abominations, Judgments Of
- Abominations, Perverse Sexuality
- Abominations, Practices
- Abominations, Sin Is
- Abominations, To God
- Agreement, Among Christians
- All Nations
- Angels Activities Among Believers
- Angels Activities Among Unbelievers
- Assassinations, Attempted
- Assassinations, Completed
- Criticism, amongst believers
- Dealing With The Nations
- Disorder Among People
- Disorder Among The Nations
- Division Among Christians
- Divorce, amongst believers
- Exchange Of Nations
- Fellowship, Among Believers
- First Among The Gentiles
- Foreigners Included Among The People
- Foundations Of Nations
- Friendship Among Believers
- Gathering Other Nations
- God Angry With The Nations
- God Is Among You
- God's Activity In The Nations
- Healing Of Nations
- History Of Nations
- Judgment Of The Nations
- Large Denominations
- Like The Nations
- Nations Attacking Israel
- Nations Described
- Nations United
- People Destroying Foreign Nations
- Related Nations
- Repenting Of Abominations
- Restoring Nations
- Roar Of Nations
- Sex Between Nations
- Strong Nations
- Survivors Of The Nations
- The Gospel To The Nations
- The Nations Attacked
- The Nations Before God
- Unique Nations
- Unity Among Believers
- God Scattering Israel
- Gathering Israel
- Profaning God's Name
- 12 more topics on Among
- 26 more topics on Nations