'Faith' in the Bible
Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
Though I had said violent words against God, and done cruel acts, causing great trouble: but I was given mercy, because I did it without knowledge, not having faith;
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
It is a true saying, in which all may put their faith, that Christ Jesus came into the world to give salvation to sinners, of whom I am the chief:
But for this reason I was given mercy, so that in me, the chief of sinners, Jesus Christ might make clear all his mercy, as an example to those who in the future would have faith in him to eternal life.
Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
And he must be well thought of by those outside the faith, so that he may not fall into disgrace and be caught by the devil's trap.
Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
And without argument, great is the secret of religion: He who was seen in the flesh, who was given God's approval in the spirit, was seen by the angels, of whom the good news was given among the nations, in whom the world had faith, who was taken up in glory.
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Who keep men from being married and from taking food which God made to be taken with praise by those who have faith and true knowledge.
If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
This is a true saying, in which all may put their faith.
And this is the purpose of all our work and our fighting, because our hope is in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, and specially of those who have faith.
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.
So I would have younger [widows] marry, bear children, guide the household, [and] not give opponents of the faith occasion for slander or reproach.
If any woman of the faith has relations who are widows, let her give them help, so that the care of them does not come on the church, and so it may give help to those who are truly widowed.
And let those whose masters are of the faith have respect for them because they are brothers, working for them the more readily, because those who take part in the good work are of the faith and are dear. Give orders and teaching about these things.
Bitter talk of men who, being evil in mind and dead to what is true, take the faith to be a way of making profit.
But true faith, with peace of mind, is of great profit:
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
I give you orders before God, the giver of life, and Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate gave witness to the faith,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (6)
- Exodus (6)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (3)
- Deuteronomy (9)
- Joshua (5)
- Judges (5)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (4)
- 1 Kings (4)
- 2 Kings (11)
- 1 Chronicles (1)
- 2 Chronicles (11)
- Ezra (2)
- Nehemiah (4)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (96)
- Proverbs (20)
- Isaiah (25)
- Jeremiah (30)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (4)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (4)
- Micah (2)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (5)
- Matthew (24)
- Mark (22)
- Luke (22)
- John (61)
- Acts (58)
- Romans (59)
- 1 Corinthians (23)
- 2 Corinthians (14)
- Galatians (24)
- Ephesians (11)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (14)
- 2 Thessalonians (11)
- 1 Timothy (32)
- 2 Timothy (12)
- Titus (10)
- Philemon (4)
- Hebrews (47)
- James (16)
- 1 Peter (10)
- 2 Peter (5)
- 1 John (9)
- 3 John (3)
- Jude (3)
- Revelation (5)
- Fail (178 instances in 13 translations)
- Failed (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Faileth (22 instances in 3 translations)
- Failing (25 instances in 13 translations)
- Failings (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Fails (48 instances in 10 translations)
- Failure (12 instances in 8 translations)
- Failures (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Fain (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Faint (88 instances in 13 translations)
- Faint-hearted (10 instances in 13 translations)
- Fainted (14 instances in 11 translations)
- Faintest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Fainteth (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Fainting (14 instances in 12 translations)
- Faintness (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Faints (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Fair (183 instances in 14 translations)
- Fair-minded (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fairer (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Fairest (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Fairly (31 instances in 8 translations)
- Fairness (25 instances in 6 translations)
- Fairs (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Faith-cleansed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Faithful (347 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithfully (57 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithfulness (151 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithless (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithlessly (10 instances in 3 translations)
- Faithlessness (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Acknowledge, Faith In Christ
- Agape Love
- Assurance in the life of faith
- Assurance, By Faith In Christ
- Attitudes Of Faith
- Beneficial Afflictions For Faith
- Benefits Of Faith In Christ
- Children In The Faith
- Deficient Faith
- Encouraging Faith In Christ
- Examples Of Faith
- Exploits Of Faith
- Faith Moving Mountains
- Faith That Works
- Faith, And Blessings Of God
- Faith, As A Body Of Beliefs
- Faith, As Basis Of Salvation
- Faith, Growth In
- Faith, Nature Of
- Faith, Necessity Of
- Faith, Object Of
- Faith, Origins Of
- Faith, Testing Of
- Faithful In Little
- Faithful In Much
- Faithful Sayings
- Faithful, Choose To Remain
- Faithfulness, Examples Of
- Faithfulness, In Human Relationships
- Faithfulness, To God
- Faithlessness, As Disobedience
- Fight Of Faith
- Foreigners Saved By Faith
- God, Faithfulness Of
- How Faith Comes
- Justification By Faith
- Knowing God's Truth
- Lack Of Faith
- Life Through Faith
- Life, Of Faith
- Maintaining Faith
- Prayer, And Faith
- Reasons For Faith In Christ
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Saved By Faith
- Saving Faith
- Strong Faith In Christ
- The Effects Of Faith
- The Faith
- Those Who Had Faith
- Unbelief, And Life Of Faith
- Unfaithful Ministers
- Unfaithfulness, To God
- Unfaithfulness, To People
- Unseen Faith
- Works Of Faith