'Word of God' in the Bible
My brothers, the word of God had to be put into effect, which the Holy Spirit had said before, by the mouth of David, about Judas, who was guide to those who took Jesus,
For the word of God is for you and for your children and for all those who are far off, even all those who may be marked out by the Lord our God.
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
while we will go on devoting ourselves to prayer and the word of God."
And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
And they, when they had testified and preached the word of God, returned to Jerusalem and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.
You know the Word of God was sent to the children of Israel. He (Jehovah God) presented peace through the anointed Lord (or Master) of all, Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:36) (Jesus identified his father, Jehovah God, as Lord of all heaven and earth at Matthew 11:25)
And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
But the word of God grew and multiplied.
And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.
Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.
When they were come out of the Synagogue of the Jews, the gentiles besought them that they would preach the word of god to them between the Sabbath days.
And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
And as the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
The word of God (Greek: kurios: God) was published throughout the entire region.
and when they had preached the word of God in Perga, they descended into Attalia,
But Paul and Barnabas kept on in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of God, with a number of others.
And after some days, Paul said to Barnabas, Let us go back and see the brothers in every town where we have given the word of God, and see how they are.
And they spake unto him the word of God, with all who were in his house.
But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.
And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Matthew (4)
- Mark (2)
- Luke (8)
- John (1)
- Acts (25)
- Romans (8)
- 1 Corinthians (1)
- 2 Corinthians (3)
- Galatians (1)
- Ephesians (2)
- Philippians (1)
- Colossians (2)
- 1 Thessalonians (1)
- 2 Thessalonians (1)
- 1 Timothy (1)
- 2 Timothy (1)
- Titus (4)
- Hebrews (7)
- 1 Peter (1)
- 2 Peter (2)
- 1 John (2)
- 3 John (1)
- Revelation (5)
- Abide in My Word (1 instance in 8 translations)
- According to the Word of the Lord (42 instances in 11 translations)
- Believe His Word (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Choke the Word (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Commanded By The Word Of The Lord (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Despised the Word (3 instances in 20 translations)
- Despises the Word (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Doers of the Word (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Framed by the Word of God (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Fulfill the Word of the Lord (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Hear the Word of the Lord (38 instances in 25 translations)
- Hearer of the Word (1 instance in 25 translations)
- Keeps My Word (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Kept The Word (11 instances in 28 translations)
- Meditate on Your Word (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Ministry of the Word (3 instances in 27 translations)
- Obey My Word (7 instances in 8 translations)
- Preach the Word (7 instances in 25 translations)
- Pure Milk of the Word (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Say The Word (6 instances in 22 translations)
- Speak a Word (19 instances in 26 translations)
- Speak the Word (21 instances in 33 translations)
- Word Became Flesh (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Word Fitly Spoken (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Word of Exhortation (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Word of Faith (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Word of Life (4 instances in 34 translations)
- Word of Our God Stands Forever (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Word of Promise (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Word of the Lord (341 instances in 39 translations)
- Word of Truth (8 instances in 33 translations)
- Word Was God (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Word Was Made Flesh (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Word Was with God (2 instances in 31 translations)
- Your Word is Truth (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Affection, For God's Word
- Confidence, In God's Word
- Doubting God's Word
- Duplicating Words
- Fearing God's Word
- Fire Of God's Word
- Gentle Words
- God's Word Gives Wisdom
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God's Word Is True
- Good Words
- Hearing God's Word
- Keeping Man's Word
- Kind Words
- Last Words
- Life By God's Word
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Receiving God's Word
- Rejecting God's Word
- Rejection Of God's Word
- Rejoicing In God's Word
- Speaking The Word God Gives
- The Disciples Words
- The Effect Of The Word Of God
- Too Many Words
- Understanding God's Word