'Have Mercy' in the Bible
"Should I then, for all this, have mercy upon thee? Thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods. And albeit they were bound to me in marriage, yet they fell to adultery, and hunted harlots' houses.
And it shall come to pass that after I have plucked them out, I will return and have mercy on them, and will cause them to return, each one to his heritage, and each one to his land.
And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
And afterward, saith the LORD, I will deliver Zedekiah king of Judah, and his servants, and the people, and such as are left in this city from the pestilence, from the sword, and from the famine, into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and into the hand of their enemies, and into the hand of those that seek their life: and he shall smite them with the edge of the sword; he shall not spare them, neither have pity, nor have mercy.
Then the leaders continued: No one put Micah to death for saying that. Instead, King Hezekiah prayed to Jehovah with reverence and trembling and asked him to have mercy. Then Jehovah decided not to destroy Jerusalem, even though he had already said he would. People of Judah, if Jeremiah is killed we will bring a terrible disaster on ourselves.
Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob's tents, and have mercy on his dwellingplaces; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof.
Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.
You have mercy on thousands, and send punishment for the evil-doing of the fathers on their children after them: the great, the strong God, the Lord of armies is his name:
Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abounding in Mercy (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Abundant in Mercy (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Covenant and Mercy (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Goodness and Mercy (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Great Mercy (18 instances in 34 translations)
- Mercy and Not Sacrifice (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Mercy and Truth (17 instances in 14 translations)
- Mercy on the Poor (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Mercy Seat (25 instances in 18 translations)
- Obtain Mercy (5 instances in 27 translations)
- Obtained Mercy (8 instances in 26 translations)
- Plenteous In Mercy (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Received Mercy (7 instances in 19 translations)
- Rich in Mercy (4 instances in 33 translations)
- Righteousness and Mercy (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Show Mercy (41 instances in 25 translations)
- Show Them No Mercy (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Showing Mercy (12 instances in 18 translations)
- Shown Mercy (21 instances in 13 translations)
- Tender Mercy (16 instances in 20 translations)
- Abundant Mercy
- God Showed Mercy
- God Will Show Mercy
- God Without Mercy
- God's Mercy
- God's Mercy, Example Of
- Mercy Killings
- Mercy Seat
- Mercy, Examples Of
- Mercy, Human
- Mercy, Of Jesus Christ
- Mercy, Response To God's
- People Showing Mercy
- People Without Mercy
- Propitiatory [Mercy Seat]