'Law of Moses' in the Bible
And the next day the [Jewish] rulers, elders and teachers of the law of Moses gathered together in Jerusalem.
But [then] Gamaliel, a Council member, who was a Pharisee [i.e., a strict sect of the Jewish religion], and an expert in the law of Moses and highly regarded by all the people, stood up and ordered the apostles to step outside [of the Council meeting] briefly.
And they stirred up the people, the elders and the teachers of the law of Moses and searched for him, seized him and brought him before the Council.
They had arranged for the false witnesses to say, "This man will not stop speaking against the Temple and the law of Moses,
And after the reading of the law of Moses and [the writings of] the prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent [word] to Paul and Barnabas, saying, "Brothers, if you [men] have any message that will exhort [or encourage] the people, you may speak."
"Therefore let it be known to you, men [and] brothers, that through this one forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and from all [the things] from which you were not able to be justified by the law of Moses,
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Then some men came down from Judea and started to teach the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the Law of Moses, you can't be saved."
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Why are you putting God on trial by trying to harness the disciples with a burden [i.e., compliance with the law of Moses], which neither our forefathers nor we could possibly bear?
for as to the law of Moses, that has been published in every city a considerable time, being read in the synagogues every sabbath-day.
And when they heard [all] this, they gave honor to God, then said to Paul, "Brother, you can see how many thousands of Jewish believers [in Christ] there are [everywhere] and all of them are eager to observe the [requirements of the] law of Moses.
And they have had news of you, how you have been teaching all the Jews among the Gentiles to give up the law of Moses, and not to give circumcision to their children, and not to keep the old rules.
Take these men and observe the ceremony of purification with them, pay their expenses so they can shave their heads [i.e., to signify that they are making a vow] and [then] everyone will know that there is no truth in what people have been told about you, but that you, too, are living properly and observing the law of Moses.
shouting, "[You] Israelites, help [us]! This man is teaching people everywhere [to be] against our people [i.e., the Jews], the law of Moses and this place [i.e., the Temple]; and in addition to that he has also brought Greeks [i.e., Gentiles] into the Temple and has [thereby] contaminated this holy place."
"[Then] Ananias, a man who was devoted to [observing] the law of Moses and who had a good reputation among all the Jews who lived there,
Then Paul said to the head priest, "God will hit you, you white-washed wall [i.e., you hypocrite]. Are you sitting in judgment over me according to the law of Moses and [yet] do you order me to be hit contrary to that law?"
A loud commotion developed [in the Council meeting]. Some of the teachers of the law of Moses who belonged to the Pharisee party stood up and argued, saying, "We can find nothing wrong with this man. What if an angel or spirit did speak to him?"
But, I declare to you, I am serving the God of our forefathers according to the 'Way,' called [by my detractors] a sect, and I believe everything that is in harmony with the law of Moses and what is written in [the writings of] the prophets.
And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
From morning until evening, he continued to explain the kingdom of God to them, trying to convince them about Jesus from the Law of Moses and the Prophets. Some of them were convinced by what he said, but others wouldn't believe.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- According to the Law (60 instances in 33 translations)
- All the Words of This Law (9 instances in 22 translations)
- Apart from the Law (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Boast in the Law (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Book of Moses (5 instances in 39 translations)
- Book of the Law (28 instances in 37 translations)
- Born Under the Law (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Breaker of the Law (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Contrary to the Law (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Convicted by the Law (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Curse of the Law (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Dead to the Law (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Deeds of the Law (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Delight in Your Law (3 instances in 9 translations)
- Despised the Law (3 instances in 9 translations)
- Died To The Law (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Do The Whole Law (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Doctors Of The Law (8 instances in 13 translations)
- Giving of the Law (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Grumbled Against Moses (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Hearers of the Law (3 instances in 26 translations)
- Important Matters Of The Law (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Judged by the Law (2 instances in 31 translations)
- Justified by the Law (4 instances in 24 translations)
- Keep the Law (16 instances in 36 translations)
- Keep the Whole Law (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Law and the Prophets (10 instances in 38 translations)
- Law is Good (2 instances in 30 translations)
- Law is Holy (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Law is Light (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Law is Spiritual (1 instance in 35 translations)
- Law of Christ (2 instances in 31 translations)
- Law of Faith (2 instances in 30 translations)
- Law of God (17 instances in 38 translations)
- Law of Liberty (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Law of Righteousness (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Law of Sin (4 instances in 39 translations)
- Law of the Lord (26 instances in 36 translations)
- Law of the Nazirite (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Law Was Given Through Moses (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Law Written in Their Hearts (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Love Your Law (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Made Under The Law (4 instances in 7 translations)
- Moses and the Prophets (11 instances in 39 translations)
- Murmured Against Moses (5 instances in 14 translations)
- Obey The Whole Law (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Observing The Law (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Pharisees And Doctors Of The Law (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Pharisees and Teachers of the Law (4 instances in 25 translations)
- Recorded In This Book Of The Law (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Rejected The Law (4 instances in 19 translations)
- Sin Is The Transgression Of The Law (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Teachers of the Law (65 instances in 33 translations)
- Under Law (11 instances in 25 translations)
- Under the Law (27 instances in 36 translations)
- Weightier Matters of the Law (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Without The Law (8 instances in 24 translations)
- Works of the Law (10 instances in 27 translations)
- Your Law is My Delight (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Zealous for the Law (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Aaron, Moses Spokesperson
- Angels Giving The Law
- Book of the Law
- Breaking God's Law
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brothers in law
- Daughters In Law
- Effect Of The Law
- Excellent Law
- Fathers In Laws
- Foreigners Included In The Law
- Freedom from the Law
- Fulfilling The Law
- Grace Verse Law
- Human Law
- Law Described As
- Law, And Gospel
- Law, Jesus Christ's Attitude To
- Law, Letter And Spirit Of
- Law, Ot
- Law, Purpose Of
- Law, Temporary
- Law, Ten Commandments
- Laws About Agriculture
- Laws About Pledges
- Laws Of Sexual Union
- Laws Restricting Foreigners
- Laws, Abolished
- Life Through Keeping The Law
- Miracles Of Moses And Aaron
- Moses, Life Of
- Moses, Significance Of
- Mother In Laws
- Ritual Law
- Sons In Law
- Studying The Law
- Taking The Law To Heart
- Teachers Of The Law
- The Curse Of The Law
- The Law Given By God
- The Law Given Through Moses
- The Law Given To Israel
- The Law Of Christ
- The Law of moses
- The Law On Slavery
- The Law Proclaimed
- Under The Law
- Weights And Measures, Laws
- Without The Law
- Works Of The Law
- Written In The Law
- Written In The Prophets
- Necessity Of Circumcision
- 47 more topics on Law
- 6 more topics on Moses