'It is I' in the Bible
But if we experience trouble, it is in order [to provide] for your comfort and salvation. Or, if we are comforted, it is in order [to provide] for your comfort [also], which enables you to endure patiently the same sufferings we experience.
If it is I who cause you pain, why, who is there to cheer me, except the very person whom I am paining?
Thus death is actively at work in us, but [it is in order that our] life [may be actively at work] in you.
For if we have been beside ourselves, it has been for God's glory; or if we are now in our right senses, it is in order to be of service to you.
It is indeed unnecessary for me to write to you concerning the service to the saints,
It is indeed not expedient for me to boast; I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
that he was caught up to Paradise, and heard unutterable words, which it is impossible for a man to speak.
but he told me, "It is enough for you to have my grace: it is in weakness that [my] power is fully felt." So I am proud to boast of all my weakness, and thus to have the power of Christ resting on my life.
I take pleasure then in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am afflicted, then it is I have fortitude.
All this time you have been thinking that we are defending ourselves to you. Actually, it is in the sight of God that we have been speaking in Christ; and all for your upbuilding, beloved.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (10)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (19)
- Numbers (3)
- Deuteronomy (6)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (7)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (6)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (3)
- Nehemiah (1)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (8)
- Proverbs (3)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (23)
- Jeremiah (11)
- Ezekiel (11)
- Daniel (5)
- Hosea (6)
- Micah (2)
- Haggai (1)
- Malachi (2)
- As It is Written (69 instances in 35 translations)
- Be It Far From Me (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Conscience When It Is Weak (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Declare It Boldly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Far Be It from Me (13 instances in 21 translations)
- How Good It is (6 instances in 10 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Is It Lawful (12 instances in 31 translations)
- It is Finished (8 instances in 33 translations)
- It is Impossible (25 instances in 39 translations)
- It is the Lord (49 instances in 36 translations)
- It is Written (121 instances in 36 translations)
- It Was Good (28 instances in 23 translations)
- It Will Be Forgiven (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Keep It Holy (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Placed It In A Tomb (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Sealed It (11 instances in 27 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Take It And Eat It (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Take It Away From Me (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Take It to Heart (9 instances in 11 translations)
- That It May Go Well with You (13 instances in 10 translations)
- That It Might Be Fulfilled (12 instances in 18 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Wind Blows Where It Wishes (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Write on It (6 instances in 12 translations)
- You Have Heard that It Was Said (5 instances in 18 translations)