'Everlasting Life' in the Bible
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better to lose part of your body, than for your whole body to be destroyed in the ever-burning fire. (Figuratively: lose prospect for everlasting life; ever-burning fire means total destruction.)
And lo! one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have everlasting life?
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
These will go away into ever-burning fire (everlasting cutting off) (death) (total destruction) (doom) (punishment) (everlasting penalty), but the righteous to everlasting life.'
As he traveled someone ran to him, kneeled and asked him: Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit everlasting life?
will receive a hundred times as much now in this time, and in the age to come everlasting life.
And then a certain lawyer arose to try (test, tempt) Him, saying, Teacher, what am I to do to inherit everlasting life [that is, to partake of eternal salvation in the Messiah's kingdom]?
And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good teacher, what shall I do to inherit everlasting life?
who shall not receive manifold more now and in the age to come everlasting life.
Everyone who has an active faith in him may have everlasting life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Already is the reaper receiving wages, and gathering fruit unto everlasting life; that both the sower and the reaper may rejoice together.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
You search (investigate) (study) the Scriptures because you think that in them you have everlasting life. These Scriptures testify about me.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life! I will raise him up at the last day.
Simon Peter answered him: Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of everlasting life!
and I give them everlasting life; and they shall never perish, nor shall any one tear them out of my hand.
He that loves his life [in this world] loses it; and he that detests (does not love) his life in this world shall save it for everlasting life.
I know that his commandment means everlasting life. Therefore I say the things the Father tells me to say.
You have given him authority over all flesh that he may give everlasting life to the ones whom you have given him.
This is everlasting life that they should have *deep, intimate knowledge of you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have commissioned. *(Greek: ginosko: know, perceive, be sure, understand)
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
And when the gentiles heard this, they rejoiced, and glorified the word of the Lord; and as many as were ordained to everlasting life, believed.
[He offers] everlasting life for those who search for incorruptible glory and honor by enduring in good works.
And what for? Just as sin reigned in death, even so might grace reign through righteousness to everlasting life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift from God is everlasting life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
He that sows to his own flesh will harvest corruption of the flesh. But he that sows to the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.
Fight the good fight of the faith! Lay hold on everlasting life! You were called and confessed the good confession in the sight of many witnesses.
in hope of everlasting life, which God, who cannot lie, promised from the most ancient times,
that having been accepted as righteous by his grace, we might become heirs according to the hope of everlasting life.
(for the Life was revealed, and we have seen it and bear witness, and show to you the everlasting Life, who was with the Father and was revealed to us),
And this is the promise that He has promised us: everlasting life.
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer! You know that no murderer has everlasting life remaining in him.
The testimony is this that God gave us everlasting life and this life is in his Son.
I wrote these things so you who believe in the name of the Son of God may know you have everlasting life.
We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. We know him that is true for we are in him who is true, [and] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and everlasting life.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Affairs of This Life (3 instances in 10 translations)
- All the Days of His Life (19 instances in 22 translations)
- All the Days of My Life (2 instances in 22 translations)
- All the Days of Our Life (3 instances in 20 translations)
- Author Of Life (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Book of Life (10 instances in 40 translations)
- Bread of Life (4 instances in 35 translations)
- Breath of Life (19 instances in 29 translations)
- Broken the Everlasting Covenant (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Cares of This Life (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Choose Life (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Crown of Life (2 instances in 38 translations)
- Enter into Life (7 instances in 30 translations)
- Enter Life (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Eternal Life (60 instances in 36 translations)
- Everlasting Covenant (18 instances in 22 translations)
- Everlasting Father (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Everlasting Kingdom (6 instances in 22 translations)
- Everlasting Light (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Everlasting Possession (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Everlasting Punishment (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Everlasting Ruins (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Fountain of Life (8 instances in 21 translations)
- From Everlasting to Everlasting (6 instances in 14 translations)
- Gives Life to the Dead (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Hope of Eternal Life (2 instances in 31 translations)
- I Lay Down My Life (2 instances in 28 translations)
- In Him Was Life (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Inherit Eternal Life (5 instances in 29 translations)
- Issues of Life (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Justification of Life (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Laid Down His Life (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Lay Down My Life (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Lay Hold on Eternal Life (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Lead a Quiet Life (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Leads to Life (10 instances in 24 translations)
- Life from the Dead (2 instances in 31 translations)
- Life in Christ Jesus (5 instances in 28 translations)
- Life is a Breath (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Life Is But A Breath (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Life is More Than Food (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Life Is Wind (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Life More Than Food (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Life of God (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Life of Jesus (4 instances in 22 translations)
- Life of the World (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Life Was the Light of Men (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Life Which is in Christ (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Life Which Was with the Father (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Life Will Be Saved (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Life Will Be Spared (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Light of Life (3 instances in 35 translations)
- Loved You with an Everlasting Love (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Of This Life (20 instances in 35 translations)
- Passed from Death to Life (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Path of Life (4 instances in 21 translations)
- Pride of Life (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Prince of Life (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Raised to Life (25 instances in 22 translations)
- Reap Life Everlasting (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Receive the Crown of Life (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Restored to Life (11 instances in 24 translations)
- Resurrection of Life (1 instance in 26 translations)
- Riches and Pleasures of Life (1 instance in 9 translations)
- River of Water of Life (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Road That Leads To Life (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Save His Life (25 instances in 33 translations)
- Saved by His Life (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Seek My Life (10 instances in 28 translations)
- Spare His Life (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Spirit Gives Life (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Spirit is Life (3 instances in 24 translations)
- Spirit of Life (9 instances in 30 translations)
- Spirit Who Gives Life (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Springs Of Life (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Take Hold Of The Eternal Life (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Tendeth To Life (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Took His Life in His Hands (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Tree of Life (12 instances in 40 translations)
- Underneath are the Everlasting Arms (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Water of Life (9 instances in 38 translations)
- Way of Life (53 instances in 30 translations)
- Wellspring of Life (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Whoever Loses His Life (5 instances in 15 translations)
- Whoever Loses His Life for My Sake (4 instances in 11 translations)
- Whosoever Will Lose His Life For My Sake (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Word of Life (4 instances in 34 translations)
- Words of Eternal Life (2 instances in 27 translations)
- Worries Of This Life (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Aaron, Life Events
- Abraham, Calling And Life
- Abundant Life
- Active Lifestyles
- Age, Span Of Life
- Animal Life
- As Long As Life Lasts
- Assurance in the life of faith
- Balance In Life
- Blood, as basis of life
- Book of life
- Breath Of Life
- Christ's Life
- Christ's Short Life
- David, Early Life
- Elijah, Life Of
- Encouragement In Life
- Entering Life
- Eternal life
- Eternal life, experience of
- Eternal life, gift of
- Eternal life, nature of
- Everlasting Arms
- Examples Of Life In The Spirit
- Experience, of life
- Fountains Of Life
- God Giving Life
- God's Activity In Human Life
- Grace, And Christian Life
- Hell Is Everlasting
- Humility In The Christians Life
- Jacob, Life And Character Of
- Length Of Life
- Life And Death
- Life Being Temporary
- Life By God's Word
- Life By Loving
- Life By Wisdom
- Life Cut Short
- Life Despised
- Life Expectancy, Post Flood
- Life Expectancy, Pre Flood
- Life Expectancy, Today
- Life In A Material World
- Life In Christ
- Life Is In Christ
- Life Loved
- Life Through Christ
- Life Through Faith
- Life Through Keeping The Law
- Life Through Repentance
- Life With Christ
- Life's Purpose
- Life, Brevity Of
- Life, Everlasting
- Life, Human
- Life, Of Faith
- Living The Life
- Long Life
- Losing One's Life
- Meaning Of The Risen Life
- Moses, Life Of
- Natural Life
- New Life
- Not Maintaining Life
- Opportunities, In Life
- Origins Of Spiritual Life
- Paul, Life Of
- Physical Life
- Priorities In Life
- Redemption, In Everyday Life
- River Of Life
- Sanctity Of Life
- Seasons, Of Life
- Seeking Life
- Servanthood, In Life Of Believers
- Social Life
- Solomon, Life Of
- Spiritual life
- Spiritual Life, Described By
- Spiritual Life, Maintained By
- Spiritual Life, Nature Of
- The Holy Spirit Giving Life
- The Surrendered life
- The Water Of Life
- Tree Of Life
- Unbelief, And Life Of Faith
- Unfading Life
- Water, As A Symbol Of Life
- Weariness Of Life
- Last Things
- Doing God's Works
- God, The Eternal
- Saved By Faith
- Saving Faith
- 3 more topics on Everlasting
- 87 more topics on Life