'Righteous Man' in the Bible
These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, and perfect in his generations: Noah walked with God.
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay a righteous man with a wicked man, that so the righteous man should be as the wicked man. Far be it from thee. Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
from a false matter thou dost keep far off, and an innocent and righteous man thou dost not slay; for I do not justify a wicked man.
When there ariseth a controversy between men, and they come nigh unto judgment, and judgment is granted them, then shall they justify the righteous man, and condemn the lawless.
Also -- when wicked men have slain the righteous man in his own house, on his bed; and now, do not I require his blood of your hand, and have taken you away from the earth?'
A laughing-stock to one's neighbour, do I become, one who hath called upon GOD and he hath answered him! A laughing-stock - a righteous man without blame!
But the righteous man holds to his way, and the one with clean hands grows stronger.
Surely, such are the dwellings of the unrighteous man, and such the place of him that knoweth not God.
what he stores up a righteous man will wear, and an innocent man will inherit his silver.
So these three men would strive no more with Job, because he held himself a righteous man.
For thou, Jehovah, wilt bless the righteous man; with favour wilt thou surround him as with a shield.
Oh let the wrong of the wicked come to an end, and establish thou the righteous man; even thou that triest the hearts and reins, the righteous God.
When the pillars are overthrown, What could, a righteous man, do?
LORD tries the righteous man, but his soul hates the wicked man and him who loves violence.
There have they been in great dread, because, God, is in the circle of the righteous man.
Let the lying lips be dumb, which speak against the righteous man insolently, with pride and contempt.
Misfortune shall be the death of the lawless one, And, the haters of the righteous man, shall be held guilty.
The wicked man plots against the righteous man, and gnashes upon him with his teeth.
A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
A lawless man borroweth, and will not repay, But, a righteous man, showeth favour and giveth;
Young, have I been, moreover am old, - Yet have I not seen, A righteous man forsaken, Nor his seed begging bread:
The mouth of a righteous man, softly uttereth wisdom, and, his tongue, speaketh justice:
A wicked man watches a righteous man, and seeks to kill him.
Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation; deliver me from the deceitful and unrighteous man.
(Cast thy burden upon LORD, and he will sustain thee. He will never allow the righteous man to be moved.)
The righteous man will rejoice when he hath seen an avenging, His feet, will he bathe in the blood of the lawless one: -
So that a son of earth may say - Surely there is fruit for the righteous man! Surely there are gods who judge in the earth!
The righteous man shall rejoice Yahweh, and seek refuge in him, Then shall glory - all who are upright in heart.
All the horns of the wicked I will also cut off, but the horns of a righteous man shall be lifted up.
The righteous man will flourish like the palm tree, He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
They gather themselves together against the soul of a righteous man, and condemn innocent blood.
Light is sown for the righteous man, and gladness for the upright in heart.
for he shall never be moved. A righteous man shall be had in everlasting remembrance.
Let the righteous man smite and correct me -- "it is a kindness. Oil so choice let not my head refuse or discourage; for even in their evils or calamities shall my prayer continue.
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
Jehovah suffereth not the soul of the righteous man to famish; but he repelleth the craving of the wicked.
Blessings are upon the head of a righteous man; but the mouth of the wicked covereth violence.
The memory of the righteous man shall be blessed; but the name of the wicked shall rot.
The mouth of a righteous man is a fountain of life; but the mouth of the wicked covereth violence.
The labour of a righteous man tendeth to life; the revenue of a wicked man, to sin.
The tongue of the righteous man is as choice silver; the heart of the wicked is little worth.
The lips of a righteous man feed many; but fools die for want of understanding.
When the whirlwind passes, the wicked man is no more, but the righteous man is an everlasting foundation.
The righteous man shall never be moved; but the wicked shall not inhabit the land.
The mouth of a righteous man putteth forth wisdom; but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
The lips of a righteous man know what is acceptable; but the mouth of the wicked is frowardness.
The righteous man, out of distress, is delivered, then cometh a lawless man into his place.
The fruit of a righteous man is a tree of life, and he who is wise wins souls.
Behold, a righteous man shall be recompensed in the earth, how much more the wicked man and the sinner!
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast; But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
In the transgression of the lips is an evil snare; but a righteous man shall go forth out of trouble.
There shall no evil happen to a righteous man; but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.
The [consistently] righteous man is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked causes others to go astray.
A righteous man hateth lying; But a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children; but the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the righteous man.
A righteous man eats until he is satisfied, but the stomach of the wicked is empty.
The evil bow before the good, and the wicked at the gates of the righteous man.
An evil man is thrust down in his evil-doing, but a righteous man has hope in his death.
In the house of a righteous man is much treasure; but in the revenue of a wicked man is disturbance.
The heart of a righteous man studieth to answer; but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
He who justifies a wicked man, and he who condemns a righteous man, both of them alike are an abomination to LORD.
To punish a righteous man is not good, nor to strike nobles because of their uprightness.
It is terrible to show partiality to the wicked, by depriving a righteous man of justice.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the [consistently] righteous man [upright and in right standing with God] runs into it and is safe, high [above evil] and strong.
A righteous man that walketh in his integrity, Blessed are his children after him.
The righteous man considereth the house of the wicked, How the wicked are overthrown to their ruin.
It is joy to a righteous man to do what is right; but it is ruin for the workers of iniquity.
A wicked man is a ransom for a righteous man, and the treacherous dealer for the upright.
The father of a righteous man shall greatly rejoice, and he that begetteth a wise son shall have joy of him:
Don't set an ambush, wicked man, at the camp of the righteous man; don't destroy his dwelling.
For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again; But the wicked are overthrown by calamity.
A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.
Whoever causes the righteous man to go astray in an evil way, he himself shall fall into his own pit; but the upright shall inherit good.
In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare, but the [uncompromisingly] righteous man sings and rejoices.
The [consistently] righteous man knows and cares for the rights of the poor, but the wicked man has no interest in such knowledge.
I said to myself, "God will judge both the righteous man and the wicked man," for a time for every matter and for every deed is there.
All this have I seen in my days of vanity: there is a righteous man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man that prolongeth his life in his evil-doing.
Surely there is not a righteous man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
What my heart sought, I did not find. Although I found one righteous man among one thousand, I did not find one [upright] woman among all these.
Here is a pointless thing that happens on earth: A righteous man receives what happens to the wicked, and a wicked man receives what happens to the righteous. I concluded that this, too, is pointless.
All things come alike to all. There is one event to the righteous man and to the wicked man, to the good man and to the clean man and to the unclean man, to him who sacrifices and to him who does not sacrifice, as is the good man,
who justify the wicked for rewards, and take away the justice of the righteous man from him!
The path of a righteous man, is, even, - O Upright One! the track of a righteous man, thou makest level.
Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow.
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
The righteous man perishes, and no one lays it to heart; and merciful and devout men are taken away, with no one considering that the uncompromisingly upright and godly person is taken away from the calamity and evil to come [even through wickedness].
Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thy hand.
Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning; and thou hast delivered thy soul.
Because of the paining of the heart the righteous man with falsehood, whom, I, have not pained, - And strengthening the hands of the lawless man, that he should not turn from his wicked way. by letting him live
he walketh in my commandments, and keepeth my laws, and performeth them faithfully: This is a righteous man, he shall surly live, sayeth the LORD God.
And leaves undone all of the duties [of a righteous man], and has even eaten [the food set before idols] on the mountains and defiled his neighbor's wife,
The soul that sins, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, nor shall the father bear the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of a righteous man shall be upon him, and the wickedness of a wicked man shal
But if the righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? None of his righteous deeds which he has done shall be remembered. In his trespass that he has trespassed and in his sin that he has sinned, in them shall he die.
When the righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth therein; in his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
Thou, therefore, Son of man Say unto the sons of thy people - The righteousness of the righteous man, shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression, And as for the lawlessness of the lawless man, He shall not stumble thereby, in the day of his return from his lawlessness,- Nor shall the righteous man be able to live thereby, in the day of his sin.
When I say of the righteous man He shall surely live but he hath trusted in his righteousness and committed perversity None of his righteous deeds shall be mentioned, But by his perversity which he hath committed - thereby, shall he die.
When the righteous man shall turn from his righteousness and commit perversity Then shall he die for them;
Thus says LORD: For three transgressions of Israel, yea, for four, I will not turn away the punishment of it, because they have sold a righteous man for silver, and a needy man for a pair of shoes--
Therefore the law is slacked, and justice never goes forth. For the wicked man surrounds the righteous man, therefore justice goes forth perverted.
Look at the proud; his soul is not straight or right within him, but the [rigidly] just and the [uncompromisingly] righteous man shall live by his faith and in his faithfulness.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As One Man (31 instances in 26 translations)
- Behold the Man (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Blameless and Upright Man (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Blessed is the Man (25 instances in 31 translations)
- Certain Man (72 instances in 38 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Contentious Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Dishonored the Poor Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Double-Minded Man (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Every Man To His Inheritance (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Faithful Man (10 instances in 21 translations)
- First Man (12 instances in 39 translations)
- Foolish Man (58 instances in 37 translations)
- From One Man (4 instances in 17 translations)
- God Formed Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- God Is A Righteous Judge (1 instance in 12 translations)
- God is Greater Than Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- God is Not a Man (2 instances in 17 translations)
- God Judgeth The Righteous (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Good Man (64 instances in 39 translations)
- Happy is the Man (26 instances in 21 translations)
- Head of Every Man (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Heavenly Man (2 instances in 4 translations)
- If A Man Dies (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Inward Man (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Judge with Righteous Judgment (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Lazy Man (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Like a Drunken Man (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Lord is Righteous (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Lord Loves the Righteous (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Man After His Own Heart (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Man After My Own Heart (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Man and Beast (36 instances in 20 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Man From Heaven (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Man Full of Faith (1 instance in 39 translations)
- Man is Born to Trouble (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Man is Like a Breath (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Man Is Like To Vanity (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man Of Discretion (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man of God (94 instances in 37 translations)
- Man Of Heaven (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Man Of Integrity (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Man of Sorrows (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Man of Unclean Lips (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Man of Understanding (21 instances in 20 translations)
- Man of War (33 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Sent From God (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (3 instances in 18 translations)
- Mighty Man of Valor (7 instances in 11 translations)
- New Man (6 instances in 35 translations)
- No Man Hath Seen God (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Old Man (69 instances in 38 translations)
- Outward Man (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Perfect Man (13 instances in 26 translations)
- Prayer of a Righteous Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Prudent Man (12 instances in 24 translations)
- Rebuke A Wise Man (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Reprove a Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Reprove A Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Righteous Branch (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Righteous Decrees (5 instances in 10 translations)
- Righteous Judgments (12 instances in 19 translations)
- Righteous One (66 instances in 27 translations)
- Second Man (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Slothful Man (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Son of Man (232 instances in 40 translations)
- Spirit of Man (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Strive with Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Tongue Can No Man Tame (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Way of the Righteous (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Way that Seems Right to a Man (2 instances in 5 translations)
- What is Man (9 instances in 38 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Whatever a Man Sows (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Whatsoever A Man Soweth (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Whole Duty of Man (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Will a Man Rob God (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Will of Man (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Wise Man (78 instances in 37 translations)
- Wretched Man that I Am (1 instance in 21 translations)
- A Mans Character
- A Mans Reputation
- A Righteous People
- Anger Management
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Being A Man Of God
- Being Seen By Man
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brotherhood Of Man
- Christ Our Righteousness
- Civic Righteousness
- Clothed With Righteousness
- Creation Of All Mankind
- Dealing With Many People
- Death Of The Righteous
- Depravity Of Man
- Distinctives Of Righteousness
- Divine Manifestations
- Drawbacks To Man's Power
- Dung and manure
- Duty Of Man To God
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Fear Of Man
- Fruits Of Righteousness
- God In Relation To Man
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God, Righteousness Of
- Hating The Righteous
- Hope For The Righteous
- Imputed Righteousness
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Keeping Man's Word
- Killing Many People
- Love, Of Fellow Man
- Man A Mere Breath
- Man Appointing
- Man As Grass
- Man Avenging
- Man Defending
- Man Differentiating
- Man Going Down
- Man Keeping Watch
- Man Of God
- Man Of Sin
- Man Providing Water
- Man Trapping
- Man Vindicates
- Man's Action Tomorrow
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Man's Conduct Towards God
- Man's Counsel
- Man's Dominion
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Man's Favourite
- Man's Function
- Man's Needs
- Man's Purposes
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Man's Teaching
- Man's Thoughts
- Man's Ways
- Man's Wisdom
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Man's Work Finished
- Man, Creation Of
- Man, Insignificance Of
- Man, Trichotomy View Of
- Manifesting (making Something Clear)
- Many Combatants
- Many Creatures
- Many Deceivers And Deceived
- Many Enemies
- Many In Israel
- Many In The Church
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Numbers Of Righteous People
- Paths Of Righteousness
- People In Righteousness
- Praise, Manner And Methods Of
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Reconciliation, Between God And Man
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Reuben Gad And Half Manasseh
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteous By Obedience
- Righteous, The
- Righteousness imputed
- Righteousness Of Christ
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Self Righteousness, And The Gospel
- Self Righteousness, Nature Of
- Smiting Of The Righteous
- Son Of Man
- The Frailty Of Man
- The Glory Of Man
- The Inner Man
- The Lips Of The Righteous
- The New Man In Christ
- The Recompense Of The Righteous
- The Righteous Perishing
- The Righteous Prosper
- The Spirit Of Man
- Things Manifest
- Thoughts Of The Righteous
- Time Management
- Too Many Words
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- What Manner?
- What Value Is Man?
- Wise Man Or Fool
- Punishment of the The Wicked
- 17 more topics on Righteous
- 70 more topics on Man