'Sin' in the Bible
Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves [abandoning them to the degrading power of sin],
They were secret backbiters, open slanderers; hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful; inventors of new forms of sin, disobedient to parents, destitute of common sense,
for as many as without law did sin, without law also shall perish, and as many as did sin in law, through law shall be judged,
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God --
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who did not sin in the likeness of Adam's transgression. He is a prototype of the Coming One.
And the gift is not like the one man's sin, because from one sin came the judgment, resulting in condemnation, but from many trespasses came the gift, resulting in justification.
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.
For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
When we were living in the flesh (mere physical lives), the sinful passions that were awakened and aroused up by [what] the Law [makes sin] were constantly operating in our natural powers (in our bodily organs, in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh), so that we bore fruit for death.
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Now the mind of the flesh [which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit] is death [death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter]. But the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever].
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
But I beseech you, brethren, to keep a watch on those who are causing the divisions among you, and are leading others into sin, in defiance of the instruction which you have received; and habitually to shun them.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (16)
- Exodus (22)
- Leviticus (119)
- Numbers (80)
- Deuteronomy (19)
- Joshua (4)
- Judges (3)
- 1 Samuel (25)
- 2 Samuel (11)
- 1 Kings (24)
- 2 Kings (20)
- 1 Chronicles (6)
- 2 Chronicles (26)
- Ezra (11)
- Nehemiah (5)
- Job (42)
- Psalm (65)
- Proverbs (29)
- Ecclesiastes (3)
- Isaiah (37)
- Jeremiah (28)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (68)
- Daniel (9)
- Hosea (17)
- Amos (5)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (8)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (3)
- Zechariah (7)
- Malachi (1)
- Matthew (19)
- Mark (11)
- Luke (16)
- John (16)
- Acts (4)
- Romans (46)
- 1 Corinthians (20)
- 2 Corinthians (5)
- Galatians (5)
- Ephesians (3)
- Philippians (1)
- Colossians (3)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (1)
- 1 Timothy (4)
- 2 Timothy (3)
- Titus (2)
- Hebrews (29)
- James (5)
- 1 Peter (6)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (13)
- Jude (2)
- Sin-bearer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-bearing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-filled (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-laden (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-offering (114 instances in 3 translations)
- Sin-offerings (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Sin-stained (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sincere (27 instances in 11 translations)
- Sincerely (15 instances in 11 translations)
- Sincerity (31 instances in 13 translations)
- Sinew (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Sinews (13 instances in 11 translations)
- Sinful (113 instances in 13 translations)
- Sinfully (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Sinfulness (9 instances in 7 translations)
- Sing (186 instances in 13 translations)
- Singe (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Singed (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Singeth (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Singing (84 instances in 13 translations)
- Singing-men (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Singing-women (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Single (219 instances in 12 translations)
- Single-heartedness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Single-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Singled (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Singleness (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Singly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sings (7 instances in 8 translations)
- Singsong (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Singular (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Singularly (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Sinister (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sink (24 instances in 13 translations)
- Sinketh (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Sinking (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Sinks (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Sinless (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Sinned (187 instances in 14 translations)
- Sinner (89 instances in 14 translations)
- Sinner's (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Sinners (141 instances in 14 translations)
- Sinnest (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Sinneth (25 instances in 4 translations)
- Sinning (78 instances in 14 translations)
- Sins (413 instances in 14 translations)
- Sins-ye (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Aaron, Sins Of
- Abominations, Sin Is
- Acknowledge, Sin
- Adam, Results Of Sin
- Adam, Sin Of
- All Have Sinned
- All Sins Being Equal
- Allurements Of Sin
- Angels Singing
- Anger, Sinful Examples
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Atonement, Remission Of Sins By
- Avoiding Sin
- Babies Sinful From Birth
- Being Born In Sin
- Being Cleansed From Sin
- Being Dead In Sin
- Bribery, Is Sin
- Carrying Sin
- Christ's Authority Over Sin
- Concealment, Of Sin
- Confession of sin
- Confronting Sins
- Continual Sin
- Continuing In Sin
- Conviction Of Sin
- Covenant Made At Sinai
- Creation Spoilt By Sin
- Darkness, As A Symbol Of Sin
- Dead To Sin
- Death Penalty For Sexual Sin
- Death of
- Defilement, By Sin
- Disfigurement Of Sin
- Effect Of The Law
- Exposure Of Sin
- Far Be It!
- Fathers, Sin Of The
- Fellowship With Sinners
- Flesh As The Sinful Nature
- Forgiveness Of Sins
- Forsaking Sin
- Fruits Of Sin
- Garments Of Sin
- God Remembering Sin
- God Saves From Sin And Death
- God's People Sinning
- Hiding Sins
- How Sin Comes With Afflictions
- I Will Sing Praises
- Jesus Christ, Sinlessness
- Justified By Grace
- Knowledge, Of Sin
- Leaders Sinning
- Living In Sin
- Man Of Sin
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Materialism, As An Aspect Of Sin
- No Sin
- Opposition, To Sin And Evil
- Origins Of Sin
- Parents Sin
- Participation, In Sin
- Pathways Of Sin
- Praying For Sinners
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Reminders Of Sin
- Remission Of Sin
- Restoring Sinners
- Secret Sins
- Sexual Sin, Nature Of
- Sexual Sins
- Sin Bearer
- Sin Brings Impoverishment
- Sin Brings Sickness
- Sin Clings To The Sinner
- Sin Confessed
- Sin Made Known
- Sin Offering
- Sin Produces Death
- Sin Producing Death
- Sin Separates From God
- Sin, Accepting Forgiveness Of
- Sin, Against Holy Spirit
- Sin, And God's Character
- Sin, Avoidance Of
- Sin, Causes Of
- Sin, Confession Of
- Sin, Consequences Of
- Sin, Deliverance From God
- Sin, Effects Of
- Sin, God's Judgment On
- Sin, God's Remedy For
- Sin, Known To God
- Sin, Love Of
- Sin, Nature Of
- Sin, Universality Of
- Sincerity, In Christian Living
- Sinful Hearts
- Singleness Of Heart
- Sinners Grasped By Death
- Sinning Repeatedly
- Sins Of Omission
- Sins Of The Fathers
- Sins Of The Flesh
- Spiritual Blindness, Results Of Sin
- Spiritually Dead
- Subject To Evil
- Terms Of The Covenant At Sinai
- The Entrance Of Sin
- The Reality Of Sin
- The Sin Nature
- The Unpardonable Sin
- Those Singing Praise
- Unforgivable Sin
- Unprofitable Sins
- We Have Sinned
- What Sin?
- Who Can Forgive Sins?
- Without The Law
- Evil, warnings against
- Natural Death