'On the Sabbath' in the Bible
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.
Now it came about that on the Sabbath he was going through the fields of grain, and his disciples took the heads of the grain for food, crushing them in their hands.
And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?
He entered into the synagogue on the Sabbath and taught. There was a man there whose right hand was withered.
And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him.
Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?
And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.
And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering?
And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him.
And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?
And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
I fast twice on the Sabbath, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments. And on the sabbath they rested according to the commandment.
On the sabbath they rested in obedience to God's command, but on the first day of the week at early dawn they took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Breaking The Sabbath (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Broke the Sabbath (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Heal on the Sabbath (3 instances in 30 translations)
- Keep the Sabbath (14 instances in 32 translations)
- Lord Also Of The Sabbath (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Lord Blessed the Sabbath (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Lord Even Of The Sabbath (3 instances in 28 translations)
- Lord of the Sabbath (3 instances in 26 translations)
- Observe the Sabbath (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Profane the Sabbath (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Profaning The Sabbath (4 instances in 16 translations)
- Remember the Sabbath Day (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Rested on the Sabbath (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Rested The Sabbath Day (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Sabbath Day (102 instances in 37 translations)
- Sabbath of the Lord (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Sabbath They Rested (2 instances in 16 translations)