'Doth' in the Bible
Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.
Instruct thee doth thy wickedness, And thy backslidings reprove thee, Know and see that an evil and a bitter thing Is thy forsaking Jehovah thy God, And My fear not being on thee, An affirmation of the Lord Jehovah of Hosts.
A wild ass accustomed to a wilderness, In the desire of her soul she hath swallowed up wind, Her meeting -- who doth turn her back? None seeking her do weary themselves, In her month they find her.
Doth a virgin forget her ornaments? A bride her bands? And My people have forgotten Me days without number.
Saying, 'Lo, one sendeth away his wife, And she hath gone from him, And she hath been to another man, Doth he turn back unto her again? Greatly defiled is not that land? And thou hast committed whoredom with many lovers, And turn again to Me, an affirmation of Jehovah.
Doth He keep to the age? watch for ever?' Lo, these things thou hast spoken, And thou dost the evil things, and prevailest.
And I say, after her doing all these, Unto Me thou dost turn back, and she hath not turned back, and see it doth her treacherous sister Judah.
And it hath come to pass, when ye are multiplied, And have been fruitful in the land, In those days -- an affirmation of Jehovah, They say not any more, 'The ark of the covenant of Jehovah,' Nor doth it go up on the heart, Nor do they remember concerning it, Nor do they inspect, nor is it made again.
We have lain down in our shame, and cover us doth our confusion, For against Jehovah our God we have sinned, We, and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, Nor have we hearkened to the voice of Jehovah our God!
And it hath come to pass, in that day, An affirmation of Jehovah: 'Perish doth the heart of the king, And the heart of the princes, And astonished have been the priests, And the prophets do wonder.'
A full wind from these doth come for Me, Now, also, I speak judgments with them.
My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at the walls of my heart, Make a noise for me doth My heart, I am not silent, For the voice of a trumpet I have heard, O my soul -- a shout of battle!
For this doth the land mourn, And black have been the heavens above, because I have spoken -- I have purposed, And I have not repented, Nor do I turn back from it.
Therefore smitten them hath a lion out of the forest, A wolf of the deserts doth spoil them, A leopard is watching over their cities, Every one who is going out of them is torn, For many have been their transgressions, Mighty have been their backslidings.
For these do I not lay a charge? An affirmation of Jehovah, And on a nation such as this, Doth not My soul avenge itself?
They have lied against Jehovah, And they say, 'It is not He, Nor come in against us doth evil, Yea, sword and famine we do not see.
For these do not I inspect, an affirmation of Jehovah, On a nation such as this, Doth not My soul avenge itself?
Bow and javelin they take hold of, Fierce it is, and they have no mercy, Their voice as a sea doth sound, And on horses they ride, set in array as a man of war, Against thee, O daughter of Zion.
O daughter of My people, Gird on sackcloth, and roll thyself in ashes, The mourning of an only one make for thee, A lamentation most bitter, For suddenly come doth the spoiler against us.
And I have caused to cease from cities of Judah, And from streets of Jerusalem, The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, Voice of bridegroom, and voice of bride, For the land doth become a desolation!
And thou hast said unto them: Thus said Jehovah, Do they fall, and not rise? Doth he turn back, and not return?
Who doth make my head waters, And mine eye a fountain of tears? And I weep by day and by night, For the wounded of the daughter of my people.
Who doth give me in a wilderness A lodging-place of travellers? And I leave my people, and go from them, For all of them are adulterers, An assembly of treacherous ones.
Each of his friend -- beware ye, And on any brother, do not trust, For every brother doth utterly supplant, For every friend slanderously doth walk,
For these things do not I see after them? An affirmation of Jehovah, Against a nation such as this doth not My soul avenge itself?
Who is the wise man? and he understandeth this, And he to whom the mouth of Jehovah spake? And he doth declare it, For what hath the land perished? It hath been burnt up as a wilderness, Without any passing through.
With silver and with gold they beautify it, With nails and with hammers they fix it, And it doth not stumble.
Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.
And Jehovah is a God of truth, He is a living God, and a king age-during, From His wrath shake doth the earth, And nations endure not His indignation.
and thou hast said unto them, Thus said Jehovah God of Israel: Cursed is the man who doth not obey the words of this covenant,
Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?
Till when doth the earth mourn, And the herb of the whole field wither? For the wickedness of those dwelling in it, Consumed have been beast and fowl, Because they said, 'He doth not see our latter end.'
Give ye to Jehovah your God honour, Before He doth cause darkness, And before your feet stumble on dark mountains, And ye have waited for light, And He hath made it for death-shade, And hath appointed it for thick darkness.
And if ye do not hear it, In secret places doth my soul weep, because of pride, Yea, it weepeth sore, And the tear cometh down mine eyes, For the flock of Jehovah hath been taken captive.
Doth a Cushite change his skin? and a leopard his spots? Ye also are able to do good, who are accustomed to do evil.
Thus saith the LORD unto this people, Thus have they loved to wander, they have not refrained their feet, therefore the LORD doth not accept them; he will now remember their iniquity, and visit their sins.
Hast thou then utterly rejected Judah? Doth thy soul loathe Zion? Why hast thou smitten us, and there is no healing for us? Peace is looked for, and there is no good, and a time of healing, and behold terror!
For who hath pity on thee, O Jerusalem? And who doth bemoan for thee? And who turneth aside to ask of thy welfare?
Woe is me, my mother, that thou hast borne me a man of strife and a man of contention to the whole earth! I have neither lent on usury, nor men have lent to me on usury; yet every one of them doth curse me.
Doth one break iron -- northern iron, and brass?
And I have caused thine enemies To pass over into the land -- Thou hast not known, For a fire hath been kindled in Mine anger, Against you it doth burn.
And died have great and small in this land, They are not buried, and none lament for them, Nor doth any cut himself, nor become bald for them.
Doth man make for himself gods, And they -- no gods?
And thou hast let go -- even through thyself, Of thine inheritance that I gave to thee, And I have caused thee to serve thine enemies, In a land that thou hast not known, For a fire ye have kindled in Mine anger, Unto the age it doth burn.
Thus said Jehovah: Cursed is the man who doth trust in man, And hath made flesh his arm, And from Jehovah whose heart turneth.
And he hath been as a naked thing in a desert, And doth not see when good cometh, And hath inhabited parched places in a wilderness, A salt land, and not inhabited.
And hath been as a tree planted by waters, And by a rivulet he sendeth forth his roots, And he doth not see when heat cometh, And his leaf hath been green, And in a year of dearth he is not sorrowful, Nor doth he cease from making fruit.
Crooked is the heart above all things, And it is incurable -- who doth know it?
A partridge hatching, and not bringing forth, Is one making wealth, and not by right, In the midst of his days he doth forsake it, And in his latter end -- he is a fool.
Doth snow of Lebanon Cease from the rock of the field? Failed are the cold strange waters that flow?
And they say, Come, And we devise against Jeremiah devices, For law doth not perish from the priest, Nor counsel from the wise, Nor the word from the prophet, Come, and we smite him with the tongue, And we do not attend to any of his words.
and I have made this city for a desolation, and for a hissing, every passer by it is astonished, and doth hiss for all its plagues.
'Inquire, we pray thee, for us at Jehovah, for Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath fought against us; perhaps Jehovah doth deal with us according to all His wonders, and doth cause him to go up from off us.'
And after this -- an affirmation of Jehovah, I give Zedekiah king of Judah, And his servants, and the people, And those left in this city, From the pestilence, from the sword, and from the famine, Into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, And into the hand of their enemies, And into the hand of those seeking their life, And he hath smitten them by the mouth of the sword, He hath no pity on them, Nor doth he spare, nor hath he mercy.
and say, Hear the word of the LORD, O king of Judah, that doth sit upon the throne of David, thou, and thy slaves and thy people that enter in by these gates:
Ye do not weep for the dead, nor bemoan for him, Weep ye sore for the traveller, For he doth not return again, Nor hath he seen the land of his birth.
For thus said Jehovah concerning Shallum son of Josiah king of Judah, who is reigning instead of Josiah his father, who hath gone forth from this place: He doth not turn back hither again;
For in the place whither they have removed him he dieth, And this land he doth not see again.
Woe to him who is building his house by unrighteousness, And his upper chambers by injustice, On his neighbour he layeth service for nought, And his wage he doth not give to him.
All thy friends consume doth wind, And thy lovers into captivity do go, Surely then thou art ashamed, And hast blushed for all thy wickedness.
Thus said Jehovah: Write ye this man childless, A man -- he doth not prosper in his days, For none of his seed doth prosper, Sitting on the throne of David, And ruling again in Judah!
I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.
Saying diligently to those despising The word of Jehovah: Peace is for you, And to every one walking in the stubbornness of his heart they have said: Evil doth not come in unto you.
The anger of Jehovah doth not turn back Till His doing, and till His establishing, The thoughts of His heart, In the latter end of the days ye attend to it With understanding.
And when this people, or the prophet, Or a priest, doth ask thee, saying, What is the burden of Jehovah? Then thou hast said unto them: Ye are the burden, and I have left you, An affirmation of Jehovah.
And thou, thou dost prophesy unto them all these words, and hast said unto them: Jehovah from the high place doth roar, And from His holy habitation giveth forth His voice, He surely roareth for His habitation, A shout as of treaders down, God answereth all the inhabitants of the land,
And now, amend your ways, and your doings, and hearken to the voice of Jehovah your God, and Jehovah doth repent concerning the evil that He hath spoken against you.
Why do ye die, thou and thy people, by sword, by famine, and by pestilence, as Jehovah hath spoken concerning the nation that doth not serve the king of Babylon?
Within two years of days I am bringing back unto this place all the vessels of the house of Jehovah that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon hath taken from this place, and doth carry to Babylon,
The prophet who doth prophesy of peace -- by the coming in of the word of the prophet, known is the prophet that Jehovah hath truly sent him.'
And taken from them hath been a reviling by all the removed of Judah that are in Babylon, saying, Jehovah doth set thee as Zedekiah, and as Ahab, whom the king of Babylon roasted with fire;
Send unto all the removal, saying, Thus said Jehovah concerning Shemaiah the Nehelamite, Because that Shemaiah prophesied to you, and I -- I have not sent him, and he doth cause you to trust on falsehood,
Therefore, thus said Jehovah, Lo, I am seeing after Shemaiah the Nehelamite, and after his seed, he hath none dwelling in the midst of this people, nor doth he look on the good that I am doing to My people -- an affirmation of Jehovah -- for apostasy he hath spoken against Jehovah.'
Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
The fierceness of the anger of Jehovah Doth not turn back till His doing, Yea, till His establishing the devices of His heart, In the latter end of the days we consider it!
Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.
Then rejoice doth a virgin in a chorus, Both young men and old men -- together, And I have turned their mourning to joy, And have comforted them, And gladdened them above their sorrow,
Till when dost thou withdraw thyself, O backsliding daughter? For Jehovah hath prepared a new thing in the land, Woman doth compass man.
Thus said Jehovah of Hosts, God of Israel, Still they say this word in the land of Judah, And in its cities, In My turning back to their captivity, Jehovah doth bless thee, habitation of righteousness, Mountain of holiness.
But -- each for his own iniquity doth die, Every man who is eating the unripe fruit, Blunted are his teeth.
If these statutes depart from before Me, An affirmation of Jehovah, Even the seed of Israel doth cease From being a nation before Me all the days.
And Zedekiah king of Judah doth not escape out of the hand of the Chaldeans, but is certainly given into the hand of the king of Babylon, and his mouth hath spoken with his mouth, and his eyes see his eyes,
In the cities of the hill-country, In the cities of the low country, And in the cities of the south, And in the land of Benjamin, And in the suburbs of Jerusalem, And in the cities of Judah, Again doth the flock pass by under the hands of the numberer, said Jehovah.
In those days is Judah saved, And Jerusalem doth dwell confidently, And this is he whom Jehovah proclaimeth to her: 'Our Righteousness.'
Hast thou not considered what this people have spoken, saying: The two families on which Jehovah fixed, He doth reject them, And my people they despise -- So that they are no more a people before them!
if so be their supplication doth fall before Jehovah, and they turn back each from his evil way, for great is the anger and the fury that Jehovah hath spoken concerning this people.'
And Baruch son of Neriah doth according to all that Jeremiah the prophet commanded him, to read in the book the words of Jehovah in the house of Jehovah.
And declare to them doth Micaiah all the words that he hath heard, when Baruch readeth in the book in the ears of the people;
And the king commandeth Jerahmeel son of Hammelek, and Seraiah son of Azriel, and Shelemiah son of Abdeel, to take Baruch the scribe, and Jeremiah the prophet, and Jehovah doth hide them.
And reign doth king Zedekiah son of Josiah instead of Coniah son of Jehoiakim whom Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had caused to reign in the land of Judah,
And where are your prophets who prophesied to you, saying, The king of Babylon doth not come in against you, and against this land?
And Ebed-Melech the Cushite saith unto Jeremiah, 'Put, I pray thee, the worn-out clouts and rags under thine arm-holes, at the place of the cords,' and Jeremiah doth so,
And Jeremiah saith, 'They do not give thee up; hearken, I pray thee, to the voice of Jehovah, to that which I am speaking unto thee, and it is well for thee, and thy soul doth live.
and Jehovah bringeth it in, and doth as He spake, because ye have sinned against Jehovah, and have not hearkened to His voice, even this thing hath been to you.
and while he doth not reply -- 'Or turn back unto Gedaliah son of Ahikam, son of Shaphan, whom the king of Babylon hath appointed over the cities of Judah, and dwell with him in the midst of the people, or whithersoever it is right in thine eyes to go -- go.' And the chief of the executioners giveth to him for the way, and a gift, and sendeth him away,
And swear to them doth Gedaliah son of Ahikam, son of Shaphan, and to their men, saying, 'Be not afraid of serving the Chaldeans, abide in the land, and serve the king of Babylon, and it is well for you;
And Johanan son of Kareah hath spoken unto Gedaliah in secret, in Mizpah, saying, 'Let me go, I pray thee, and I smite Ishmael son of Nethaniah, and no one doth know; why doth he smite thy soul? and scattered have been all Judah who are gathered unto thee, and perished hath the remnant of Judah.'
And it cometh to pass, at their coming in unto the midst of the city, that Ishmael son of Nethaniah doth slaughter them, at the midst of the pit, he and the men who are with him.
And hear doth Johanan son of Kareah, and all the heads of the forces that are with him, of all the evil that Ishmael son of Nethaniah hath done,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (107)
- Exodus (108)
- Leviticus (151)
- Numbers (95)
- Deuteronomy (176)
- Joshua (45)
- Judges (39)
- Ruth (15)
- 1 Samuel (105)
- 2 Samuel (74)
- 1 Kings (77)
- 2 Kings (94)
- 1 Chronicles (31)
- 2 Chronicles (79)
- Ezra (10)
- Nehemiah (14)
- Esther (14)
- Job (223)
- Psalm (240)
- Proverbs (68)
- Ecclesiastes (27)
- Song of Songs (6)
- Isaiah (191)
- Jeremiah (135)
- Lamentations (18)
- Ezekiel (96)
- Daniel (53)
- Hosea (40)
- Joel (10)
- Amos (25)
- Obadiah (3)
- Jonah (8)
- Micah (24)
- Nahum (15)
- Habakkuk (19)
- Zephaniah (10)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (29)
- Malachi (9)
- Matthew (87)
- Mark (44)
- Luke (78)
- John (112)
- Acts (30)
- Romans (46)
- 1 Corinthians (49)
- 2 Corinthians (22)
- Galatians (10)
- Ephesians (5)
- Philippians (1)
- Colossians (5)
- 1 Thessalonians (5)
- 2 Thessalonians (3)
- 1 Timothy (5)
- 2 Timothy (2)
- Titus (4)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (32)
- James (21)
- 1 Peter (8)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (37)
- 2 John (1)
- 3 John (3)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (28)
- Dobrath (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Docile (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Doctor (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Doctors (11 instances in 9 translations)
- Doctrine (73 instances in 13 translations)
- Doctrines (12 instances in 12 translations)
- Document (19 instances in 5 translations)
- Documented (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Documents (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Dod (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dodge (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dodges (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doe (9 instances in 10 translations)
- Doer (20 instances in 14 translations)
- Doers (17 instances in 12 translations)
- Doest (59 instances in 6 translations)
- Doeth (131 instances in 5 translations)
- Dog (24 instances in 14 translations)
- Dog's (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Dog-flies (7 instances in 1 translation)
- Dogmatic (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dogs (34 instances in 14 translations)
- Doing (861 instances in 14 translations)
- Doings (103 instances in 11 translations)
- Dole (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Dolefully (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dollar (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dollars (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Dolphin (13 instances in 2 translations)
- Dolphins (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domain (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Domains (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dome (9 instances in 2 translations)
- Domestic (43 instances in 6 translations)
- Domesticated (9 instances in 2 translations)
- Domestics (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Dominant (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Dominate (16 instances in 6 translations)
- Dominated (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Dominates (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Dominating (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domination (34 instances in 4 translations)
- Domineer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domineered (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domineering (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Dominion (99 instances in 13 translations)
- Dominions (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Don (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Donate (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Donated (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Donation (11 instances in 2 translations)
- Donations (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Done (1579 instances in 14 translations)
- Donkey (93 instances in 7 translations)
- Donkey's (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Donkeys (73 instances in 7 translations)
- Donning (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Donors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doomed (42 instances in 9 translations)
- Dooming (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Door (272 instances in 14 translations)
- Door-keepers (44 instances in 12 translations)
- Door-post (9 instances in 12 translations)
- Door-posts (20 instances in 12 translations)
- Doorframe (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Doorframes (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Doorjamb (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorjambs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorkeeper (9 instances in 12 translations)
- Doorsills (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorstep (16 instances in 2 translations)
- Doorsteps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorway (256 instances in 8 translations)
- Doorways (34 instances in 7 translations)
- Dormant (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dost (1412 instances in 7 translations)
- Dot (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dote (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doted (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Doteth (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Doting (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Double (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Double-boarded (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-cross (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Double-edged (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Double-minded (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Double-portioned (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-pronged (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-talkers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-tongued (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Doubled (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Doubles (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doubly (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Doubt (75 instances in 14 translations)
- Doubted (6 instances in 11 translations)
- Doubter (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doubters (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Doubteth (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Doubtful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Doubting (16 instances in 13 translations)
- Doubtingly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doubtless (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Doubts (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Dough (17 instances in 13 translations)
- Dove (28 instances in 14 translations)
- Dove's (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Dove-cotes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dove-sellers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doves (24 instances in 14 translations)
- Dovesdung (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dovetailing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Down (2715 instances in 14 translations)
- Down-sitting (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Downcast (11 instances in 8 translations)
- Downfall (60 instances in 11 translations)
- Downhearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Downpour (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Downstairs (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Downstream (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Downtrodden (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Downward (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Downwards (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Dowry (8 instances in 11 translations)
- Doxology (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dozing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doth (3132 instances)