'To This Day' in the Bible
And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.
And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.
And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh. As it is said to this day, In the mount of Jehovah it shall be provided.
And he called it Shebah: therefore the name of the city is Beersheba unto this day.
Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.
And Jacob set a pillar upon her grave: that is the pillar of Rachel's grave unto this day.
And Joseph made it a law over the land of Egypt unto this day, that Pharaoh should have the fifth part; except the land of the priests only, which became not Pharaoh's.
And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day,
And they shall fill thy houses, and the houses of all thy servants, and the houses of all the Egyptians; which neither thy fathers, nor thy fathers' fathers have seen, since the day that they were upon the earth unto this day. And he turned himself, and went out from Pharaoh.
And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
As he did to the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, when he destroyed the Horims from before them; and they succeeded them, and dwelt in their stead even unto this day:
Jair the son of Manasseh took all the country of Argob unto the coasts of Geshuri and Maachathi; and called them after his own name, Bashanhavothjair, unto this day.
And the Lord gave us orders to keep all these laws, in the fear of the Lord our God, so that it might be well for us for ever, and that he might keep us from death, as he has done to this day.
You must remember the Lord your God, for he is the one who gives ability to get wealth; if you do this he will confirm his covenant that he made by oath to your ancestors, even as he has to this day.
At that time the LORD separated the tribe of Levi, to bear the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister unto him, and to bless in his name, unto this day.
And what he did unto the army of Egypt, unto their horses, and to their chariots; how he made the water of the Red sea to overflow them as they pursued after you, and how the LORD hath destroyed them unto this day;
Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.
And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.
And Joshua set up twelve stones in the midst of Jordan, in the place where the feet of the priests which bare the ark of the covenant stood: and they are there unto this day.
And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.
And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.
And they raised over him a great heap of stones unto this day. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Wherefore the name of that place was called, The valley of Achor, unto this day.
And Joshua burnt Ai, and made it an heap for ever, even a desolation unto this day.
And the king of Ai he hanged on a tree until eventide: and as soon as the sun was down, Joshua commanded that they should take his carcase down from the tree, and cast it at the entering of the gate of the city, and raise thereon a great heap of stones, that remaineth unto this day.
And Joshua made them that day hewers of wood and drawers of water for the congregation, and for the altar of the LORD, even unto this day, in the place which he should choose.
At sunset Joshua commanded that they be taken down from the treesand thrown into the cave where they had hidden. Then large stones were placed against the mouth of the cave, and the stones are there to this day.
Nevertheless the children of Israel drove not out the Geshurites, nor the Maacathites: but Geshur and Maacath dwell in the midst of Israel unto this day.
Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.
As for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out: but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day.
And they drave not out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer: but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this day, and serve under tribute.
Ye have not left your brethren these many days unto this day, but have kept the charge of the commandment of the LORD your God.
Is the iniquity of Peor too little for us, from which we have not cleansed ourselves unto this day, although there came a plague upon the congregation of Jehovah,
But cleave unto the LORD your God, as ye have done unto this day.
For the LORD hath driven out from before you great nations and strong: but as for you, no man hath been able to stand before you unto this day.
And the children of Benjamin did not drive out the Jebusites that inhabited Jerusalem; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Benjamin in Jerusalem unto this day.
And the man went into the land of the Hittites, and built a city, and called the name thereof Luz: which is the name thereof unto this day.
Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.
And he had thirty sons that rode on thirty ass colts, and they had thirty cities, which are called Havothjair unto this day, which are in the land of Gilead.
But God clave an hollow place that was in the jaw, and there came water thereout; and when he had drunk, his spirit came again, and he revived: wherefore he called the name thereof Enhakkore, which is in Lehi unto this day.
And they went up, and pitched in Kirjathjearim, in Judah: wherefore they called that place Mahanehdan unto this day: behold, it is behind Kirjathjearim.
And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds.
Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.
And the golden mice, according to the number of all the cities of the Philistines belonging to the five lords, both of fenced cities, and of country villages, even unto the great stone of Abel, whereon they set down the ark of the LORD: which stone remaineth unto this day in the field of Joshua, the Bethshemite.
According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.
And now, behold, the king walketh before you: and I am old and grayheaded; and, behold, my sons are with you: and I have walked before you from my childhood unto this day.
And David said unto Jonathan, "Behold, tomorrow is the first day of the month, and I should sit with the king at meat. But let me go that I may hide myself in the fields unto this day three days at evening.
Then Achish gave him Ziklag that day: wherefore Ziklag pertaineth unto the kings of Judah unto this day.
Then said the princes of the Philistines, What do these Hebrews here? And Achish said unto the princes of the Philistines, Is not this David, the servant of Saul the king of Israel, which hath been with me these days, or these years, and I have found no fault in him since he fell unto me unto this day?
Then Achish called David, and said unto him, Surely, as the LORD liveth, thou hast been upright, and thy going out and thy coming in with me in the host is good in my sight: for I have not found evil in thee since the day of thy coming unto me unto this day: nevertheless the lords favour thee not.
And David said unto Achish, But what have I done? and what hast thou found in thy servant so long as I have been with thee unto this day, that I may not go fight against the enemies of my lord the king?
And it was so from that day forward, that he made it a statute and an ordinance for Israel unto this day.
and the Beerothites flee to Gittaim, and are there sojourners unto this day.
And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perezuzzah to this day.
Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.
Now Absalom in his lifetime had taken and reared up for himself a pillar, which is in the king's dale: for he said, I have no son to keep my name in remembrance: and he called the pillar after his own name: and it is called unto this day, Absalom's place.
Solomon replied, "You demonstrated great loyalty to your servant, my father David, as he served you faithfully, properly, and sincerely. You have maintained this great loyalty to this day by allowing his son to sit on his throne.
And they drew out the staves, that the ends of the staves were seen out in the holy place before the oracle, and they were not seen without: and there they are unto this day.
And he said, What cities are these which thou hast given me, my brother? And he called them the land of Cabul unto this day.
Their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel also were not able utterly to destroy, upon those did Solomon levy a tribute of bondservice unto this day.
And the king made of the almug trees pillars for the house of the LORD, and for the king's house, harps also and psalteries for singers: there came no such almug trees, nor were seen unto this day.
So Israel rebelled against the house of David unto this day.
So the waters were healed unto this day, according to the saying of Elisha which he spake.
Yet Edom revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. Then Libnah revolted at the same time.
And they brake down the image of Baal, and brake down the house of Baal, and made it a draught house unto this day.
He slew of Edom in the valley of salt ten thousand, and took Selah by war, and called the name of it Joktheel unto this day.
At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day.
Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.
Unto this day they do after the former manners: they fear not the LORD, neither do they after their statutes, or after their ordinances, or after the law and commandment which the LORD commanded the children of Jacob, whom he named Israel;
So these nations feared the LORD, and served their graven images, both their children, and their children's children: as did their fathers, so do they unto this day.
Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store unto this day, shall be carried into Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the LORD.
Because they have done that which was evil in my sight, and have provoked me to anger, since the day their fathers came forth out of Egypt, even unto this day.
And these written by name came in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and smote their tents, and the habitations that were found there, and destroyed them utterly unto this day, and dwelt in their rooms: because there was pasture there for their flocks.
And they smote the rest of the Amalekites that were escaped, and dwelt there unto this day.
And the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgathpilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh, and brought them unto Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river Gozan, unto this day.
he serves to this day at the King's Gate on the east. These were the gatekeepers from the camp of the descendants of Levi.
And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzza: wherefore that place is called Perezuzza to this day.
For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another.
And they drew out the staves of the ark, that the ends of the staves were seen from the ark before the oracle; but they were not seen without. And there it is unto this day.
of their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel consumed not, of them did Solomon raise a levy of bondservants unto this day.
And Israel rebelled against the house of David unto this day.
And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD: therefore the name of the same place was called, The valley of Berachah, unto this day.
So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the LORD God of his fathers.
And Jeremiah lamented for Josiah: and all the singing men and the singing women spake of Josiah in their lamentations to this day, and made them an ordinance in Israel: and, behold, they are written in the lamentations.
Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our iniquities have we, our kings, and our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
Turn back now to them according to this day, their fields, their vineyards, their olive trees, and their houses, and the hundredth of the silver and the grain, the new wine and the new oil which ye impose upon them.
And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity, made booths, and dwelt therein. For since the time of Jeshua the son of Nun unto this day, had not the children of Israel done so, and there was very great gladness.
You performed signs and wonders against Pharaoh, all his officials, and all the people of his land, for You knew how arrogantly they treated our ancestors. You made a name for Yourself that endures to this day.
Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the terrible God, who keepest covenant and mercy, let not all the trouble seem little before thee, that hath come upon us, on our kings, on our princes, and on our priests, and on our prophets, and on our fathers, and on all thy people, since the time of the kings of Assyria unto this day.
Behold, we are slaves to this day, and the land that you have given to our ancestors to eat its fruits and [enjoy] its goodness--behold, we are slaves in it!
Then said Esther, If it please the king, let it be granted to the Jews which are in Shushan to do to morrow also according unto this day's decree, and let Haman's ten sons be hanged upon the gallows.
O God, you have taught me from my youth: and to this day have I declared your wondrous works.
Your laws remain to this day, for all things serve you.
'Look! days [are] coming, and all that [is] in your house and that which your ancestors have stored up to this day shall be carried off [to] Babylon. Nothing shall be left,' says Yahweh.
We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God.
Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
and will keep my promise, that I have sworn unto your fathers: Namely, that I would give them a land which floweth with milk and honey, as ye see it is come to pass unto this day." Then answered I, and said, "Amen. It is even so, O LORD, as thou sayest."
For I earnestly protested unto your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the land of Egypt, even unto this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice.
From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, even unto this day, that is the three and twentieth year, the word of the LORD hath come unto me, and I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye have not hearkened.
Jerusalem and the cities of Judah [being most guilty because their privileges were greatest], its kings and princes, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, a hissing, and a curse, as it is to this day;
Which hast set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day, and in Israel, and among other men; and hast made thee a name, as at this day;
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Affairs of This Life (3 instances in 9 translations)
- All Day Long (53 instances in 26 translations)
- All the Words of This Law (9 instances in 21 translations)
- At the Last Day (8 instances in 31 translations)
- Cares of This Life (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Cares of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Children Of This World (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Conformed to This World (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Cool of the Day (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Course of This World (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Day After Day (44 instances in 21 translations)
- Day and Hour No One Knows (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Day and Night (51 instances in 39 translations)
- Day of Affliction (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Day of Atonement (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Day of Battle (11 instances in 21 translations)
- Day Of Calamity (11 instances in 11 translations)
- Day of Christ (6 instances in 36 translations)
- Day of Clouds (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Day of Darkness (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Day Of Destruction (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Day Of Distress (12 instances in 18 translations)
- Day of Doom (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Day of His Death (8 instances in 21 translations)
- Day of His Wrath (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Day of Judgment (32 instances in 36 translations)
- Day of Our Lord Jesus Christ (1 instance in 35 translations)
- Day of Pentecost (4 instances in 34 translations)
- Day of Punishment (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Day of Salvation (5 instances in 35 translations)
- Day of the Lord (44 instances in 39 translations)
- Day of Trouble (26 instances in 20 translations)
- Day of Vengeance (7 instances in 19 translations)
- Day of Wrath (7 instances in 36 translations)
- Day Star (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Day Which the Lord Has Made (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Day Your Lord Will Come (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Destroy This Temple (4 instances in 30 translations)
- Divide the Day from the Night (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Do This and Live (1 instance in 4 translations)
- End of This Age (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Explain This Parable (1 instance in 6 translations)
- First Day (71 instances in 38 translations)
- First Day of the Week (9 instances in 32 translations)
- For This Cause (319 instances in 28 translations)
- For This Purpose (25 instances in 29 translations)
- For This Very Reason (11 instances in 21 translations)
- Foundation Of This House (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Great and Dreadful Day of the Lord (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Greater Light to Rule the Day (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Heat of the Day (8 instances in 30 translations)
- In that Day (253 instances in 33 translations)
- In The Day Of Trouble (11 instances in 15 translations)
- Judgment Of This World (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Last Day (38 instances in 39 translations)
- Light of This World (1 instance in 35 translations)
- Light to Rule the Day (1 instance in 12 translations)
- My Kingdom is Not of This World (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Night and Day (24 instances in 38 translations)
- Of This Life (20 instances in 34 translations)
- Of This World (53 instances in 39 translations)
- On that Day (255 instances in 33 translations)
- On the First Day of the Week (9 instances in 30 translations)
- On The Seventh Day He Rested (2 instances in 14 translations)
- On the Third Day (47 instances in 36 translations)
- On This Rock (2 instances in 35 translations)
- People Of This Age (2 instances in 3 translations)
- People Of This World (3 instances in 9 translations)
- Poor of This World (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Raised On The Third Day (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Raised the Third Day (5 instances in 11 translations)
- Recorded In This Book Of The Law (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Remember the Sabbath Day (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Remove This Cup (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Rested on the Seventh Day (4 instances in 25 translations)
- Rested The Sabbath Day (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Rose Again the Third Day (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Ruler of This World (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Sabbath Day (102 instances in 36 translations)
- Same Day (133 instances in 36 translations)
- Separate The Day From The Night (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Seventh Day (52 instances in 37 translations)
- Sons of This Age (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Sons of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Sufficient for the Day (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Take This Cup (3 instances in 20 translations)
- Third Day (87 instances in 38 translations)
- Third Day Be Raised (2 instances in 11 translations)
- This Cup (12 instances in 38 translations)
- This Generation (24 instances in 37 translations)
- This is My Body (4 instances in 36 translations)
- This Is What The Lord Says (183 instances in 5 translations)
- This Very Day (110 instances in 29 translations)
- This Will Be a Sign (5 instances in 8 translations)
- This Will Be the Sign (10 instances in 8 translations)
- Tormented in This Flame (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Until This Day (88 instances in 26 translations)
- Ways Of This World (2 instances in 3 translations)
- We Brought Nothing into This World (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Words of This Book (7 instances in 34 translations)
- Worries Of This Life (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Abounding, In The Last Days
- Affliction Day And Night
- All Day
- Ancient Of Days
- Apostasy In The Last Days
- As At This Day
- At Daybreak
- Bad Days
- Cares Of This World
- Dark Days
- Darkness During Daytime
- Day 10
- Day 11
- Day 12
- Day 15
- Day 2
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day Of Atonement
- Day of the LORD
- Day Or Night
- Days, Description Of
- Days, Last
- Days, Natural Use
- During The Day
- Eight Days
- False Religion To This Day
- Forty Days
- Four Or Five Days
- Given Names To This Day
- Labour Day And Night
- Last Days
- Lord's Day, The
- No Work On Feast Days
- Once A Day
- One Day
- Places To This Day
- Protection Day And Night
- Provision Of Day
- Provision Of Day And Night
- Relationships To This Day
- Seven Days
- Seven Days For Legal Purposes
- Several Days
- Several Times A Day
- Six Days
- Statutes To This Day
- Ten Or More Days
- The Coming Day Of God's Wrath
- The Cool Of The Day
- The Day Of Judgement
- The Fact Of That Day
- The Fifth Day Of The Week
- The Final Days Of Time
- The First Day Of The Week
- The Fourth Day Of The Week
- The Next Day
- The Second Day Of The Week
- The Seventh Day Of The Week
- The Sixth Day Of The Week
- The Third Day Of The Week
- This Generation
- This Is Me
- Three Days
- Three Days And Nights
- Two Days
- Until Daybreak
- Using The Day
- What Is This?
- Where People Live To This Day
- Who Is This?
- Why Do Others Do This?
- Why Do People Not Do This?
- Why Do You Do This?
- Why Does God Do This?
- Why Does Jesus Do This?
- Why Does This Happen?
- Worship Day And Night
- People Naming Things
- 18 more topics on This
- 69 more topics on Day