'In the Faith' in the Bible
"I tell you that if any one should say to this hill 'Be lifted up and hurled into the sea!', without ever a doubt in his mind, but in the faith that what he says will be done, he would find that it would be.
"Repent," answered Peter, "and be baptized every one of you in the Faith of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
And in the faith of his name, unto this man whom ye see and know, has confirmed his name; and the faith which is by him has given this man this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
And he directed that they should be baptized in the Faith of Jesus Christ; after which they asked him to stay there a few days longer.
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
And Judas and Silas, being themselves also Prophets, gave them a long and encouraging talk, and strengthened them in the faith.
And he went through Syria and Cilicia, making the churches stronger in the faith.
And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
And having been there for some time, he went through the country of Galatia and Phrygia in order, making the disciples strong in the faith.
For I long to see you so that I can provide you with some spiritual gift [See I Cor. 12:1-11], for the purpose of strengthening you [in the faith].
For God's righteousness is revealed in it by faith in the faith [the gospel]; as it is written; The righteous shall live by faith.
and the forefather of those circumcised persons who not only share his circumcision but follow our forefather Abraham's example in the faith he had before he was circumcised.
and not having been weak in the faith, he did not consider his own body, already become dead, (being about a hundred years old,) and the deadness of Sarah's womb,
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief: But was made strong in the faith, and gave honour to God,
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
We who are strong in the faith ought to help the weak to carry their burdens. We should not just please ourselves.
Now to Him Who is able to strengthen you in the faith which is in accordance with my Gospel and the preaching of (concerning) Jesus Christ (the Messiah), according to the revelation (the unveiling) of the mystery of the plan of redemption which was kept in silence and secret for long ages,
He will also make you stand firm [in the faith] to the end [of your lives], so that you will be [considered] without just blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ [returns].
But I, Brothers, could not speak to you as men with spiritual insight, but only as worldly-minded-mere infants in the Faith of Christ.
Though you may have thousands of instructors in the Faith of Christ, yet you have not many fathers. It was I who, through union with Christ Jesus, became your father by means of the Good News.
Still, all men have not that knowledge: but some, being used till now to the image, are conscious that they are taking food which has been offered to the image; and because they are not strong in the faith, their minds are troubled.
So, the person who thinks he is standing firm [in the faith] should pay attention [to his life], so that he does not fall [away from God].
Therefore, my dearly loved brothers, stand firm [in the faith]; do not be moved [from your commitment]. Always do your best to work for the Lord, since you know that your labor in the Lord's [service] is not for nothing.
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
It is not that we are trying to rule over your faith, but rather to work with you for your joy, because you have been standing firm in the faith.
Who is sick: and I am not sick? Who is hurt in the faith: and my heart burneth not?
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
with Christ I have been crucified, and live no more do I, and Christ doth live in me; and that which I now live in the flesh -- in the faith I live of the Son of God, who did love me and did give himself for me;
But before this faith came, we were kept shut up under the Law, in order to obtain the faith that was to be revealed.
Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the divine appointment to the converts which are at Ephesus, who stand firm in the faith of Christ Jesus:
[That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [ full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.
Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that you can withstand [the devil, See verse 11] when the evil day comes. And, after you have done everything you can, still remain standing firm [in the faith].
So, you people should stand firm [in the faith], with the belt of truth firmly buckled around you, and with the "flack jacket" of righteousness on your chest.
And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide, yea, and abide with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith;
Only let your conversation be, as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may yet hear of you, that ye continue in one spirit, and in one soul laboring as we do to maintain the faith of the gospel,
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
without ceasing, and call to remembrance your work in the faith, and labour in love and perseverance in the hope of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God our father:
I sent Timotheus our brother, a minister of God in the gospel of Christ, for your strengthening and encouragement in the faith,
So then, brothers, stand firm [in the faith], and hold onto the [inspired] traditions which you were taught, whether by word [of mouth] or by a letter from us.
Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
nor to devote their attention to legends and interminable genealogies, which tend to give rise to argument rather than to further that divine plan which is revealed in the Faith.
and it was for this that I was myself appointed a Herald and an Apostle (I am telling the simple truth and no lie)--a Teacher of the Gentiles in the Faith and Truth.
For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Certain individuals have failed in the faith by professing that. Grace be with you. [Amen.]
Hold fast to the pattern of sound words which you heard from me, in the faith and love [that are] in Christ Jesus.
And just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these people -- who have warped minds and are disqualified in the faith -- also oppose the truth.
To: Titus, a genuine child in the faith that we share. May grace and peace from God the Father and the Messiah, Jesus our Savior, be yours!
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
so as to make them sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish myths and commandments of men who turn away from the truth.
aged men to be temperate, grave, sober, sound in the faith, in the love, in the endurance;
All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.
Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, to Philemon, our dear helper in the faith,
in such sort that thy participation in the faith should become operative in the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in us towards Christ Jesus.
I appeal to you for my [own spiritual] child, Onesimus [meaning profitable], whom I have begotten [in the faith] while a captive in these chains.
If then you consider me to be a partner [in the faith], welcome him [back] as [you would] me.
as for us, we are not such as desert to their own destruction; but such as persevere in the faith, to the saving of our souls.
These all died in the faith, not having received the promises, but seeing them afar off, and embracing them, and confessing that they are strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
simply fixing our gaze upon Jesus, our Prince Leader in the faith, who will also award us the prize. He, for the sake of the joy which lay before Him, patiently endured the cross, looking with contempt upon its shame, and afterwards seated Himself-- where He still sits--at the right hand of the throne of God.
Go on loving your brothers in the faith.
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
And the God who bestows every unearned favor [upon His people], who invited you to partake of His eternal splendor through Christ Jesus, will restore, confirm, strengthen and stabilize you people [in the faith], after you have gone through a brief time of suffering.
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you and exhort you that ye should earnestly persevere in the faith which was given once unto the saints.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- According to Your Faith (5 instances in 34 translations)
- Add to Your Faith (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Author and Finisher of Our Faith (2 instances in 7 translations)
- By Faith (91 instances in 39 translations)
- Contend Earnestly for the Faith (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Continue in Faith (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Continue in the Faith (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Erred Concerning The Faith (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Faith Comes by (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Faith Has Made You Well (6 instances in 15 translations)
- Faith Has Saved You (7 instances in 17 translations)
- Faith in Christ (15 instances in 38 translations)
- Faith in God (23 instances in 32 translations)
- Faith in Jesus (15 instances in 31 translations)
- Faith in the Lord (41 instances in 33 translations)
- Faith Without Works (5 instances in 23 translations)
- Finisher of Our Faith (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Genuineness of Your Faith (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Great Faith (8 instances in 30 translations)
- Have Faith (128 instances in 38 translations)
- Hearing of Faith (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Him That Is Weak In The Faith Receive Ye (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Household of Faith (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Increase Our Faith (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Just Shall Live by Faith (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Just Shall Live by His Faith (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Justified by Faith (5 instances in 28 translations)
- Kept the Faith (1 instance in 32 translations)
- Law of Faith (2 instances in 30 translations)
- Little Faith (7 instances in 38 translations)
- Live by Faith (6 instances in 32 translations)
- Man Full of Faith (1 instance in 39 translations)
- Measure of Faith (2 instances in 32 translations)
- Men Of Little Faith (4 instances in 7 translations)
- Men of Little Faith (4 instances in 7 translations)
- Obedience to the Faith (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Perfecter Of Our Faith (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Propitiation Through Faith In His Blood (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Rich in Faith (7 instances in 35 translations)
- Righteousness of Faith (5 instances in 26 translations)
- Righteousness That Comes By Faith (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Saved Through Faith (2 instances in 23 translations)
- Shield of Faith (1 instance in 31 translations)
- Show Me Your Faith (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Stand Fast in the Faith (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Stand Firm In The Faith (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Through the Righteousness of Faith (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Trial Of Your Faith (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Unity of the Faith (2 instances in 28 translations)
- Wandered From The Faith (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Weak in Faith (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Word of Faith (1 instance in 27 translations)
- You Of Little Faith (5 instances in 15 translations)
- Acknowledge, Faith In Christ
- Assurance in the life of faith
- Assurance, By Faith In Christ
- Attitudes Of Faith
- Beneficial Afflictions For Faith
- Benefits Of Faith In Christ
- Children In The Faith
- Deficient Faith
- Encouraging Faith In Christ
- Examples Of Faith
- Exploits Of Faith
- Faith Moving Mountains
- Faith That Works
- Faith, And Blessings Of God
- Faith, As A Body Of Beliefs
- Faith, As Basis Of Salvation
- Faith, Growth In
- Faith, Nature Of
- Faith, Necessity Of
- Faith, Object Of
- Faith, Origins Of
- Faith, Testing Of
- Faithful In Little
- Faithful In Much
- Faithful Sayings
- Faithful, Choose To Remain
- Faithfulness, Examples Of
- Faithfulness, In Human Relationships
- Faithfulness, To God
- Faithlessness, As Disobedience
- Fight Of Faith
- Foreigners Saved By Faith
- God, Faithfulness Of
- How Faith Comes
- Justification By Faith
- Lack Of Faith
- Life Through Faith
- Life, Of Faith
- Maintaining Faith
- Prayer, And Faith
- Reasons For Faith In Christ
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Saved By Faith
- Saving Faith
- Strong Faith In Christ
- The Effects Of Faith
- The Faith
- Those Who Had Faith
- Unbelief, And Life Of Faith
- Unfaithful Ministers
- Unfaithfulness, To God
- Unfaithfulness, To People
- Unseen Faith
- Works Of Faith
- Specific Cases Of Strengthening
- Weakness, Spiritual
- Union With Christ, Significance Of
- Standing Firm
- God's Truth
- Grace Be To You
- 43 more topics on Faith