'Sons of Israel' in the Bible
Now after the death of Joshua, it came to pass that the sons of Israel asked the LORD, saying, Who shall go up for us against the Canaanites first to fight against them?
When the angel of the LORD spoke these words to all the sons of Israel, the people lifted up their voices and wept.
When Joshua had dismissed the people, the sons of Israel went each to his inheritance to possess the land.
Then the sons of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD and served the Baals,
only in order that the generations of the sons of Israel might be taught war, those who had not experienced it formerly).
The sons of Israel lived among the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites;
The sons of Israel did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, and forgot the LORD their God and served the Baals and the Asheroth.
Then kindled the anger of Yahweh upon Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Chushan-rishathaim, king of Mesopotamia, - and the sons of Israel served Chushan-rishathaim, eight years.
and the sons of Israel cry unto Jehovah, and Jehovah raiseth a saviour to the sons of Israel, and he saveth them -- Othniel son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother;
and the sons of Israel add to do the evil thing in the eyes of Jehovah; and Jehovah strengtheneth Eglon king of Moab against Israel, because that they have done the evil thing in the eyes of Jehovah;
So the sons of Israel served Eglon the king of Moab eighteen years.
And the sons of Israel will cry to Jehovah, and Jehovah will raise up to them a saviour, Ehud, son of Gera, son of a Benjamite, a man shut up of his right hand: and the sons of Israel will send a gift by his hand to Eglon, king of Moab.
It came about when he had arrived, that he blew the trumpet in the hill country of Ephraim; and the sons of Israel went down with him from the hill country, and he was in front of them.
Then the sons of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, after Ehud died.
The sons of Israel cried to the LORD; for he had nine hundred iron chariots, and he oppressed the sons of Israel severely for twenty years.
She used to sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the sons of Israel came up to her for judgment.
So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the sons of Israel.
The hand of the sons of Israel pressed heavier and heavier upon Jabin the king of Canaan, until they had destroyed Jabin the king of Canaan.
And the sons of Israel did the thing that was wicked, in the sight of Yahweh, - so Yahweh delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years;
and the hand of Midian is strong against Israel, from the presence of Midian have the sons of Israel made for themselves the flowings which are in the mountains, and the caves, and the strongholds.
And Israel was brought very low because of Midian, and the sons of Israel cried to LORD.
And it happened, when the sons of Israel cried to Jehovah because of the Midianites,
And Jehovah will send forth a man, a prophet, to the sons of Israel, and he will say to them, Thus said Jehovah the God of Israel, I brought you up from Egypt, and I will bring you out of the house of servants;
So Midian was subdued before the sons of Israel, and they did not lift up their heads anymore. And the land was undisturbed for forty years in the days of Gideon.
Then it came about, as soon as Gideon was dead, that the sons of Israel again played the harlot with the Baals, and made Baal-berith their god.
Thus the sons of Israel did not remember the LORD their God, who had delivered them from the hands of all their enemies on every side;
Then the sons of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, served the Baals and the Ashtaroth, the gods of Aram, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the sons of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines; thus they forsook the LORD and did not serve Him.
They afflicted and oppressed the sons of Israel. For eighteen years they lived in Amorite country east of the Jordan River in Gilead.
Then did the sons of Israel make outcry unto Yahweh, saying, - We have sinned against thee, because we have forsaken our God, and have served the Baals.
Then said Yahweh unto the sons of Israel, - Was it not, from the Egyptians, and from the Amorites, and from the sons of Ammon, and from the Philistines, that I saved you ?
And the sons of Israel say unto Jehovah, 'We have sinned, do Thou to us according to all that is good in Thine eyes; only deliver us, we pray Thee, this day.'
Then the sons of Ammon were gathered and camped in Gilead. And the sons of Israel assembled themselves together and camped in Mizpeh.
Therefore, I have not sinned against thee, but thou doest me wrong to war against me; let the LORD, who is the Judge, judge this day between the sons of Israel and the sons of Ammon.
He struck them with a very great slaughter from Aroer to the entrance of Minnith, twenty cities, and as far as Abel-keramim. So the sons of Ammon were subdued before the sons of Israel.
Now the sons of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, so that the LORD gave them into the hands of the Philistines forty years.
However, his master said to him, "We will not turn aside into the city of foreigners who are not of the sons of Israel; but we will go on as far as Gibeah."
All who saw it said, "Nothing like this has ever happened or been seen from the day when the sons of Israel came up from the land of Egypt to this day. Consider it, take counsel and speak up!"
Then all the sons of Israel from Dan to Beersheba, including the land of Gilead, came out, and the congregation assembled as one man to the LORD at Mizpah.
(Now the sons of Benjamin heard that the sons of Israel had gone up to Mizpah.) And the sons of Israel said, "Tell us, how did this wickedness take place?"
Lo! ye all, are sons of Israel, - give your word and counsel, here.
And now, give up the men -- sons of worthlessness -- which are in Gibeah, and we put them to death, and we put away evil from Israel.' And the sons of Benjamin have not been willing to hearken to the voice of their brethren, the sons of Israel;
and the sons of Benjamin are gathered out of the cities to Gibeah, to go out to battle with the sons of Israel.
And the sons of Israel rose and went up to the house of God and asked counsel of God, and said, Which of us shall go up first to the battle against the sons of Benjamin? And Jehovah said, Judah first.
And the sons of Israel will rise in the morning and will encamp against Gibeah.
The sons of Israel went up and wept before the LORD until evening, and inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall we again draw near for battle against the sons of my brother Benjamin?" And the LORD said, "Go up against him."
Then the sons of Israel came against the sons of Benjamin the second day.
Benjamin went out against them from Gibeah the second day and felled to the ground again 18,000 men of the sons of Israel; all these drew the sword.
Then all the sons of Israel and all the people went up and came to Bethel and wept; thus they remained there before the LORD and fasted that day until evening. And they offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.
The sons of Israel inquired of the LORD (for the ark of the covenant of God was there in those days,
The sons of Israel went up against the sons of Benjamin on the third day and arrayed themselves against Gibeah as at other times.
Then said the sons of Benjamin, They are, being smitten, before us, as at the first. But the sons of Israel had said - Let us flee, and draw them away from the city, into the highways.
And Jehovah smiteth Benjamin before Israel, and the sons of Israel destroy in Benjamin, on that day, twenty and five thousand, and a hundred men; all these are drawing sword.
So, when the men of Israel turned in the battle, - and, the Benjamites, began to smite and slay of the sons of Israel, about thirty men, for they said, Yea! they are, smitten, before us, as in the first battle,
And the sons of Israel turned again to the sons of Benjamin and struck them with the edge of the sword, from the entire city to livestock, to all that was found. Also they set on fire all the cities that they came to.
And the sons of Israel said, Who is there among all the tribes of Israel that did not come up in the assembly to LORD? For they had made a great oath concerning him who did not come up to LORD to Mizpah, saying, He shall surely be
And the sons of Israel regretted for Benjamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day.
And we shall not be able to give to them wives from our daughters, for the sons of Israel sware, saying, Cursed he giving a wife to Benjamin.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (8)
- Exodus (121)
- Leviticus (51)
- Numbers (155)
- Deuteronomy (19)
- Joshua (63)
- Judges (58)
- 1 Samuel (11)
- 2 Samuel (3)
- 1 Kings (21)
- 2 Kings (11)
- 1 Chronicles (5)
- 2 Chronicles (23)
- Ezra (5)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Psalm (2)
- Isaiah (5)
- Jeremiah (10)
- Ezekiel (11)
- Daniel (1)
- Hosea (6)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (5)
- Obadiah (1)
- Micah (1)
- Adoption as Sons (5 instances in 12 translations)
- All Israel (201 instances in 38 translations)
- All Israel Will Be Saved (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Backsliding Israel (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Caused My People Israel to Err (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Children of Israel (719 instances in 33 translations)
- Chronicles of the Kings of Israel (18 instances in 15 translations)
- Commonwealth of Israel (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Community Of Israel (22 instances in 6 translations)
- Congregation of Israel (47 instances in 18 translations)
- Congregation of the Children of Israel (27 instances in 8 translations)
- Consolation of Israel (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Elders of Israel (40 instances in 28 translations)
- Elders of the House of Israel (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Exiles Of Israel (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Faithless Israel (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Firstborn of Israel (6 instances in 15 translations)
- Fought Against Israel (11 instances in 19 translations)
- God of Israel (223 instances in 39 translations)
- God of the Armies of Israel (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Hear O Israel (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Hearts of the Sons of Men (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Holy One of Israel (32 instances in 22 translations)
- House of Israel (160 instances in 38 translations)
- Israel Had No King (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Israel My Inheritance (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Israel of God (1 instance in 35 translations)
- King of Israel (182 instances in 39 translations)
- King Over Israel (52 instances in 22 translations)
- Land of Israel (55 instances in 38 translations)
- Led My People Israel Astray (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Light of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Lord God of Israel (159 instances in 19 translations)
- Men of Israel (145 instances in 38 translations)
- No King in Israel (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Outcasts of Israel (3 instances in 19 translations)
- Peace Be Upon Israel (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Peace Shall Be Upon Israel (1 instance in 4 translations)
- People of Israel (386 instances in 39 translations)
- Pride of Israel (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Remnant of Israel (12 instances in 21 translations)
- Restore the Kingdom to Israel (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Seven Sons (7 instances in 38 translations)
- Seventy Sons (6 instances in 20 translations)
- Shepherds of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Sons of David (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Sons of Disobedience (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Sons of God (23 instances in 37 translations)
- Sons of Levi (30 instances in 32 translations)
- Sons of Light (5 instances in 26 translations)
- Sons of Men (59 instances in 31 translations)
- Sons of the Prophets (13 instances in 29 translations)
- Sons of the Resurrection (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Sons of This Age (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Sons of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Sons of Thunder (2 instances in 38 translations)
- Sons of Zebedee (11 instances in 36 translations)
- There Was No King in Israel (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Tribes of Israel (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Angels As Sons Of God
- Armies, Against Israel
- Assembling Israel
- Babylon, Israel Exiled To
- Backsliding, Israel Exanples
- Being Earnest For Israel
- Believers As Sons Of God
- Blessings, To Israel
- Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Camp, Of Israel
- Captivity, Of Israel
- Christ Is King Of Israel
- Church Distinct From Israel
- Cities In Israel
- Conversion Of Israel
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Cursing Israel
- Downfall Of Israel
- Enemies, of Israel and Judah
- Exile Of Israel To Assyria
- Fathers And Sons
- Firstborn Sons
- Gathering Israel
- God Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- God Protector Of Israel
- God Scattering Israel
- God's Activity In Israel
- God's Glory In Israel
- God's Love For Israel
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Israel As The Elect
- Israel Fleeing
- Israel Hardened
- Israel In The Wilderness
- Israel In Tribulation
- Joy, Of Israel
- Judging Israel
- Killing Israelites
- Killing Sons And Daughters
- Killing Within Israel
- Kings Of All Israel Or Judah
- Lack Of Sons
- Land Permanently Restored To Israel
- Land Promised To Israel
- List Of Kings Of Israel
- Making Israel Jealous
- Many In Israel
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Restores Israel
- Mission, Of Israel
- Nations Attacking Israel
- Northern Kingdom Of Israel
- Others Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Rebellion, Of Israel
- Rebirth Of Israel
- Salvation For Israel
- Sons In Law
- Sons Of God
- Sons Of The Prophets
- Strangers in israel
- Survivors Of Israel
- The Law Given To Israel
- The Mountains Of Israel
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Tribes Of Israel
- Two Sons
- Unique Israel
- Woe To Israel And Jerusalem
- God's People Sinning
- 11 more topics on Sons