'Turn Aside' in the Bible
So Asahel pursued Abner, and he did not turn aside to the right or to the left from going after Abner.
And Abner said to him, Turn thee aside to thy right hand or to thy left, and lay thee hold on one of the young men, and take thee his armour. But Asahel would not turn aside from following of him.
And Abner said again to Asahel, Turn aside from following me. Why should I strike you to the ground? How then should I be able to face Joab your brother?
Howbeit he refused to turn aside: wherefore Abner with the hinder end of the spear smote him under the fifth rib, that the spear came out behind him; and he fell down there, and died in the same place: and it came to pass, that as many as came to the place where Asahel fell down and died stood still.
Then Abner called out to Joab, "Must the sword devour forever? Don't you realize that this will turn bitter in the end? When will you tell the people to turn aside from pursuing their brothers?"
yea, they come in to the house, and he is lying on his bed, in the inner part of his bed-chamber, and they smite him, and put him to death, and turn aside his head, and they take his head, and go the way of the plain all the night,
And the king goeth, and his men, to Jerusalem, unto the Jebusite, the inhabitant of the land, and they speak to David, saying, 'Thou dost not come in hither, except thou turn aside the blind and the lame;' saying, 'David doth not come in hither.'
And David hath not been willing to turn aside unto himself the ark of Jehovah, to the city of David, and David turneth it aside to the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite,
and My kindness doth not turn aside from him, as I turned it aside from Saul, whom I turned aside from before thee,
'And now, the sword doth not turn aside from thy house unto the age, because thou hast despised Me, and dost take the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be to thee for a wife;
And Abishai son of Zeruiah saith unto the king, 'Why doth this dead dog revile my lord the king? let me pass over, I pray thee, and I turn aside his head.'
And the king said unto him, Turn aside, and stand here. And he turned aside, and stood still.
For all His ordinances were before me; and from His statutes I did not turn aside.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (4)
- Exodus (6)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (9)
- Deuteronomy (16)
- Joshua (4)
- Judges (9)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (9)
- 2 Samuel (14)
- 1 Kings (10)
- 2 Kings (8)
- 2 Chronicles (9)
- Esther (1)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (16)
- Proverbs (16)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (11)
- Jeremiah (8)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (4)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (2)
- Amos (3)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Zechariah (2)
- Malachi (1)
- Lay Aside (19 instances in 32 translations)
- Laying Aside All Malice (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 15 translations)
- Turn Again Unto Dust (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Turn Aside to the Right Hand or to the Left (5 instances in 11 translations)
- Turn Away Its Punishment (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Turn from Their Sin (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Turn Not To The Right Hand Nor To The Left (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Turn the Hearts of the Fathers (2 instances in 20 translations)
- Turn to Other Gods (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Turn to the Lord (21 instances in 25 translations)
- Turn to the Right or the Left (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Turn Your Ear (17 instances in 4 translations)
- Turn Your Face Toward (10 instances in 3 translations)
- Attacks On Jerusalem Turned Back
- Causing People To Turn
- Fear Turned To Assurance
- God Turned Back From Harming Them
- If You Turn From God
- In Turn
- Mourning Turned To Joy
- Not Turning Aside
- Turned To Blood
- Turning Against Men
- Turning From Evil
- Turning One's Back
- Turning Round
- Turning The Other Cheek