'King of Israel' in the Bible
Zadok and Nathan are to anoint him as king of Israel. Then blow the trumpet and shout: Long live King Solomon!
He was king of Israel for forty years. He ruled seven years in Hebron and thirty-three years in Jerusalem.
In the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel came out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year that Solomon was king of Israel, in the month Ziv, which is the second month, the building of the Lord's house was started.
Now Jehovah has kept his promise. I have succeeded my father as king of Israel. And I have built the Temple for the worship of Jehovah the God of Israel.
Jehovah, God of Israel, I pray that you will also keep the other promise you made to my father when you told him there would always be one of his descendants ruling as king of Israel, provided they obeyed you as carefully as he did.
Praise Jehovah your God! He delighted in you and made you king of Israel. Jehovah's love for Israel is long lasting, he has made you king, to be their judge in righteousness.
Jeroboam, I will make you king of Israel. You will rule over all the territory that you want.
If you obey me completely I will always be with you. You must live by my laws, and win my approval by doing what I command, as my servant David did. I will make you king of Israel and will make sure that your descendants rule after you, just as I have done for David.
Jeroboam said to his wife: Disguise yourself so that no one will recognize you, and go to Shiloh. That is where the prophet Ahijah lives. He is the one who said I would be king of Israel.
In the twentieth year of Jeroboam king of Israel began Asa to reign over Judah.
And there was, war, between Asa and Baasha king of Israel, all their days.
and Baasha king of Israel goeth up against Judah, and buildeth Ramah, not to permit any one going out and coming in to Asa king of Judah.
A covenant is between me and thee, between my father and thy father; lo, I have sent to thee a reward of silver and gold; go, break thy covenant with Baasha king of Israel, and he goeth up from off me.'
Nadab, the son of Jeroboam, became king over Israel in the second year that Asa was king of Judah; and he was king of Israel for two years.
There was war between Asa and Baasha king of Israel all their days.
In the twenty-sixth year that Asa was king of Judah, Elah, the son of Baasha, became king of Israel in Tirzah, and he was king for two years.
And he sent messengers to Ahab king of Israel, into the city, and said to him, Thus says Ben-hadad,
And the king of Israel sent him an answer saying, As you say, my lord king, I am yours with all I have.
The king of Israel summoned all the leaders of the land and said, "Notice how this man is looking for trouble. Indeed, he demanded my wives, sons, silver, and gold, and I did not resist him."
And the king of Israel answered and said, Tell him, Let not him that girdeth on boast himself as he that putteth off!
And, behold, there came a prophet unto Ahab king of Israel, saying, Thus says the LORD, Have you seen all this great multitude? behold, I will deliver it into your hand this day; and you shall know that I am the LORD.
The king of Israel went out and attacked the horses and the chariots and defeated Aram with a great blow.
The prophet came near to the king of Israel, and said to him, "Go, strengthen yourself, and mark, and see what you do; for at the return of the year the king of Syria will come up against you."
And it will be at the return of the year, and Ben-hadad will review Aram, and he will go up to Aphek to the war with the king of Israel.
Then the man of God approached and said to the king of Israel, "This is what the Lord says: 'Because the Arameans have said: The Lord is a god of the mountains and not a god of the valleys, I will hand over this entire immense horde to you. Then you will know that I am the Lord.' "
And his servants say unto him, 'Lo, we pray thee, we have heard that the kings of the house of Israel -- that they are kind kings; let us put, we pray thee, sackcloth on our loins, and ropes on our heads, and we go out unto the king of Israel; it may be he doth keep thee alive.'
So they girded sackcloth on their loins, and put ropes on their heads, and came to the king of Israel, and said, Thy servant Ben-hadad saith, I pray thee, let me live. And he said, Is he yet alive? he is my brother.
As your servant was busy here and there, he was gone." The king of Israel said to him, "So your judgment shall be; yourself have decided it."
And he will hasten and remove the bandage from his eyes; and the king of Israel will know him that he is from the prophets.
Then the king of Israel went back to his house, bitter and angry, and came to Samaria.
"Aren't you the reigning king of Israel," his wife Jezebel replied. "Get up, have a meal, and get ready to be happy. I'll go get you the vineyard that Naboth the Jezreelite owns."
Go to Ahab, king of Israel, in Samaria. He is in the garden of Naboth the Jezreelite. He went there to take it as his heritage.
And it came to pass in the third year, that Jehoshaphat, the king of Judah, came down to the king of Israel.
And the king of Israel said unto his servants, Know ye that Ramoth in Gilead is ours, and we be still, and take it not out of the hand of the king of Syria?
And he said to Jehoshaphat, Wilt thou go with me to battle to Ramoth-gilead? And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, I am as thou art, my people as thy people, my horses as thy horses.
Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, "Please inquire first for the word of the LORD."
So the king of Israel gathered the prophets, about 400 men, and asked them, "Should I go against Ramoth-gilead for war or should I refrain?" They replied, "March up, and the Lord will hand it over to the king."
And the king of Israel saith unto Jehoshaphat, 'Yet -- one man to seek Jehovah by him, and I have hated him, for he doth not prophesy concerning me good, but evil -- Micaiah son of Imlah;' and Jehoshaphat saith, 'Let not the king say so.'
Then the king of Israel called an officer, and said, "Quickly get Micaiah the son of Imlah."
Now the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah were sitting each on his throne, arrayed in their robes, in an open place at the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets were prophesying before them.
And the king of Israel will say to Jehoshaphat, Did I not say to thee he will not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?
[Ahab] king of Israel said, Take Micaiah, carry him back to Amon the governor of the city and to Joash the king's son,
So [Ahab] king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah went up to Ramoth-gilead.
And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, I will disguise myself and enter into the battle, but put thou on thy robes. And the king of Israel disguised himself and went into the battle.
But the king of Syria commanded his thirty and two captains that had rule over his chariots, saying, Fight neither with small nor great, save only with the king of Israel.
It happened, when the captains of the chariots saw Jehoshaphat, that they said, "Surely that is the king of Israel." and they turned aside to fight against him. Jehoshaphat cried out.
When the chariot commanders saw that he was not the king of Israel, they turned back from pursuing him.
And a man hath drawn with a bow, in his simplicity, and smiteth the king of Israel between the joinings and the coat of mail, and he saith to his charioteer, 'Turn thy hand, and take me out from the camp, for I have become sick.'
The battle continued on for the rest of the day while the king of Israel was propped up in front of the Arameans until the sun set, at which time he died. The blood from Ahab's wound ran down into the bottom of the chariot.
And when the king of Israel was dead, they came to Samaria and buried him there.
Now, Jehoshaphat son of Asa, began to reign over Judah, - in the fourth year of Ahab, king of Israel.
Jehoshaphat made peace with the king of Israel.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Israel (201 instances in 38 translations)
- All Israel Will Be Saved (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Backsliding Israel (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Behold Your King (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Caused My People Israel to Err (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Children of Israel (719 instances in 33 translations)
- Chronicles of the Kings of Israel (18 instances in 15 translations)
- Commonwealth of Israel (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Community Of Israel (22 instances in 6 translations)
- Congregation of Israel (47 instances in 18 translations)
- Congregation of the Children of Israel (27 instances in 8 translations)
- Consolation of Israel (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Elders of Israel (40 instances in 28 translations)
- Elders of the House of Israel (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Exiles Of Israel (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Faithless Israel (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Firstborn of Israel (6 instances in 15 translations)
- Fought Against Israel (11 instances in 19 translations)
- God is the King (2 instances in 13 translations)
- God of Israel (223 instances in 39 translations)
- God of the Armies of Israel (1 instance in 13 translations)
- God Save The King (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Great King (24 instances in 39 translations)
- Hear O Israel (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Holy One of Israel (32 instances in 22 translations)
- House of Israel (160 instances in 38 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Israel Had No King (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Israel My Inheritance (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Israel of God (1 instance in 35 translations)
- King of Glory (4 instances in 20 translations)
- King of Judah (166 instances in 22 translations)
- King of Kings (8 instances in 40 translations)
- King of the Jews (20 instances in 39 translations)
- King Over Israel (52 instances in 22 translations)
- King Over Judah (16 instances in 21 translations)
- Land of Israel (55 instances in 38 translations)
- Led My People Israel Astray (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Light of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Long Live the King (7 instances in 17 translations)
- Lord God of Israel (159 instances in 19 translations)
- Lord is King (11 instances in 13 translations)
- Men of Israel (145 instances in 38 translations)
- My Lord the King (58 instances in 21 translations)
- No King in Israel (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Outcasts of Israel (3 instances in 19 translations)
- Peace Be Upon Israel (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Peace Shall Be Upon Israel (1 instance in 4 translations)
- People of Israel (386 instances in 39 translations)
- Pride of Israel (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Remnant of Israel (12 instances in 21 translations)
- Restore the Kingdom to Israel (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Shepherds of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Sons of Israel (619 instances in 38 translations)
- There Was No King in Israel (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Tribes of Israel (74 instances in 39 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Anointing Kings
- Armies, Against Israel
- Artaxerxes The King
- Assembling Israel
- Attitudes Towards Kings
- Babylon, Israel Exiled To
- Backsliding, Israel Exanples
- Being Earnest For Israel
- Blessings, To Israel
- Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Camp, Of Israel
- Captivity, Of Israel
- Children And The Kingdom
- Christ Is King Of Israel
- Church Distinct From Israel
- Cities In Israel
- Conversion Of Israel
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Cursing Israel
- Downfall Of Israel
- Enemies, of Israel and Judah
- Entering The Kingdom
- Exile Of Israel To Assyria
- Few In The Kingdom
- Foreign Kings
- Fullness Of The Kingdom
- Gathering Israel
- God Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- God Protector Of Israel
- God Scattering Israel
- God's Activity In Israel
- God's Glory In Israel
- God's Love For Israel
- Good Kings
- Good Kings Examples Of
- Imitating Good Kings
- Imitating Wicked Kings
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Israel As The Elect
- Israel Fleeing
- Israel Hardened
- Israel In The Wilderness
- Israel In Tribulation
- Jerusalem In Millennial Kingdom
- Jesus As King Of Kings
- Jesus Christ, King
- Joy, Of Israel
- Judging Israel
- Killing Israelites
- Killing Kings
- Killing Within Israel
- Kingdom Of God
- Kingdom Of God, Characteristics Of
- Kingdom Of God, Coming Of
- Kingdom Of God, Entry Into
- Kingdom Of Heaven
- Kings And Pride
- Kings And Wisdom
- Kings Exiled
- Kings Of All Israel Or Judah
- Kings of judah
- Kings Of The Northern Kingdom
- Kings Summoning
- Kings Warned About
- Kings, Duties Of
- Kings, How They Should Act
- Kingship, Divine
- Kingship, Human
- Knowing About God's Kingdom
- Land Permanently Restored To Israel
- Land Promised To Israel
- List Of Kings Of Israel
- Making Israel Jealous
- Making Kings
- Many In Israel
- Messianic Titles, King Of The Jews
- Millennial Kingdom
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Crushes Wickedness
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Restores Israel
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Supreme On The Earth
- Millennial Kingdom, Earth Filled With Knowledge Of God
- Millennial Kingdom, Universal Peace And Blessing
- Mission, Of Israel
- Mothers Of Kings
- Nations Attacking Israel
- Nature Of Kings
- No King
- Northern Kingdom Of Israel
- Others Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Outside The Kingdom
- Parables Of The Kingdom
- Parables Of The Kingdom Of Heaven
- People Of The Kingdom
- Rebellion, Of Israel
- Rebirth Of Israel
- Salvation For Israel
- Satan, Kingdom Of
- Serving Kings
- Shepherds, As Kings And Leaders
- Shutting The Kingdom
- Strangers in israel
- Survivors Of Israel
- The King's Orders
- The Kingdom Of Others
- The Kingdom Of Solomon
- The Law Given To Israel
- The Mountains Of Israel
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Tribes Of Israel
- Unique Israel
- Wine In Millennial Kingdom
- Woe To Israel And Jerusalem