'Eternal Life' in the Bible
So that he might have eternal life, and never see the underworld.
as the dew of Hermon, that descends upon the mountains of Zion; for there the LORD commands blessing and eternal life.
Life is in the way of righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation), and in its pathway there is no death but immortality (perpetual, eternal life).
And he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy, everyone who is recorded for life in Jerusalem and for eternal life,
Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to eternal life, and some to shame and eternal contempt.
For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And every one that hath left houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit eternal life.
And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life.
And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
who shall not receive manifold more in this time, and in the world to come eternal life.
but they, who shall be accounted worthy to obtain the resurrection to an eternal life, shall have no concern in marriage, as being immortal:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.
He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him.
but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up unto eternal life.
The one who reaps receives wages and gathers fruit for eternal life, in order that the one who sows and the one who reaps can rejoice together.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed out of death into life.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Work not for the food which perisheth, but for the food which abideth unto eternal life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him the Father, even God, hath sealed.
For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth hath eternal life.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we have believed and known, that thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
The one who loves his life loses it, and the one who hates his life in this world preserves it for eternal life.
And I know that His commandment is (means) eternal life. So whatever I speak, I am saying [exactly] what My Father has told Me to say and in accordance with His instructions.
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
And this is the eternal life, that they should know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.
Go, take your stand in the temple courts and declare to the people the whole doctrine concerning this Life (the eternal life which Christ revealed).
And Paul and Barnabas spake out boldly, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first be spoken to you. Seeing ye thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
who will render to every man according to his actions: eternal life to those,
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
But now being made free from sin and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto sanctification, and the end eternal life.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
For this body which comes to destruction will be made free from the power of death, and the man who is under the power of death will put on eternal life.
For he that soweth unto his own flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life.
you, who display the doctrine of eternal life) that in the day of Christ I may have the satisfaction of not having pursued my laborious course in vain.
howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me as chief might Jesus Christ show forth all his longsuffering, for an ensample of them that should thereafter believe on him unto eternal life.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ, appointed by God to declare the promise, which Jesus Christ has made of eternal life;
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
and, having been made perfect, He became the Author of eternal life to all who obey Him;
THAT which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we beheld and our hands felt, concerning the Word of life,??2 and the life was made manifest, and we have seen, and testify, and declare to you the eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested to us,??3 that which we have seen and heard, we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.
(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
The one who has the Son has this eternal life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have this eternal life.
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Affairs of This Life (3 instances in 10 translations)
- All the Days of His Life (19 instances in 22 translations)
- All the Days of My Life (2 instances in 22 translations)
- All the Days of Our Life (3 instances in 20 translations)
- Author Of Life (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Book of Life (10 instances in 40 translations)
- Bread of Life (4 instances in 35 translations)
- Breath of Life (19 instances in 29 translations)
- Cares of This Life (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Choose Life (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Crown of Life (2 instances in 38 translations)
- Enter into Life (7 instances in 30 translations)
- Enter Life (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Eternal Fire (4 instances in 32 translations)
- Eternal Inheritance (1 instance in 31 translations)
- Eternal Punishment (7 instances in 20 translations)
- Eternal Redemption (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Everlasting Life (44 instances in 24 translations)
- Fountain of Life (8 instances in 21 translations)
- Gives Life to the Dead (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Hope of Eternal Life (2 instances in 31 translations)
- I Lay Down My Life (2 instances in 28 translations)
- In Him Was Life (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Inherit Eternal Life (5 instances in 29 translations)
- Issues of Life (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Justification of Life (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Laid Down His Life (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Lay Down My Life (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Lay Hold on Eternal Life (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Lead a Quiet Life (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Leads to Life (10 instances in 24 translations)
- Life from the Dead (2 instances in 31 translations)
- Life in Christ Jesus (5 instances in 28 translations)
- Life is a Breath (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Life Is But A Breath (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Life is More Than Food (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Life Is Wind (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Life More Than Food (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Life of God (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Life of Jesus (4 instances in 22 translations)
- Life of the World (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Life Was the Light of Men (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Life Which is in Christ (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Life Which Was with the Father (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Life Will Be Saved (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Life Will Be Spared (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Light of Life (3 instances in 35 translations)
- Of This Life (20 instances in 35 translations)
- Passed from Death to Life (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Path of Life (4 instances in 21 translations)
- Pride of Life (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Prince of Life (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Raised to Life (25 instances in 22 translations)
- Reap Life Everlasting (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Receive the Crown of Life (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Restored to Life (11 instances in 24 translations)
- Resurrection of Life (1 instance in 26 translations)
- Riches and Pleasures of Life (1 instance in 9 translations)
- River of Water of Life (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Road That Leads To Life (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Save His Life (25 instances in 33 translations)
- Saved by His Life (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Seek My Life (10 instances in 28 translations)
- Spare His Life (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Spirit Gives Life (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Spirit is Life (3 instances in 24 translations)
- Spirit of Life (9 instances in 30 translations)
- Spirit Who Gives Life (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Springs Of Life (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Take Hold Of The Eternal Life (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Tendeth To Life (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Took His Life in His Hands (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Tree of Life (12 instances in 40 translations)
- Water of Life (9 instances in 38 translations)
- Way of Life (53 instances in 30 translations)
- Wellspring of Life (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Whoever Loses His Life (5 instances in 15 translations)
- Whoever Loses His Life for My Sake (4 instances in 11 translations)
- Whosoever Will Lose His Life For My Sake (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Word of Life (4 instances in 34 translations)
- Words of Eternal Life (2 instances in 27 translations)
- Worries Of This Life (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Aaron, Life Events
- Abraham, Calling And Life
- Abundant Life
- Active Lifestyles
- Age, Span Of Life
- Animal Life
- As Long As Life Lasts
- Assurance in the life of faith
- Balance In Life
- Blood, as basis of life
- Book of life
- Breath Of Life
- Christ's Life
- Christ's Short Life
- David, Early Life
- Elijah, Life Of
- Encouragement In Life
- Entering Life
- Eternal Blessing
- Eternal Death
- Eternal Deliverance
- Eternal Evil
- Eternal Existence
- Eternal Judgement
- Eternal Judgment
- Eternal life
- Eternal life, experience of
- Eternal life, gift of
- Eternal life, nature of
- Eternal Loyalty
- Eternal Perspective
- Eternal Possession
- Eternal Praise
- Eternal Punishment
- Eternal Security
- Eternal State
- Eternal Truth
- Eternal World
- Eternally With God
- Examples Of Life In The Spirit
- Experience, of life
- Fountains Of Life
- God Giving Life
- God's Activity In Human Life
- God, The Eternal
- Grace, And Christian Life
- Humility In The Christians Life
- Jacob, Life And Character Of
- Length Of Life
- Life And Death
- Life Being Temporary
- Life By God's Word
- Life By Loving
- Life By Wisdom
- Life Cut Short
- Life Despised
- Life Expectancy, Post Flood
- Life Expectancy, Pre Flood
- Life Expectancy, Today
- Life In A Material World
- Life In Christ
- Life Is In Christ
- Life Loved
- Life Through Christ
- Life Through Faith
- Life Through Keeping The Law
- Life Through Repentance
- Life With Christ
- Life's Purpose
- Life, Brevity Of
- Life, Everlasting
- Life, Human
- Life, Of Faith
- Living The Life
- Long Life
- Losing One's Life
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Meaning Of The Risen Life
- Moses, Life Of
- Natural Life
- New Life
- Not Maintaining Life
- Opportunities, In Life
- Origins Of Spiritual Life
- Paul, Life Of
- Physical Life
- Priorities In Life
- Redemption, In Everyday Life
- Rest, Eternal
- River Of Life
- Sanctity Of Life
- Seasons, Of Life
- Seeking Life
- Servanthood, In Life Of Believers
- Social Life
- Solomon, Life Of
- Spiritual life
- Spiritual Life, Described By
- Spiritual Life, Maintained By
- Spiritual Life, Nature Of
- The Eternal Covenant
- The Holy Spirit Giving Life
- The Surrendered life
- The Water Of Life
- Tree Of Life
- Unbelief, And Life Of Faith
- Unfading Life
- Water, As A Symbol Of Life
- Weariness Of Life
- Last Things
- Doing God's Works
- Christ, Names For
- Saved By Faith
- Saving Faith
- Spiritual Death
- 24 more topics on Eternal
- 87 more topics on Life