'It is I' in the Bible
And I did not know Him and did not recognize Him [myself]; but it is in order that He should be made manifest and be revealed to Israel [be brought out where we can see Him] that I came baptizing in (with) water.
Then Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him and said about him, "Here is a true Israelite; no deceit is in him."
But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.
It is impossible for the world to hate you; but me it does hate, because I give testimony concerning it that its conduct is evil.
Again He said to them, "I am going away. Then you will try to find me, but you will die in your sins. Where I am going, it is impossible for you to come."
The Jews began to ask one another, "Is he going to kill himself, do you think, that he says, 'Where I am going, it is impossible for you to come'?"
Jesus answered, Neither hath this man been in fault, nor his parents; but it is in order to make manifest the works of God in him.
Some said, It is he; others said, No, but he is like him: he said, It is I.
it is I that give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any one force them out of my hand.
But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said, "You know nothing about it ??50 you do not understand it is in your own interests that one man should die for the People, instead of the whole nation being destroyed."
You do not see that it is in your interest for one man to be put to death for the people, so that all the nation may not come to destruction.
but it is in order that the world may know that I love the Father, and that it is in obedience to the command which the Father gave me that I thus act. Rise, let us be going."
It is not you who chose me, but it is I who chose you and appointed you that you might go and be fruitful and that your fruit might remain; so that whatever petition you present to the Father in my name He may give you.
But it is in order that the word may be fulfilled which is written in their law, "They hated me without a cause."
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (10)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (19)
- Numbers (3)
- Deuteronomy (6)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (7)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (6)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (3)
- Nehemiah (1)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (8)
- Proverbs (3)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (23)
- Jeremiah (11)
- Ezekiel (11)
- Daniel (5)
- Hosea (6)
- Micah (2)
- Haggai (1)
- Malachi (2)
- As It is Written (69 instances in 35 translations)
- Be It Far From Me (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Conscience When It Is Weak (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Declare It Boldly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Far Be It from Me (13 instances in 21 translations)
- How Good It is (6 instances in 10 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Is It Lawful (12 instances in 31 translations)
- It is Finished (8 instances in 33 translations)
- It is Impossible (25 instances in 39 translations)
- It is the Lord (49 instances in 36 translations)
- It is Written (121 instances in 36 translations)
- It Was Good (28 instances in 23 translations)
- It Will Be Forgiven (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Keep It Holy (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Placed It In A Tomb (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Sealed It (11 instances in 27 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Take It And Eat It (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Take It Away From Me (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Take It to Heart (9 instances in 11 translations)
- That It May Go Well with You (13 instances in 10 translations)
- That It Might Be Fulfilled (12 instances in 18 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Wind Blows Where It Wishes (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Write on It (6 instances in 12 translations)
- You Have Heard that It Was Said (5 instances in 18 translations)